6/17/16

Outfit Recap + Friday Faves 6/17/16

|
If things go as planned, today I'll be at a family reunion while you're reading this post. But before I left, I put together a standard Friday post with four outfits I wore prior to departure, plus the Sweets Edition of my Trader Joe's favorites for Friday Favorites!

Outfit Recap:

ONE:
Tee: Express (Similar) | Shorts: J. Crew Factory | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift) | Sandals: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar)

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Jacket: Express | Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Shoes: Target (Similar) | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar)

Shop the Look:



THREE:
Tee: Express (Similar) | Jean: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Ring: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Cami: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Amazon (Pink Sold Out)

Shop the Look:


Front View:
Individual versions of front view outfits: here

Trader Joe's Sweets Favorites

Last week I shared some of my Trader Joe's favorites (see it here), but I deliberately left out all of the sweets in an effort to help everyone avoid temptation in the midst of bikini season. Well, today I'm not being so considerate. In no particular order, here are a few of my favorite sweet treats from Trader Joe's.

1. Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels
Salty + sweet is my favorite flavor combination for treats, and you'll notice a lot of my favorites here have that mix. I'm also a lifelong fan of peanut butter and chocolate, so it's not hard to see why I love these things.

2. Praline Pecans
Once again, salty plus sweet for the win! These are sinfully delicious- not sure what more I can say about them. They have about ten thousand calories per teeny tiny serving, so purchase at your own risk!

3. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
I am not usually a big fan of dark chocolate, so when a friend insisted I try these I was skeptical because I didn't see how they could be better than a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I was surprised by how much I liked these! I don't think they are better than Reese's - they're just different. The peanut butter is smooth and creamy and it has a richer, more sophisticated taste to me overall. If you like peanut butter and chocolate in general these are definitely worth a taste!

4. Chocolate Covered Almonds
Did I mention I like things that combine salty and sweet? Okay, well, here we are again. And I also just said I don't like dark chocolate that much, but in putting this post together I'm realizing I like it quite a bit as long as it's paired with something sweet! The sugar coating on these makes quite a difference.

5. Espresso Pillows
This one doesn't have a salt-factor, but it does have a coffee-factor and coffee + chocolate is on par with peanut butter and chocolate for me. My thumb is covering part of the label, but these are "Crunchy Toffeed Espresso Bits Covered in Dark Chocolate." (I really can't believe how many dark chocolate items Trader Joe's has made me like!) These are actually not bad if you're calorie-conscious (70 calories/22 pieces). Part of the reason I like them is that can satisfy my sweet tooth cravings but but they aren't the type of thing where I want to eat the entire tin at once.

* * *
I hope you all have a great weekend! I may be a little quiet on social media for a few days while I'm off spending time with family. I don't get to see them very often and I don't want to let myself get too distracted by my phone during our time. I know you all understand that, and I look forward to connecting again when I'm back next week!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey |

CONVERSATION

12 comments:

  1. Love this TJ faves, I have so many things I love I TJ now that I'm thinking of putting together a post together. Of course all cute outfits.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first top is so cute! I love Trader Joe's for sweet treats, especially the chocolate peanut butter pretzels! Enjoy your time with family!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfits! Thank you for sharing your favorite's from TJ! I always get overwhelmed in TJ and miss out on good stuff unless I know about it before hand.
    xo, Lee
    www.wineandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really love that white top in your first outfit!! I also love when you review Trader Joe items. The peanut butter cups look delicious!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eyes are always drawn to your accessories first and foremost LOL. I've told you before how much I love them! I just noted that Express is selling my favorite accessory..sets of pins/brooches. I need them in my life! The first outfit does it for me. I love the black and white with the leopard print shoes!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You reminded me that I need a pair of black chino shorts! The simple black and white combo is perfect! Plus leopard! <3
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chocolate covered PB pretzels are my all time favorites!! I am dangerous with them. Ha! All of their snacks are so yummy. I just tried a broccoli/kale slaw mix that was amazing and bought the cauliflower rice on Rachelle's suggestion (haven't tried it yet). Loving all your outfits. I want a white distressed pair of jeans. Have fun with the family!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate covered almonds is so delicious! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore that fun pink fringe necklace, and can't get enough of chocolate covered almonds!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so disconnected from the blog world right now! Vacation does that :)

    I love your first outfit! It's so hot, I definitely need more shorts. Time to go back to target! And I really need to shop at traders more often. I rarely go there but you and Rachelle may change that for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have wonderful collection and nice taste of dressing.
    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. phew i am safe because none of those things sound particularly yummy haha. actually, the pecans do... hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!