6/27/16

(Hold the Red) White and Blue

|
Dear America, I really am proud to be an American and I'm glad I live here, etc., but I'm sorry, I just don't like to dress like your flag. It's wonderful on its own, but on me, red is not my best color. It's hard for me to wear (like I mentioned here). Blue and white, though...I'm all about that, especially classic denim and white. It's one of my favorite combos and I think it's pretty All-American on its own. That said, here are four of my favorite Denim & White outfits for today's Monthly Talk with Erika:

ONE:
Tee: Old Navy | Necklace: Gift (Unknown Brand, SimilarShorts: Guess (Similar) | Sandals: Target (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Belt: Banana Republic | Sunglasses: Firmoo | Bracelets: Express (Similar)| Nails: Essie "Blanc"

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Fossil | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Look:

THREE
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Nordstrom  | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift) | Bracelets: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott

Shop the Look:

FOUR:
Top: Express | Tank: Target | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Forever 21 (Similar) | Necklace: LOFT (Similar under $10!) | Watch: c/o Fossil | BagAmazon (Pink Sold Out) | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Look:


Front View:

If I'm feeling really Patriotic this 4th of July, I suppose I could just substitute my red bag (this one, shown in the second outfit here) for any of the bags I'm carrying above. I think that's about as festive as I'm willing to get in terms of clothing! I'm all for the other Independence Day traditions of barbecues and fireworks, although I haven't figured out exactly what we'll be doing this year to celebrate. San Diego has a pretty well-known fireworks display that we've yet to experience since moving here three years ago, so maybe this will be the year!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey |

CONVERSATION

17 comments:

  1. Totally all American! And good ones too! Seriously. Will you just buy me a white tee every time you buy yourself one? Because I don't own any and I always regret that when I see you in yours!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol this made me chuckle! I too love being patriotic and I love our flag, but even though I am starting to embrace red, I prefer white and blue on the 4th. The first and last looks here are my favorite! I've been in shorts for the past week :) Oh, and you must see the SD fireworks display, it's amazing! Not sure what we are doing either but since it's a Monday, probably staying home and BBQing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big fan of red clothing. It just doesn't look good on me. So going with White and Blue for the 4th is my avenue. Love what you paired together and the accessories to make it a finished outfit.
    xo, Lee
    www.wineandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about red in my wardrobe. It's great to see the way you add a dash of color--even brights--to outfits. That works for me, too. Been really enjoying your blog; it's just my style.

    Don't know how old your children are, but Legoland does a great fireworks display as a nice end to spending the day there (North County, San Diego). My boys enjoyed it up to their preteen times (waterpark, rollercoasters).

    Hope your 4th's a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment and suggestions Rina! My kids are 9 & 10 and we had a Legoland annual pass for awhile when we first moved here. The waterpark was definitely their favorite. I always wished there was a separate entrance for just the waterpark so we didn't have to trek alllll the way through the parking lot and the theme park to get to it!

      Delete
  5. I've always loved the red barcelona cami on you whenever you wear it. But, for some reason I don't see you wearing it with a navy blue scar with big white stars on it. We can show our patriotism in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't much like to dress like the flag either. red is not my colour! at home, even though we use the same colours in our flag, when you dress to be patriotic, you wear green and gold (well, yellow, lets be real) which is much better on me haha. well, not yellow, but green for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look really, really good in blue and white and I just want to copy all of these outfits... they all look comfortable and laid back! Maybe I will skip the red this 4th, too and do one of these!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am usually not one for putting red, white, and blue together, at least not in an overly done way. Your classic denim and white is perfect and definitely all American!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me more excited to dress up for the 4th!!!

    Come join this GIVEAWAY I am hosting at the blog this week for yoga/activewear brand AIRABELLA ACTIVE – Happy Tuesday!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to stop by Express and check out the white T. I need a new one and Target is not selling the one I bought from them last year. I love that it skims and gives you a little extra room. I also love the accessories you have in that picture! Great job Gina!!! xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great play on the colors Gina! I feel you on wearing the colors. I'm head to Martha's Vineyard for the 4th and my family wants to wear the colors for a theme night..I was immediately against it because I typically see so many tacky things around the holiday, but I figured one accessory or a fun piece will do!. These looks are totally doable and remind me how bad I'm in need of a new white tee!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all of your looks, especially the first one with the fun hint of color with the red belt! I always prefer the hint of red too, as I'm a huge fan of blue and white <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the blue and white - especially the white jeans and denim shirt. I think the red bag with the last look would be fun - and not too much.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  14. I barely have any red in my closet. Blue and white is such a great classic combo! I love these Americana looks!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Loving all of these, but particularly number 4!

    Zelle
    Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice look. Loved all of this look. Awesome post.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!