6/1/16

Gemini Style featuring Kate Upton

|
We are right in the midst of Gemini Season (which runs May 21-June 21), so today as part of my Astrology Series, I'm talking Gemini Style with this month's featured birthday girl, model/actress Kate Upton.

One thing I have learned from my previous Gemini Style posts (like this and this this one and this one) is that Gemini women like Ashley Olsen and Angelina Jolie love black-on-black-on-black outfits. As I shared in my Celebrity Mom Style post (here) I personally tend to go just shy of that look by having an all-black base with a contrasting outer layer, like this:
Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole | Necklace: LOFT (Similar) (See below for front view)

Shop the Look:



I guess that's the Aquarius in me, though, because sure enough, Kate Upton (June 10, 1992) loves to wear the signature all-black-everything Gemini look in a variety of dressy and casual ways:

Sometimes Kate also opts for a contrasting jacket of some kind (like I do) instead of the all-black, like these:

As a frequent outfit formula repeater myself it's fun to see a celebrity like Kate (who presumably has access to all of the outfit options possible!) do the same thing. Either way she styles it, I think the black on black suits her very well, and she keeps it from being totally redundant by switching up not only the jacket, but small details like shoes, bag, hairstyle, and lip color.

I could only dig a up a couple of outfits I've worn similar to Kate (both using a couple of my wardrobe staples, a black Barcelona Cami and Black Jeans), but she inspires me to try this same basic look with more of my jackets in the future:

Outfit One:
Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole | Necklace: LOFT (Similar)

Shop the Look:



Outfit Two:
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Target (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:



* * *

If you're not a Gemini and want the style scoop (and more!) on your own sign, just head to the Astrology section under Categories in my menu bar up top! And as always, if you are a Gemini I'd love to hear from you and find out whether you relate to Kate's style or not!





Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Tara | Amanda

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. Kate Upton is so pretty, and always looks so chic! Your outfits are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how she wear the same thing over and over, she looks amazing.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate Upton always looks amazing! The all black with a contrasting jacket or cardigan is more my style too. Easy and chic!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her style! All classic pieces that any woman can wear. I love your interpretation of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of an all black base with another color in the mix. It always looks so chic, and I love your choice of a red bag!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very interesting that she opts for black so much. Ms. Upton definitely needs to get herself a red purse pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never realized how her outfits are almost always the same, interesting!

    My Vogue Style - www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love to see celebrities recycle things, even if it's a style and not just an item. it's like they are normal people! i say that not sarcastically at all, lol. i like that she changes up other parts of the outfit as well, not just the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the necklace from LOFT in your top picture! It's caught my eye a couple of times. Also, we were both channeling the black on black with a white blazer! I was JUST thinking of how that would look with my black shorts and black tank, as I was driving kids home from school today!! xx-S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!