5/25/16

What's Up Wednesday May

|
I'm joining What's Up Wednesday for a little end-of-the month review because it's a fun to share some random topics here in addition to my usual outfits and shopping posts.

I answered several of the questions from the prompt below, so read on to see what's been going on around here this month.

What I'm eating this week:

Fresh berries! I always thought of them as summer fruit but they must be in season here right now because I have had great luck with my recent purchases being perfectly ripe. Sweet and juicy and not too tart. Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are my favorite. 

What I'm loving:

If you follow me on Snapchat, (@ontheDailyX), I shared a very up close and personal video of just how effective these acne patches are at extracting the gunk that clogs pores. It's equal parts gross and fascinating but there's nothing like these for getting rid of a zit.

What I've been up to:
May was a packed month! Some fun personal highlights included hanging out with Noelle twice - once for a birthday party for her good friend and once when she came to one of my dance shows. There was also a lot of Momlife/Kidstuff going on at school between teacher appreciation week, the Spelling Bee, and some other end of the year school projects that kept us busy on top of our regular homework and after school activities like Swim Team and Tae Kwon Do.

What I'm excited about:
Memorial Day Weekend! Lots of great sales everywhere and some social gatherings with friends should make it a fun one.

What I'm doing this weekend:
See above!

What I'm working on:
On the blog front, I'm working on a couple of posts for Memorial Day. Tomorrow I'm sharing the pieces my friends love from Express that I don't have. (Believe it or not there are some things on that list!) On the personal development side I'm always working on improving my skills in my other two main hobbies: dance and martial arts.

What I'm reading:


When I need a new book to read, Kristen is one of my go-to sources for recommendations.  I was in the mood for some chick lit this month and saw that she listed The Royal We in her Best Books of 2015 post (here) and in her list of 5 star books (here) so I went for it. So far it does not disappoint! It's a fun, easy read which is exactly what I wanted.

What I'm wearing
I post my daily outfits on Instagram, and these were my four most-liked outfits for the month of May.

ONE: 
Tee: Nordstrom Rack | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Nordstrom | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Express (Similar) | Bracelets: Express (Similar) | Watch: Fossil (Similar)

Shop the Look:


TWO:

Tee: Express | Shorts: Target | Sandals: Vince Camuto (Similar) | Bag: Aldo (Similar) | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Look:




THREE
Jacket: Nordstrom (Similar) | Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express | Shoes: Forever 21 | Bag: Tory Burch (Option, Budget Option) | Bracelets: LOFT

Shop the Look:




FOUR:

Sweater: LOFT | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Kendra Scott (only in Turquoise) | Watch: Fossil (Similar)

Shop the Look:




Front View:
Individual versions of the front view outfits found here

A couple of my recent favorite items from Express (that will hopefully be included in the Memorial Day Sale) didn't make it to the crowd favorites this month, but that won't keep me from loving them and talking about them again on Friday anyway!

What I'm looking forward to next month/this summer?
I say this often, but summer is my favorite season, so I'm looking forward to a lot! This Winter and Spring felt cooler to me than years past (maybe I've just acclimated to San Diego weather now?), so I am really looking forward to warmer days and nights. Then when the kids get out of school next month our evenings will be more relaxed without homework, and I'm ready for that change of pace. We have one family trip lined up in June and a lot of social events scattered throughout the summer months, so just thinking about summer makes me happy!


* * *
Thanks for reading today and I will see you back tomorrow for some blogger/Instagrammer top choices from the (fingers crossed) Express sale!





Linking up with:

ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda |

CONVERSATION

12 comments:

  1. All your tees look super comfy and cute...I'm loving the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh berries too! The Royal We is on my reading list and I really should pick it up at the library so I have something to read this weekend! I'm so glad school is out - everything definitely seems easier!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits are really cute. I wish I could master that Instagram pose. I am not that coordinated. Feel free to pop by and join my first link-up.
    Tania @ http://50isnotold.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cardigan from Loft! I mean you can't go wrong with a long thin cardi for summer!

    Dropping by from What I Wore! Just followed you in Insta!

    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh!! Thanks for reminding me that I need to try those acne patches! That was the coolest snap ever. Haha! Jelly that you and Noelle are close enough to hang out but it's nice to see you two together! Also- I love seeing how your blog has evolved over time! You have fully embraced the outfit selfie and it's fun to see your outfit photos in both formats!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your green jacket, so chic and simple! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy I joined this link up because it was much more fun to compose than I thought it would be!

    I don't break out often ( knock on wood) but I saved your acne patch recommendation. I loved seeing you do those snaps! Very helpful!

    I'm so glad we are hanging out more! Nate and I are definitely looking forward to chris' party at the end of June :) I'll be tan from Hawaii so I'll have fun choosing something cute to wear. And that pink tee from Nordstrom rack is so pretty! I'm loving simple t shirts right now.

    I don't think I'll have much time to shop any sales this long weekend but maybe Monday I can finally place another express order! I haven't set foot in that store in a couple months which is really unlike me. I think I just needed a break lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try those acne pads for sure, and yay for the Royal We! Such a great read, and I'm hoping so much that they'll turn it into a movie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for the post tomorrow! You know I need some items for my new job ;) I missed the snap with your zit zapping and I've never heard of those patches before! I'll be checking them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllly hope you like the royal we. fingers and toes and all other body parts crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina, this was such a fun read! I love getting to know the other side of a bloggers life. :) Have to say those outfits WERE pretty fantastic. I'm going to try to incorporate more v-necks into my wardrobe at your inspiration. I haven't shopped at Express in about a decade and just might have to pop back in. xx-S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!