5/30/16

Summer Plans: Outfits and More

|
Happy Memorial Day! I'm joining Erika to talk about summer plans, and I'm starting off with summer outfit planning. I did some Memorial Day Shopping to prepare my summer wardrobe (details here), but I also plan to repeat some of my favorite outfits from last year. So first I'll recap four of those, and then I'm sharing four of my favorite summer activities...in case you want to know where I actually wear these outfits!

Summer Outfit Plans:
The storewide 40% off sale is still on now at Express so all of the exact tops in these outfits and my favorite white jeans are priced as low as they will get until Black Friday. Since these outfits are from last year, many of the other items are long gone, so I'm only linking to a few "Similar" items below that I had handy.

ONE:
Top: Express | Necklace: Old Navy (Similar) | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Shoes: Steve Madden | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express | Nails: Essie "Blanc"

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Express | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Necklace: Express | Shoes: Vince Camuto (Similar) | Bag: Forever 21 | Bracelet: Stella & Dot "Portia" | Nails: Essie "Romper Room"

Shop the Look:


THREE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: DV Safia | Necklace: Express | Handbag: Express | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Top: Express | Shorts: Guess (Similar) | Necklaces: Forever 21 and CCO (Sold Out) | Sandals: Jessica Simpson (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: Purple Peridot

Shop the Look:


Front View:

Summer Plans

1. The Pool
Image Source: Lava Hot Springs

Living in San Diego people ask me a lot if we go to the beach all the time. After living here a few years, we do the beach and the pool every summer, but we're more of a pool family than a beach family. The pool is less work and stress for us as parents, and fortunately our kids also seem to like it better and want to stay longer there (as long as it has a high dive) than at the beach.

2. The Winery
Image via Trip Advisor

Wineries are a year-round activity in most part of California, but they're a particular favorite of mine in the summer when the days are long and the nights are warm. We're also lucky to have a few family-friendly wineries nearby (Red Tricycle helped me find these and is my favorite resource for finding family activities in our area), where the kids can run around and play while we kick back and enjoy the views with a glass of wine.

3. The Olympics
Image via: Design Boom

I'm so excited that this is a Summer Olympics year! I love watching the Olympics and am excited for my kids to watch it as well. Hopefully it will inspire all of us to train a little harder and push ourselves a little whether our goals are sports related or not. Women's Gymnastics is a must-see for me but I'm sure I'll get hooked into watching a few other events as well.

4. The Family



Since we don't live near family, every summer we take a trip to visit at least one side the family (if not both). This year it's my family's turn and we have a big reunion planned. It will be crazy but fun, and this might be my chance to prove I really do know some of the family members I've mentioned here (like my niece Miss Audrey Sue) in real life!

* * *

Thanks for reading today and I hope you're having a safe Memorial Day Weekend. I skipped my monthly Astrology post last week to talk Memorial Day Sales so stay tuned for Gemini Style later this week!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda |

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. You have such great Summer plans, I wished we have wineries around here as well. Loving these summer outfits.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have never been to the wineries in California and a trip there may actually happen next summer... I thought it would be a good way to kick off my 40th next summer... I'm in a land locked state, so the beach is always more appealing to me. Although, if I lived close to the beach maybe I'd prefer the pool more. I can't wait to see you style that camo jacket!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you already have all these summer plans and I can barely commit to things happening next weekend! I love all these outfits, the one with the pink top is my favorite! I bought some jeans from Express during the sale, but that was about it!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are totally more pool people than beach people as well. Though I love listening to the sounds of the beach! Your plans all work for me, too! When should I be ready to tag along? :)
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like you do summer outfits so well. And your summer plans sound like so much fun! I tend to like the pool better too. It is just less maintenance, but it's nice to go to the ocean occasionally. I didn't realize there were family friendly wineries. That sounds great. I kind of wish my family did big reunions.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have a lot of plans. I'm looking forward to the summers when I can just take the kids to the pool, grab and chair and a book and just hang out. Thanks for posting the picture from Lava Hot Springs. It may have just inspired a summer weekend trip for us. And, as always, I love the outfits. I really like that bright pink on you, in both the cami and the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Express, definitely checking out these fab tops! Hope you had a great weekend!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the tops--the pink and stripes, especially. those would be PERFECT for this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So obsessed with the color of that pink cami!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm more of a pool person too but we live across the street from a lake so I have to make due. I would love to have a trip to CA one day to visit wineries! I'm so excited for the summer olympics! Especially the swimming and gymnastics!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute/perfect outfits! As per usual! Love that striped top a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great outfits !
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have an amazing summer ahead- and give me all the pretty Barca cami's right now from Express. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like the perfect summer plans, Gina. I love the beach (and the sound of waves), but I prefer the less sand of a pool over the beach.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you have quite a summer planned girl! I found myself with a gift card and got a couple of things at Express during this sale as well. Always great to shop for free :) Love the striped top with the pink shoes!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. aw yay for family time! a reunion sounds fun. i can understand how the pool is easier for parents vs the beach. we definitely grew up going to the beach over the pool, but as an adult (and, um, someone who lives in KY) i prefer the pool and i think i will when we have kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!