5/20/16

Outfits + Friday Faves 5/20/16

|
Happy Friday! I don't really have anything fun planned this weekend, but looking forward to it anyway since this whole week I felt like I couldn't quite get it together. So maybe a few slower paced days will get me in the right mindset for a good week next week. But...I don't want to start thinking about Monday yet so let's focus on the now and start with a recap of this week's outfits and some of my highlights/favorites.

Outfit Recap

One:
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Ring: Express (Similar) | Bracelet: LOFT (Similar)

Shop the Look:


Two:
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: ExpressShoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon (Pink Sold Out) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar) | Ring: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


Three:
Top: Express | Shoes: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bracelets: Express (Similar) | Watch: Fossil (Similar) | Ring: Target

Shop the Look:


Four:
Sweater: LOFT | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Kendra Scott (only in Turquoise) | Watch: Fossil (Similar)

Shop the Look:



Front View:
Individual version of front view outfits here

Friday Favorites:
As usual I'm linking up with ErikaAndrea and Narci today, and I did a better job than usual of tracking some favorites this week to share with you all.



1. Favorite Mood Booster: Carpool Karaoke
Anytime I'm having a blah day and need a pick me up (that doesn't cost any money or have any calories), I love catching up on Carpool Karaoke with James Cordon on YouTube. I never stay up late enough to watch his actual show, but this segment always makes me smile. I loved his most recent version with Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato (which teaches us all the real meaning of his brother's song "Cake by the Ocean!"), and some other memorable favorite guests have been Adele, Carrie Underwood, One Direction, and Justin Bieber (twice)! Warning: they're addictive and I usually end up watching more than one once I start. If you have any favorite guests let me know in the comments so I can look them up!

2. Favorite TV Show: Dancing with the Stars
I don't want to spoil this just in case any of you were planning to watch this on DVR over the weekend, but my favorite person was eliminated this week just before the finals and I was sad about that! Mind you, I don't vote so I can't complain. But regardless, I'm excited for the finale coming up next week because the freestyle routines are always a favorite each season.

3. Favorite Place to Post Daily Workouts: Snapchat
If you missed my post last week, I decided that I'm going to share my daily workouts on Snapchat (@ontheDailyX) rather than here on the blog. I shared all of my workouts on Snapchat this week, whether it was a DVD title or a trip to the dance studio. That worked out well for me and as a result, I had some fun exchanges with a few of you all on that platform. When I have a particular workout that I'm loving, or that's new to me I'll try to mention it here as a favorite well.

* * *
That does it for me today! Before you go, a quick reminder that there are still a few days left to enter the Macbook Air/Canon Rebel Giveaway in this post, so head on over to enter if you haven't yet and I'll see you back here on Tuesday!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda |

CONVERSATION

27 comments:

  1. I don't feel bad about my gigis collection anymore lol, love all three you are wearing, I really want the pink one. Have a great weekend!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week of outfits, Gina! I envy your jacket collection so much! You always have the best "toppers" to every look! Really love that pink bag!

    Have a great relaxing weekend!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching Dancing with the Stars sporadically and need to get caught up. Carpool Karaoke is so funny and is definitely a mood lifter! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your look #3. Those Sam Edelman's are my favorite - I have like 5 pairs of them - and wear them continually in the summer. I hope they stay in style for a long time. Have a great weekend, Gina!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the top outfit, so chic with the jacket! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that first blush jacket. I really need to expand my jacket/blazer collection. I love dancing with the stars too. I need to watch it more. Enjoy your weekend!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the style inspiration.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfits this week, it's hard to pick a favorite! I think I'll go for number 2 ;)

    I love carpool karaoke! So hilarious! I liked seeing JLo the best, when they called Leo dicaprio lol. Have you seen that one? You have to!

    And it's okay if you had an off week. We all go through that. Hopefully next week is much better but TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naturally I watched the JLO episode per your recommendation and you're right...the Leo texting was hilarious!!! Thanks for the rec!

      Delete
  9. Sometimes those slower paced weekends are necessary! Hope you have a good one!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blush pink moto jacket has me jealous! So amazing!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really enjoying following your workout snapchats and all of the details you're giving. You're making me want to go back to Cathe.....I actually did get a couple of her workouts in here and there and will have start getting her back in the mix. One thing I've noticed that she does much better than any of my Autumn Calabrese workouts is give a really good full stretch at the end. I needed that. I've been trying to catch carpool karaokes on youtube. They're on way past my bedtime, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great outfits! :) Definitely love your jackets, something I need more of, haha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is fun to see what workouts you are doing on SnapChat... I was trying to post my weekly run outside, but I haven't gotten outside the last two weeks with all the end of school craziness going on (and it has been raining a lot!). That blush jacket in outfit 1 is my fave!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layers Gina, I love all these outfits...especially the one with the blush jacket and the striped ones. ;) I started putting more outfits in my newsletter using your selfie style! Thanks for the inspiration. xx-S
    www.gamineandstripes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, glad I could inspire you! I'm definitely not the originator of that style of outfit selfie, but it's nice for seeing outfit details, isn't it?

      Delete
  15. I have still not gotten into SnapChat! Too many social media platforms, I seriously cannot keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that pink jacket! Please let us know if you see it come back somewhere else. The similar one just isn't as cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All so cute, I really love that first jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh I love them all! Your pairings are always great and always involve some pop of color, which I can totally appreciate! I am really enjoying your workout routines on snapchat as of late!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun that you are sharing your workouts on snapchat! It's kind of nice to have social media options! And I didn't end up buying any Gigi's because of luggage constraints but dangit I really want a new color! Still craving that chambray. I need to remember it the next time I'm in store!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carpool karaoke with Sia was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't seen that one yet! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  21. Beautifully styled!! adding a jacket/sweater ups the look of outfits ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my gosh i love carpool karaoke. i love James Cordon! he's so funny. he was in a doctor who episode (actually, a couple) and he is hilarious. i totally watch a bunch of his videos in a row and end up in a black hole of youtube. adele is my favourite, and i love an interview she did with ellen and she sings (while just hanging out on the couch or whatever) and her voice really is so phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!