4/27/16

What's Up Wednesday April

|
I'm joining What's Up Wednesday for a little end-of-the month review because it's a fun and easy way for me to share some random things beyond outfits and workouts!

I answered several of the questions from the prompt below (skipping anything that made me stare at the computer screen for too long trying to think of an answer...), so read on to see what's been going on around here this month.

What I'm eating:
I realize processed meats and cheese are not the healthiest thing, but occasionally I need something to eat on the go or in my car and these have come in handy. It's basically a Lunchable for adults. The wine-infused salame has a really good flavor and the toasted bread/cracker things are really good too. I've purchased these at Target but they're probably available at most grocery stores (in the same section as Lunchables, naturally).

What I'm reminiscing about:
With the recent death of Prince I've been reminiscing about each of his songs that take me back to a certain memory or time in my life. e.g. My college roomie and I would play "7" every time we rode in the car together and we had a pretty sweet choreographed car/hand dance routine to it if I do say so myself!

What I'm loving:
Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay. Where was this stuff in the 80s when I really needed it the most? I started using this stuff a few months ago and for my fine, limp hair, it does an amazing job of giving lasting volume when I spray it at the roots. It's definitely a new staple product for me.


What we've been up to:
April was an action packed month! We had our Los Angeles Trip, a 9th birthday party for my youngest, a belt test for me in Tae Kwon Do, a fun visit from that same college roomie I mentioned above (proof) and a birthday celebration for another one of my local good friends.

What I'm dreading:
The more events and trips we have in a month, the more pictures I take. The more pictures I take, the more work it is to keep them organized! It's definitely a task I dread, but I'm always so glad when I stay on top of it. I know I talk about photo organization quite a bit here but it's largely because it motivates me to work on it and keeps me accountable!

What I'm working on:
The aforementioned family photo books, like this:



Related to the previous "dread" question, I'm trying to get the photos from our Spring Break Trip into a Photo Book. I've shared about my tradition of making a family photo book each year (see this post), but with the last two Spring Break trips we've taken there were just so many pictures I decided that big trips need a book of their own.

What I'm excited about:
See below!

What I'm doing this weekend:
Some friends of mine are having a fancy shmancy party this weekend and it's the first time in years I've needed to wear a party dress! Thanks to Carylee's post I remembered I can rent a dress, which is perfect for me since I hate spending a lot on an item I'll only wear once. I don't know if I'll have a chance to take pictures of said dress for the blog but follow along on Snapchat (@ontheDailyX) and I'll try to share what I get.

What I'm watching:

The only TV show I watch anymore is Dancing with the Stars. Wanya and Lindsay are my favorites, but I also really enjoy watching Peta/Nyle and Mark/Paige. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if any of those three end up winning this season.

What I'm reading:

I'm on page 85 of 400 in this book and so far it's interesting but not exactly a page turner. Several people I know who read it said they enjoyed it but didn't love it and it was quite different than the rest of the series, so I'm managing my expectations accordingly!

What I'm listening to:
I generally listen to the radio in the car so I tend to get a little burned out on Top 40. So when I'm at home and I want background music for housework or blogging, I try to switch it up. Caro Emerald (especially her album "Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor") has been my go-to for that lately.

What I'm wearing:
I post my daily outfits (most days) on Instagram, and these were my four most-liked outfits for the month of April (in no particular order).

One:
Top: Nordstrom Rack | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift)

Shop the Pieces:


Two:
Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: ExpressPink Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Express | Booties: Forever 21 (Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch | Watch: c/o Fossil | Ring: Target | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar)

Shop the Pieces:


Three:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sam Edelman | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon
Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift) | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Pieces:



Four:
Tee: Nordstrom Rack | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Necklace: LOFT | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Pieces: 


Front View:
For individual front-view versions of these outfits go here. 

It looks like white jeans, t-shirts and neutrals were a hit this month, although with Instagram you never really know if it's the time of day you post or The Algorithm or The Mysteries of the Universe  that makes one outfit more "liked" than another!

What I'm looking forward to next month
I'm hoping for another visit from an out-of-town friend this month! San Diego is a pretty popular place for vacations and work seminars, etc. so we're lucky to get to see a lot of friends and family that way.

Favorite Mother's Day Gift to Give or Receive?
Normally I collaborate with my siblings to order a flower arrangement or chocolates or Shari's Berries (or any combination of those things!) to have delivered to my mom on Mother's Day since we don't live close. I also like to mail her a personal card separate from the group gift, and a Mother's Day phone call is a must! My mom really loves the personal sentiments the most, and growing up I didn't believe that as much as I do now having kids of my own! Although I will admit I really enjoy going out for a nice Mother's Day brunch!

* * *
That's it for this month's recap! I hope you all had a great month in April and see you back here on Friday for my weekly outfits and fitness recap!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda | Sheaffer | Shay | Mel

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. love reading your recaps, cannot wait to see you in that dress. Question how many white jeans do you have? Random I know

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen those adult lunchables. I need to pick some up for on the go snacks! I also need to try the hairpray! It sounds like it will do wonders to my fine hair! I really need to be better organized and stay on top of my photos too. I love the idea of making photo books!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how your dress turns out!! And I need to start watching Dancing with the Stars again. I used to love it but it's been awhile! I also need to wash every pair of white skinnies that I own so I can wear them a ton! The simple grey tee and cognac peep toes is perfect!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfits! I'm also loving those three couples on DWTS (as well as Antonio since he's a Steeler!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you make photobooks. You'll be so happy with them for years I think. Your party sounds like so much fun! I love an excuse to dress up. Also, totally wish I could have seen that car dance routine. ;)

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Shari's Berries! They have the best champagne chocolate covered strawberries! Yum! I need to check out those Hillshire Farms snacking lunch boxes at Target- wine infused salami? Yum!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Such a fun idea to go over all of this stuff every month :)

    XO
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would wear every single one of your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! That means a lot coming from you! I always enjoy your weekly outfit posts and your cute, casual mom style!

      Delete
  9. Oooooo looking forward to seeing you in a party dress once you do your snaps! I love party dresses but agree that I don't get to wear them often. I should have rented one too for Vegas this weekend! I still have yet to figure out what I'm wearing since it might rain!

    And I love that you're organized with pictures! I need to print out more than you can imagine! Not sure where to begin either. It's daunting. This was definitely a busy month for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not realize the continued the Lisbeth series. Thanks for the heads up!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy these fun wrap ups from you. I too am currently working on a photo book, but it's the 2015 year book--and it's the end of April. I dread doing them, but love having the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to give Spray Clay a try! Sounds like juuuuuust what I'm in the market for. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooho i can't wait to see what dress you get from RTR! I love love love RTR. I got one for Oaks next week, a bachelorette next month and hopefully another event in august. i so rarely get to dress up (no-one invites me to showers or weddings boo) so i really like to go all out when i do. my mum really appreciates the more sentimental type things as well, she gives me a few things to buy her but the hand written card and phone call are her favourite. i unfortunately have to spend the day with my mother in law. lol. those lunchables for adults look yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!