4/7/16

What's New April: T-Shirt Reviews

|
Today I'm joining Gretchen and Kristen for their monthly, "What's New With You" Linkup, and this month I'm doing the T-Shirt Edition of What's New since I have a few purchases in that category that I've been meaning to compare and review.

What's New With You

New T-Shirts

I've been on a mission to build my perfect t-shirt collection for Spring/Summer and have branched out to try a couple of different brands to see how they compare.

1. Madewell vs.  2. Express vs. 3. Express vs. 4. Nordstrom Rack 

Shop the T-Shirts:



1. Madewell

Pros: I like the relaxed fit and the light grey color on this. For reference, I am wearing the same size in all four of these t-shirts (XS).

Cons: This is my least favorite of the group when left untucked (see it here), and it seems to stretch out a little with wear throughout the day. I'm also a little concerned about how it will hold up in the wash, but that remains to be seen since I've only worn it once so far. As one of the pricier options ($19.50) I tend to have higher expectations for those things!

2. Express (Skimming Tee)

Pros: This fabric is my favorite. So soft and comfortable! It's also nice and opaque. It's the most fitted of this group of shirts, but still not tight. The depth of the v-neck is also ideal for me. 

Cons: I guess it would be nice if this had a shirttail hem like the last two t-shirts here, but other than that I don't have any complaints. This is exactly what I want from a fitted (but not tight!) v-neck tee. 

3. Express (Short Sleeve London Tee) - Returned

Pros: Just like the Skimming Tee (#3), this is from the One Eleven Collection so the fabric is sooo soft with a nice amount of stretch and more opaque than Option 4. I also like that it has a shirttail hem and is a little longer than the first two.

Cons: The V neck on this is very deep, so I would have to wear a bralette or cami with it most of the time unless I want to be constantly adjusting my top (which I don't). Also, it's not quite long enough in the front for me to wear it with leggings. It might look that way from the photo but if I move my arms slightly it creeps up in the front. I returned this because I already had Option 4 and except for being more opaque this didn't have any additional styling options (at $5 more) than what I was getting out of the last tee.

4. Nordstrom Rack

Pros: Long enough to wear with leggings! Great relaxed fit and the neckline is just right for me. Skye originally introduced me to these t-shirts (I think she has every color now!) and promised me they wouldn't wrinkle with wear. I was worried when I got this because out of the package, it was wrinkly. But I ironed it before wearing and it held up really well throughout the day with a minimal (normal) amount of minor wrinkling. It's also the cheapest option of the group!

Cons: This is the sheerest t-shirt of the bunch. With the white, you can obviously see the line of my pants underneath, but when I wear it with a leggings and an outer layer, it's not that obvious (example here). It's not sheer enough for me to need a cami (just a nude bra), but if I had to pick one thing to improve, that would be it.

That said, I liked this so much I got it in a few other colors and the sheerness is really only an issue with white:

Shop the Colors:



For me, this t-shirt was the biggest winner of the group (if that wasn't obvious from the fact that I bought four of them) because the price is right and the fit is great. Right after I got mine they sold out in all colors and sizes BUT they just re-stocked a lot of colors and sizes again, so I wouldn't wait too long if you're thinking about trying it or it might sell out again!



Linking up with:
GretchenKristen / Amanda / Tara / ErikaAndreaNarci /JoLynne

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. Must try this NR top I see they have a striped one.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a few longer tees, I'll have to check out this last option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so helpful! I love the length and fit of the tees from N Rack. Great colors! I need to pick some up for summer!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, that madewell one is not cute untucked. i mean, everything is cute on you, but it's weird. especially since, um, the shop is called made well, things should be made well for that price! rude.
    i love my tee from nordstrom rack. i might have ordered more. oops. i got in a wee bit of trouble though so i might have to take them back haha. i just love the length, and the scoop neck. i have navy and tan, and like you said, they aren't see through at all. though i did order white, black, grey and blue and i'd definitely wear a cami under the white (i don't have a nude bra haha). if i keep them that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up with us :) Great reviews! I also need to get some new basic t's soon because mine are all in need of replacements. I'll definitely look out for the nordstrom rack one (we're getting a store right down the street from my house! YAY!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Nordstrom shirt. Finding a shirt that is long enough to wear with leggings and doesn't have a v-neck down to my chest is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this since Im on a mission to love t-shirts again! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think #3 is my fave, I like the length and that it is just a little sheer, but not too sheer like #4 is... I tend to buy more then one when I find a plain white tee that I love!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is surprisingly hard to find a good tee! Thanks for doing the legwork for us. I might need that Nordstrom rack one.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing posts like this! I just got rid of all of my old tees because they were all worn out or didn't fit right. Haven't found anything to replace them yet.

    http://classicsidewalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always amazed at how difficult it is to find the perfect white t-shirt. I will have to try the 1st Express one since it isn't too sheer!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a few NR tee, and find them to be the most comfy and fitting and didn't get all warped when you wash them. Would love for you to stop by my Friday linkup and share your style and stories!

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm constantly on the lookout for the perfect white tee....so going to hop over and try the Express option. Thanks for sharing!

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need some new t-shirts, so I'm going to have to keep an eye on Nordstrom Rack :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm convinced I need to try a few of those tees from nordstrom rack! This is such a good review-- as basic as t-shirts are, it can definitely be tricky to find the perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!