4/12/16

Closet Staples: White Barcelona Cami

|
Today I'm kicking off a new post series on my Closet Staples. These are pieces I've worn close to a dozen times or more, but I've never put all the outfits together into one reference post...until now!

I think my number one, most-worn outfit piece of all time is my White Barcelona Cami. I actually have two of them because I like having a backup! It's such a simple piece but works so well in so many outfits. It's even included in my most-liked outfit of all time on Instagram:

Cami: ExpressSweater: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Booties: Express (Similar) / Bag: Express (Sold Out)

I won't be linking to every piece in the outfits below, but here's a look at a dozen ways I've styled this exact cami:

With Cardigans:

With a Jacket

With Jeans/Pants:

With Shorts:

I don't wear skirts very often but I am surprised that I haven't even tried that combination once! I think I'll challenge myself to try give it a try over the summer.

Bra Suggestions
I often get asked about what kind of bra to wear with this cami. I've been using a basic strapless bra from Target. I wouldn't say I highly recommend it. It's okay (perfectly fine for the $15 price), but I'd like to replace it with something better this summer. If it's not a hot day and I plan to keep my jacket/sweater on at all times, I just wear a regular bra with straps because it's more comfortable and no one has to know. For strapless bra recommendations from a few other bloggers who love this cami see this post and this post.

I am off enjoying Spring Break with my family this week so I may be unable to respond to comments or questions, but I'll be back on Thursday with an outfit compilation post for one of my recent favorite purchases.

And don't forget to enter the Louis Vuitton + iPad Giveaway HERE!




Linking up with:
Lindsey / Amanda / ErikaAndreaNarci /JoLynne / Katie / Megan

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. I have 2 white barcelona cami as well. The best!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly such a versatile piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear my white barcelona came all of the time. It's definitely the perfect layering piece! Love all of your outfit inspiration! Have a wonderful spring break!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice cami. I usually get mine from ON and they are def. more of a wear under something kind of cami. I should invest in a nicer one like this one!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy spring break!! I love seeing all the ways you have worn this piece. It's amazing how versatile a white top can be.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved how the Barcelona cami looks on you and that white one is so crisp and sharp looking. My other favorites are the blue one and there's a stripe on with pink in it. I've gone in and tried them on several times after seeing your posts and they just don't look good on me. I keep hoping that Express will offer tall sizing in its shirts because that tends to be my problem with some of their clothes. But I've always really liked all of your outfits with them. Enjoy your spring break. (And I LOLd about the clerk who said you didn't look like you were from around there).

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good white cami like this is a definite wardrobe must have for me!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love your arms! How do I get those?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the white cami, and also have back ups :) it's just the perfect layering piece. I love this new idea for a series, and may have to create something similar because I wear the same things over and over!
    Hope you're enjoying LA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUCH a staple piece- I finally got one of these and I wear it all the time. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have mostly printed cami and probably need a plain black and white one to add to my closet. These cami are great closet work horse.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that cami. Was just looking at my Boden Catalogue at their silk one, but would rather find something more affordable. ;) Might need to check that one out. xx-S
    www.gaminestripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh i love this series! can't wait to see what else you share. you can't go wrong with a white top!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!