3/28/16

Outfits on the Daily 3/28/16

|
Welcome to an atypical Monday post! I postponed my usual Friday outfit + fitness recap in favor of sharing my personal Sale Favorites roundup, so here it is as promised today, with many of the items I'm wearing below still included in sales going on through today. I also have a short (three question) reader survey for those who are interested in sharing their opinions on fitness content with me, so don't miss that if you have a minute to share your feedback!

Outfit Recap


Tee: Gap / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Steve Madden / Bag: Amazon / Watch: Fossil (Similar) / Bracelets: LOFT (Similar), LOFT (Similar)

Shop the Pieces:



Sweater: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Shoes: Macy's (Similar) / Bag: Amazon / Watch: Fossil (Similar)

Shop the Pieces:



Sweater: Express (Similar) / Cami: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Steve Madden / Bag: Amazon / Ring: Stella & Dot

Shop the Pieces:



Tee: Express / Tank: Target / Short Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott / Long Necklace: Stella & Dot / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar) / Bracelet: LOFT / Watch: Fossil (Similar) / Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) Bag: Danielle Nicole (Red on waitlist, Similar)

Shop the Pieces:


Front View:
Based on some feedback in my last recap post (here) I decided to try something different with the front view photos this week. Normally I don't carry a bag in the front-view photos, but for many of my outfits, the bag works as a part of the outfit rather than just a functional piece, so I started feeling like some outfits looked bare. Now I'm sure that for every one person who likes the change, someone else will not. So depending on feedback I get, this may or may not be a permanent change!
Individual Front View Outfits Here

Fitness Recap

Here's a breakdown of the workouts I've done since my last post:

Saturday: Cardio: Cathe Imax 2 (Segments 6-10) + Abs: Cathe Core Max (Premix 3)
Sunday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday: Legs: Amy Bento Drop Set Strength
Tuesday: Cardio: Cathe Kickmax Combos 1-3 + Abs: Cathe High Reps (Abs only)
Wednesday: Chest, Back, Shoulders: Amy Bento Drop Set Strength
Thursday: Cathe Cardio + Abs: Step Jump Pump
Friday: Biceps, Triceps: Amy Bento Drop Set Strength
Saturday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Sunday: Cardio: Cathe Kickmax Combos 3-4 + Blast Challenge

Shop the Workouts (via some of the tiniest product images ever!):


Notes and Modifications
:
This week I used Amy Bento's Drop Set Strength as the basis for my weight training program. I would highly recommend this DVD for someone who is new to working out at home (at any fitness level from Beginner to Advanced) because it requires very minimal equipment. Just a few sets of dumbbells and a bench. I use the Chapter Menu to train the body parts I want to combine on any given day. This would also be great for a time saving workout as written above because all the weights workouts would be 30 minutes or less. That said, I had about 45 minutes for weights each day so on some days I doubled up some exercises to use up my time. For example on leg day I did the warm up and all of the leg exercises. Then I used the Chapter Menu to go back to the beginning of the Leg Exercises and I did all of them again. I was pretty sore the following day after each workout! But even if you only had time to do each body part section once it would still be a great workout.

As for the cardio, Imax 2 is a classic Cathe step workout with some high impact plyo work to really elevate the heart rate. I can't do all of it as intensely as she does. Kickmax is a kickboxing workout and while it's not as fun as my favorite (Cathe Kick Punch Crunch), I still enjoy it for variety. It has a leg conditioning drill section at the end of the cardio that I rarely use because I already work my legs thoroughly on leg day. It's not enough of a leg workout on its own and I just don't really like to combine legs and cardio that much.

Fitness Content Survey

And speaking of changes, I'm also considering some changes to the Fitness section of my recap posts. I started doing workout recaps back October based on a reader request, and now, five months later, I have made it through my entire DVD library and routine. During that time period, it's been a little tricky for me to gauge whether this section is helpful/interesting/worthwhile to a lot of readers or just a handful. And from here on out, I feel like I'm going to sound like a broken record repeating the same workouts over and over since I really don't change much unless Cathe Friedrich or Amy Bento-Ross come out with new workouts that I add into my rotation.

That said, I created a very brief Fitness Content Survey (closed)It's 1-3 questions long depending on the first yes/no answers you give and should take  no more than 2 minutes total to complete. If you are so inclined and have an opinion about this section of my posts, I would love to hear from you, which will help me decide how to proceed with this section. Even if you always skip the fitness section of my posts but have somehow read this far today, feel free to answer the first question of the survey to let me know you'd prefer I use this time and space on my posts to share more fashion and shopping content as opposed to fitness content.

Take the Survey [CLOSED- Update Coming Soon] 

* * *
I hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend and see you back here on Wednesday!



Linking up with:
Katie / Megan / ErikaAndreaNarci /JoLynne /

CONVERSATION

19 comments:

  1. You have the best necklace collection! I love both of those striped tees! I am definitely interested in your fitness recaps and will take the survey next!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are such great looks. I really like the blue top with the white jeans and I would have never thought to add the bright yellow purse. That's a great combo. I took your survey. I really have enjoyed the fitness recaps for the inspiration and the reviews. You've made a difference in how I've approached fitness and I appreciate the time you put into it. If you do think you've said all that you have to say, it's understandable to want to move on. I wouldn't mind seeing an occasional fitness/healthy lifestyle-related post though because you really seem to have a good understanding of fitness. But anything you post is good. Just keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow bag in that one outfit. I just started noticing the lack of yellow in my closet. Love these recaps as always.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the one where you used that yellow bag to put in a punch of color - Hope you had a lovely Easter!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know I always enjoy your fitness recaps! I find it very motivating. But - you should do what you think best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment and your input as always, Margaret! I will post the results of the survey either this Friday or next so you'll at least know what I decide to do and why! I'm personally simultaneously torn and indifferent on the issue so the specific feedback will be very helpful.

      Delete
  6. My favorite outfit is the one with the blue cami and yellow bag. I do really like the bags in the front view photos. I was also curious on your top view photos, do you take the photo just by holding your phone up, or do you have a selfie stick or some sort of device you use? I've always wondered, because they turn out so great! Sorry if that is a weird question! Lol!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, not a weird question! I don't use a selfie stick, just my regular arm. It doesn't have to extend above my head, it's only about face height. You can read all my tips and tricks in This Post

      Delete
  7. Ooh I'm loving the bags in the front view pics - as a bag lover, it's nice seeing how they look straight on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gap tee looks great on you! I'm glad you got it! And now you're making me want to wear it today! <3 I like seeing the bags with the photos! I don't think you necessarily need to do it for every single outfit, but it's nice every once in awhile! Especially, as you said, when it's providing more than just function!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh i love the handbags in the outfit pictures!! i love seeing what colours work with what, especially like you said because it's part of your outfit, not just a functional piece. my handbag is normally always just functional, but i still like to see, in case i ever want to change colours, what will go with what. i also love seeing all of your necklaces, i only have long ones but i don't feel like they go with everything so i have been wanting to branch out on shorter ones. but anyway. that was pointless. haha.
    i love reading your fitness things, even if i don't do anything like that or use those dvds, it's definitely motivating and whatnot. but whatever you decide. love that gap tee on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did some shopping at Express - and my items are on there way - can't wait! Thanks for the sale alert. Your second look with the leopard booties is my favorite. Happy Tuesday, Gina!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfits as usual, especially paired with your bags! I really think you should include them because as a handbag girl, it helps me see the full look and it adds a little spice! Plus, you are the queen of booties! You wear them so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first look is my fave -- love that striped top! Love the bag and necklace too -- so fun!

    xx
    Jen
    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can we talk about how much I love your necklace collection?! Also loving all the fun pops of color <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great roundup! Love all of these looks! #2 is my favorite!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love your outfits. They are always styled to perfection. xo~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gina! You know I love seeing your bags in your photos. I'm a bag girl! Have a great day!

    Missy D.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only thing I love more than a good cardigan is a good stripe - loving all of your choices!!

    Emma | www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!