3/22/16

Aries Style featuring Candace Cameron Bure

|
Today's post marks the beginning of my third year of Astrology Style posts! In my first year I focused on character traits of each sign, in my second year I looked at signature style elements, and this year to switch it up again I'm planning to do a style spotlight for one celebrity whose birthday falls under that sign.

That brings me to the Aries woman I'm spotlighting this month: Candace Cameron Bure (April 6, 1976). Candace is having a big year this year with her new show Fuller House on Netflix and her 40th birthday on April 6! In terms of style Candace has a knack for stepping out in very cute and very realistic, wearable outfits.
Image Sources: Fanpop / Celebrity StyleGetty Images / Twit Pic

In my Seattle vs. San Diego post (here), I had a comment that my outfits reminded someone of Candace's outfits on Fuller House. I'm not subscribed to Netflix so I actually haven't seen any episodes of that show! I tried to pull up some stills online and didn't have a lot of luck, but from what I've seen of her outfits in general I'll take that as a compliment. And based on some of our past similar outfits I can certainly see the similarity:
Sources for Photos of Candace: Contact Music / Book VIP.net

My Outfit Details:

ONE:



Top: Express / Necklace: Nordstrom (Similar) / Shorts: J Crew Factory / Belt: Target (Old) / Shoes: Marc Fisher Camron /  Bracelets: Express (Similar)

TWO:


Top: Express (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Bracelet: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Sole Society

As you all know I'm not the biggest fan of wearing dresses or rompers, but I will say Candace looks great in them and makes me want to reconsider! I really love the way she wears them for dressy, casual and everything in between:

I've been warming up to dresses just a little bit this year since I tried this Ruched Racerback Dress:
Black and Blue Version: Express / Grey Fringe Version: Express

They also make this dress in pink and white, both of which are really tempting options! Right now I think I'm set with the three colors I have, but I can see myself justifying another color option (or two...) for summer. I sometimes get asked about what type of bra to wear with this dress, and personally I just use a basic racerback bra. I also took my normal size for tops and skirts in this and while it's a little roomy in the chest and snug in the hips, the fit still works out fine.

* * *

It's kind of funny that something I intended to do as a one-time, just-out-of-curiosity post has become my longest-running series! If you missed my previous posts with more detail on Aries Style, be sure to check out this one and this one, or to find more info on your own sign go to the Astrology section under Categories in my menu bar up top!



Linking up with:
LisaJill, AngelaLindsey / Amanda / ErikaAndreaNarci /JoLynne

CONVERSATION

25 comments:

  1. She's turning 40 wow she looks so good. That dress is roomier at the chest indeed, not I need to turn you on rompers, they are so awesome to wear until you have to use the restroom lol.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last point is EXACTLY what keeps me from buying a romper!

      Delete
  2. Oh she is so cute and I do see the similarity between her Fuller House style and yours. You both look good in dresses, but you have to wear what makes you feel the most comfortable. I haven't watched Fuller House even though I do admit I remember watching the original show. I was excited to see who you were going to use for this post (I'm an Aries) and this did not disappoint. She has great style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I was a huge fan of the original show! I kind of feel like I might not be too into the concept this time around, so I'd rather just look at the outfits than watch the actual show! Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  3. I have always loved her and she is only 1 year older then me. I never realized this, but I guess you don't wear a lot of dresses! Candace has great style, similar to my taste and she is just adorable. Thanks for sharing this!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to see people in our own age bracket, isn't it? And yes, I tend to avoid dresses but am slowly learning they aren't so bad!

      Delete
  4. Hey, just found your blog and loving this series. I wear dressed or skirts 90% of the time but am not a fan of rompers. I think some people can pull them off but for majority they're is just a tricky. I'm an hourglass and busty and thinking rompers are for people with less curves than me.

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me and thank you for the nice comments! I don't even wear rompers because they do seem like a hassle and you're right, I do think they're hard to pull off for many body types!

      Delete
  5. She has super cute style!! I don't have a Netflix account so I haven't watched any episodes of Fuller House yet either :(
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so cute! I love that she has a bit of a curvy body, so that helps me visualize pieces on myself! I actually have Netflix, but have yet to see fuller house! I'll have to binge watch one rainy weekend ( if that happens ).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I alternate between Gossip Girl and Fuller House when I work out. (I'm deep, I know.) I can definitely see similarities to your styles - I've been enjoying her outfits on the show a lot! She's so fun and looks fabulous at 40!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun person to feature. I loved that show. I watched the first Fuller House and talk about a throwback! She looks amazing.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Candace's everyday style! Everything looks great on her!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe she's turning 40! She has a youthful and elegant style! Love those ruched dresses from Express on you, you look great in dresses!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES I love Candace! And I also really like how you change up your astro guide every year. Keeping it interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina! I love this post. Great pics and fantastic inspiration! Wowzas! Would love to link up with you one day!! Thanks for the inspiration.
    xx-Shannon
    www.gaminestripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, she is so chic even casual! She just looks so stinking cute and I love your take on all of the outfits, especially the black and white outfits. I always love how you seem to seamlessly recreate outfits.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never noticed her personal style thanks for highlighting it :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. She has great style and is so chic! She can really rock a romper but I'm not the biggest fan of them either. I really like your take on her outfits also!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on the start of your 3rd year doing this series!! you so fancy. congrats!

    i am not a fan of candace cameron as a person... wow, that sounds awful doesn't it.. but i've never paid attention to her style before. and now i like her a teensy bit more because dang. she's super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features.
    fitness clothes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree, super cute and modern Mom. Would love to know where that plaid shirtdress comes from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried searching for the dress maker but to no avail! Sorry, wish I could be of more help on that piece!

      Delete
  19. I agree, super cute and a modern Mom. I would love to know where that plaid shirtdress comes from.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!