2/23/16

Pisces Style 2/23/16

|
Pisces Season kicked off on Friday (it runs February 19 - March 20) so I'm back with another installment of my Astrology Style Series! Every month I examine the style traits of celebrities who fall under the sign of the month to see what they have in common and what outfit ideas I can get from them.

For some signs there's a certain color that they love (like Scorpios and red or Geminis and black). Other signs seem to have a signature item, and that's exactly the case with Pisces. Whether in their 20s, 30s, 40s or 50s Pisces women all seem to love a good graphic tee:
Dakota Fanning: February 23, 1994 (22) / Jessica Biel: March 3, 1982 (34) /Rashida Jones: February 25, 1976 (Happy 40th!) / Cindy Crawford: February 20, 1966 (Happy 50th!)

I'm naming Olivia Wilde (March 10, 1984 - turning 32 this year) the President of Pisces Style. Graphic Tees are her signature item and she loves to dress them up and down:

This month the signature piece of the sign presents a little bit of a problem for me in re-creating their style because believe it or not, I don't own a single graphic tee. I tend to use necklaces as my "statement" rather than words or images on the tee, and I noticed these ladies didn't add much jewelry to their graphic tee looks at all. They let the t-shirt speak for itself.

That said, I did find myself drawn to a lot of Cindy Crawford's casual looks because she frequently wears one of my favorite combos, the t-shirt, jeans, and moto jacket:

I've worn quite a few similar tee and jacket combinations, with a similar variety of shoe choices:

Outfit One:
Jacket: Nordstrom (Similar) / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Sandals: Nordstrom

Outfit Two:
Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar)/ Jeans: BlankNYC (Similar) / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar for $11!)

Outfit Three:
Jacket: Express / Tee: Express (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Express (Similar) / Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott

Outfit Four:
Jacket: Express (Similar) / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar)

Shop the Pieces:





It's hard for me to believe, but this post marks the completion of my second full year of covering Astrology Style! If you missed anything in this series (especially your own sign) along the way you can check out the past posts via the links below!

Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra / 

And I'll be back tomorrow with a bonus post for the last Wednesday of the month!


Linking up with:
Lindsey / Amanda / Tara / Lisa

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. My sister is a Pisces and this really doesn't fit her style. I'm shocked how many by all the graphic tee Olivia wears, crazy! I do love Cindy's style the most.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your astrology posts are one of my favorites! Love Cindy Crawford's easy laid back style! A tee and jacket is the perfect combo for an everyday look!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun series. I love Cindy Crawford's style and never realized how much she also wears moto jackets before. Maybe I could pull one off. I'd consider it if that Express pink one was still in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny, I am a pisces and I don't own a graphic tee. I do love a good tee and moto jacket/blazer though! I always think your research on this is so interesting.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Pisces style! I do love a good graphic tee, maybe I'm a Capricorn with Pisces tendencies, haha.

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to wear tees and jackets more, it is such a simple outfit yet looks so nice! I have several nice jackets too! This post has def. given me some inspiration :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is this series?! I can't believe you don't own a graphic tee...truth be told I bought my first one last year, and now own a few, I sort of love them, sort of adds some interest in your outfit. Love the Moto Jacket, I think I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be a hard one for me to recreate also since I don't own any graphic tees either. Olivia makes them look so good though!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy Crawford is kind of my style, too. I was on a big moto/biker jacket kick a year ago - and I have kind of backed off - not sure why - because I love the look. I have yet to get comfortable wearing a graphic tee - my husband gives me a hard time because I buy them, and then I never wear them. Great round-up as usual.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wearing Tee with jackets , blazer and cardigans! It's such an simple comfy yet chic look.
    Love all your outfits. You always nail it!
    Xx, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two years of your series is a great commitment! I've always loved these because I can find something in each sign that I can incorporate into my own style. I'm not big on graphic tees for day, but I wear them to bed at night! I also wear them while working out. They are so fun! They definitely can put you in a good mood if you're wearing the right one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love this series! This probably the least my style because I maybe own one graphic t-shirt but I can definitely get behind a plain tee and a leather jacket combo!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. cindy crawford is just flawless. i also love oliva wilde's style, but it's not something i could pull off myself. i own a couple of graphic tees, but they are more for like super casual outfits, i would never wear them when i was trying to like, make an effort, you know? we can't all be olivia wilde lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe it's already been two years!! That's crazy town! But happy anniversary to this series! It's a good one! I also cannot believe that Cindy Crawford is 50, but that gives me hope! Ha! Cindy's style is very classic - it's interesting seeing it next to Olivia's style, which is a bit funkier.
    Also - one of these days you need to do a behind the scenes on one of these astrology style posts. I imagine it takes quite a lot of research and time, and you always make it very fluid!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love reading these posts! I am most drawn to Cindy's style.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!