2/5/16

Outfits on the Daily 2/5/16

|
Happy Pre-Super Bowl Friday! With no Seahawks in the Super Bowl this year I won't be as invested as I was the last couple of years. But I still plan to watch it with some friends this weekend, even if I  pay more attention to the commercials and Halftime show than I do the game! And speaking of show, I'll get the show on the road here with my outfit and fitness recap plus some shopping and Express chit chat.

Outfit Recap:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: J Crew (Gift) / Jeans: Express / Booties: Express (Similar) / Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift, Similar) / Bag: Amazon (Colors Vary)

Sweater: Target (sizing was same as Express for me) / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society / Long Pendant: Express / Short Pendant: c/o Kendra Scott / Ring: Kendra Scott (colors vary) / Bag: Amazon

Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express (Gift, Similar) / Shoes: Sole Society (Same style, similar color) / Ring: Target / Bag: Amazon (color selection varies)

Sweater: Nordstrom (Similar) / Necklace: Express (Gift, Similar) / Tank: Target / Bracelet: LOFT (Similar) / Jeans: Vigoss / Booties: Express (Similar) / Bag: Amazon

Front View:
For individual versions of the front view outfits go Here or Here (this week is split between January and February).

Fitness Recap:
Here's a look at the workouts I've done this week, based around Cathe's STS Meso 3 weight training.

Saturday: Cardio: Turbo Fire 45 + Abs: Firm Ultimate Calorie Blaster
Sunday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday: Legs: STS Meso 3 Week 3 Plyo Legs
Tuesday: Abs: Stability Ball Work (no DVD) + Cathe Cardio Fusion "Mixed Cardio" Premix
Wednesday: Shoulders, Bis, Tris: STS Meso 3 Week 3
Thursday: MTV Power Yoga
 Friday: Chest and Back: STS Meso 3 Week 3

Notes and Modifications: 
I made the same modifications to the upper body work as I mentioned in Week One of this Phase. Also, after this week I think my Firm Ultimate Calorie Blaster DVD is headed for the retirement center. The Firm DVDs were great for me when I was getting back in shape postpartum and when demanding babies meant I could only workout 3-4 days per week. They combine weights and cardio, which is a great time saver but not heavy/intense enough weight training for me in the long run. This is the last DVD I kept because I liked the ab work, but this time when I was finished I ended up adding a few more exercises on my own because it just didn't feel like I had worked hard enough.

People Can Change:
All of my blog and Insta friends have been having a blast laughing at me and saying, "I told you so!!" since I first posted an outfit (here) with this ruched racerback dress (since I have been historically anti-dresses). I had a question about how short it is, so for comparison, here is the length on me (5'4") vs. the model (judging by this I would guess she's probably 5'9" or 5'10"). It's quite a bit shorter on her than me. It does ride up a little bit with wear, but not bad at all. And just in case anyone wondered, it coopersates easily with a racerback style bra.

I have to give credit to Rachelle for insisting I try this particular dress in the first place. She also enabled me to use my Express Next Birthday reward towards some of the other color options:

The grey one has fringe that I didn't necessarily want, but Rachelle scoped it out in person and said it's subtle so I'm going for it because I love the color and possible styling options. And yes, I'm also really loving strappy bralettes, too. They are the perfect thing to wear under London Tees for a little extra coverage and a fun detail:


Tee: Express / Bralette: Express (In-Store Only, Similar) / Jeans: Vigoss / Booties: Express (Similar) / Bag: Amazon / Necklace: Kohl's (gift) / Ring: Stella & Dot (gift) / Bracelet: LOFT

Shannon on Insta asked me if the bralettes are supportive. My opinion is that they're light-medium support. My guess is that A-C cups will have the best luck with these. Beyond that size you may not find them supportive enough, but you could always wear them over your regular bra and still get the same strappy effect with the top.

Comfy Jackets:
It's no secret that I love jackets, and super comfy jackets that feel like a hoodie are the best. I have two from Express that I love and have worn many times:

They're both less than a year old, but they sold out rather quickly. However, Express just added a new option in this style, and it looks kind of like my black jacket and grey jacket got together and had a baby:

As much as I love this style I'm convincing myself that I don't need the third/new option since I wouldn't be able to style it in any way that I can't do with my current two options. But I just wanted to share in case any of you missed the boat with the first two versions!

* * *
Thanks again for stopping by today and for your continued support! I'll be back on Tuesday with a little virtual Valentine fun my way so I hope you'll stop by and check it out. Have a great weekend!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne / Katie / Lindsey / Amanda /

CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. Loved this recap :) you have the perfect figure for dresses, now I just need to find more that you will like. You look AMAZING in that dress and I ended up keeping the blue, I love the color so much and they are perfect. Sorry if I was a little pushy lol, but I really don't feel bad because you look good in it.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finally joining the dress bandwagon! And I love that one on you. I'm not sure how ruching will look on me, but I might have to check that one out! Also love how the bralettes work with that shirt..subtle with a hint of sexy. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to watch the super bowl even do my team it's out. :D
    Amazing post as always Gina!
    You look super good in Jeans, Anything. Loving all these comfy jackets.
    Happy Friday, beautiful!
    Xx, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to watch the super bowl even do my team it's out. :D
    Amazing post as always Gina!
    You look super good in Jeans, Anything. Loving all these comfy jackets.
    Happy Friday, beautiful!
    Xx, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those comfy jackets are so cute and stylish! I'm glad there is a similar option! I'll have to go check them out! Have a great weekend!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, now you've totally convinced me to pick up a strappy bralette. So fun and cute on you! Also, you look awesome in that dress and I love how versatile it is. I'm a total dress person...welcome to the dark side :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to the Superbowl commercials! That bralette is so cute under your black top! I'm also loving the outfit with the burgundy sweater! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your outfits this week! Enjoy the Super Bowl - my favorite Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the military jacket with white denim! One of my fave looks!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your jacket collection is so good and love the new one they just added...I'm sure you're tempted! I've been wanting the bralette, thanks for posting a pic, it's adds such a cute detail.

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress does look great on you and the white would be amazing on you this summer. I noticed you have Turbo Fire. I got that a long time ago, I think after my son was born. I liked it, but only do the two 45 minute ones or the 55 minute one. They're fun for something different, but I can't imagine doing it all the time over and over like the little schedule said. I also don't like the resistance training for that one--isn't it bands or something? Wearing the bralette under a low front blouse was genius. Have a good weekend. Don't we all just watch for the commercials?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so cute. But. THAT DRESS. Wowza! :) You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dress looks amazing on you, I am glad you took a chance on it!!


    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okkk so I am going to need that LBD! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. This recap rocks! Thanks for sharing and be sure to check out my latest feature!

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/02/05/1098/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing you in the dress and bralette. It's fun mixing it up sometimes. I also love your usual though. I cannot get over how much I like those distressed jeans. I was totally watching the super bowl for the commercials and half time show. I love college football, but I am not as big into pro.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress looks FAB on you. I also really love the bralette and tee! SO many cute looks!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  18. all the things! i still haven't tried that dress on but i am going to. i have a feeling it will be too short (or rather, i won't be comfortable with the length even though it might seem fine, so basically yeah, too short) but i want to try it anyway. it looks fabulous on you. also, love the jacket your jackets had for a baby. did that make sense? anyway, it's cute. i really want a black jacket like the gap one. feels like a hoodie, but doesn't look it lol. hope your superbowl was enjoyable even with the clogging snafu lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blush handbag! darling outfits!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is made for you. I bought that sweater from Target too but I think it looks better on you. It's too short on me. Hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am "silent" Patriots fan - so not as invested in the Superbowl this year, either. Your second look made me think of my outfit collage - and your re-creation because I am wearing my leopard boots, off-white sweater and black jeans today.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great recap of outfit! Simply beautiful and comfy :)
    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!