2/26/16

Outfits on the Daily 2/26/16

|
Happy Friday! It's been an unusually fun and busy week here with a visit from a good friend from out-of-town and tickets to a show last night. I'm starting to think the weekend might be kind of a letdown in comparison! But I will take the fun days whenever they happen...it's a good problem to have. I don't think my outfits or workouts really reflect the difference in my activities this week but here's a recap of those things regardless!

Outfit Recap:

Top: Express / Tank: Target (Maternity for length) / Leggings: Express / Boots: Amazon / Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift, length adjusted) / Bag: AmazonNails: Essie "Bahama Mama" / Watch: Fossil (Similar) / Bracelet: Sage K & Co

Shop the Pieces:



Jacket: Maurice's / Tee: Express / Bralette: Forever 21 / Jeans: Express / Boots: Amazon / Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going"

Shop the Pieces:



Jacket: Maurice's (Code 30SURV216 for 30% off one item) / Cami: Express (Reverse Side of Purple Cami) / Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (One size left, Similar) / Bag: Exact Style (Same Brand option with Pink in stock)

Shop the Pieces:



Dress: ExpressSweater: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Shoes: Steve Madden / Bag: Aldo (Similar) / Ring: Target

Shop the Pieces:


Front View:
For Individual Front-View photos go here

Fitness Recap:
This week I planned my workouts around the weight training in Cathe's 4-Day Split DVD. I prefer a three-day weight training program, so I used the Chapter Menu on the DVDs to adjust the program to my liking:
Image via Cathe.com

Saturday: Cardio Kickboxing (Local Studio)
Sunday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday: Legs: Cathe 4-Day Split + STS Meso 1 Bonus Leg Work
Tuesday: Power Yoga 4 Happiness 2: Twisted Sister Premix
Wednesday: Chest, Back, Shoulders from Cathe 4-Day Split
Thursday:  Abs, Cardio; Cathe 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (on an 8" step)
Friday: Biceps, Triceps from Cathe 4-Day Split

Notes and Modifications:
As noted above, I adjusted the weights in this to a 3-Day split by adding Shoulders to the Chest and Back workout. This series is a 2-disc set and luckily those body parts are all on one disc so it's pretty easy to skip around. I skipped the calf work entirely because I feel like my calves get plenty of work with everything else I do. Finally, the leg work in this series is only 30 minutes so I added in just a little extra from another DVD to feel like I had really gotten a full leg workout.

* * *
Just a short and sweet post again today! Anytime I have three posts in one week I feel like I've said everything I need to say by Friday. I'm hoping to have three posts next week as well (Monday/Thursday/Friday) because there are a couple of linkups I want to join with fun topics so I'm going to try to make that happen Plus, Monday is February 29 and I only get the chance to post on that day once every four years. So the nerdy side of me hates to miss that chance!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne / Lindsey / Katie / Megan

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. you are so funny can wait to see what you have planned for the 29th. I love all your outfit but of course I prefer the dress because it look sooooo good on you. Have a great weekend!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that Monday was a day off! It seems like it should be a big deal since it doesn't happy every year, so it should be a celebration and a holiday. Unfortunately, I have to turn in my annual goals to my boss that day so I don't think I'll be getting it off. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That striped tee is so cute and I love that bralette peaking out of the white top! You still got your workouts in with a busy week! I need a new workout DVD and really need to check out the 4 Day Split. Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great looks, Gina! I am so happy you shared those Steve Madden open toe sandals - I bought them last year and the size didn't work and they were sold out in the size I needed, and now they have my size again! Hope you have a good weekend.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss the navy dress post?!! You look ah-mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet! So fun to "see" you on here! It's like you crossed universes from IG to blogs! Does this mean you are thinking about starting one? :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the blue dress with the white cardigan and those shoes! Stopping over from the link up and your blog is so cute! Hope you check out mine as well =0) Have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love all of these outfits. You have some great white tops for layering and I just adore that Stella & Dot necklace (I love all of their stuff, tho!). I think my SIL works out to Cathe. And, you made me laugh when you said the nerdy side of you has to post on Feb. 29th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am giving myself props today because the shoes in three of your four outfits this week were inspired purchases from me and that's a big compliment from so thank you! Glad you are having a fun week! My March will be more fun than my February was so I hope my mood can catch up to yours!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. All great different looks!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit recaps, you really do take the perfect outfit selfie. And that white crisscross top, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love every single outfit! I mean I always do, but these are especially up my alley! I'm so happy you made the legend pendant work for you. I still want one for myself! And yay for spending time with a friend. There's nothing better :) Happy Friday Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you adjust the length on the beautiful Stella & Dot necklace? I had looked at it on their website but thought it was too short. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! So for me, the Legend Pendant from S&D was slightly too long. It was coming down to where the fabric of my shirt meets my skin and sitting somewhere in the middle of that, so it ended up falling under my shirt and being hidden. I decided to shorten it, and I will say it was pretty challenging because the links are teeny tiny so it took a lot of patience. I do this fairly often with pliers and wire cutters and I tried to explain how in This Post. That said, if you want to lengthen it to a regular pendant length that would be MUCH easier. You can just buy a necklace extender like
      THIS. I would have done that except that I already felt I had a lot of pendants and wanted a short necklace option so that's why I went my route, but based on how tricky it was to get the links back together I think lengthening it is a smarter, safer choice! Hope that post helps explain a little better but let me know if you have further questions!

      Delete
  13. I love to see you in dresses, you should totally wear them more! Glad you had such a fun week..hope your weekend is just as incredible.

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. In love with all these outfits! And your shoes are gorgeous.
    Happy week ahead!
    Xx, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving on those white skinny jeans and the edgy necklace combo! And you reminded me..desperately need to do my nails ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. definitely a good problem to have! i remember you sharing the show on snapchat, but my memory escapes me and i can't remember what you saw and if you liked it. love the dress + cardi look, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!