2/19/16

Outfits on the Daily 2/19/16

|
Happy Friday! I normally try to start off my Friday posts with a little chit chat about life, current events or even the weather but today...I've got nothin'. This is kind of a blah time of year for me, but I still get dressed and I still work out so I can at least share what I've been doing in those areas!

Outfit Recap:
Top: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) / Short Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott / Long Necklace: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: LOFT (Similar) / Watch: c/o Fossil / Bag: Amazon / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going"

Shop the Pieces:



Sweater: Express (Similar)/ Top: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Steve Madden / Ring: c/o Kendra ScottBag: Danielle Nicole

Shop the Pieces:


Top: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Jessica Simpson (Similar) / Necklace: CCO (Gift, Similar) / Watch: Fossil (Similar) / Bracelet: LOFT / Bag: Amazon

Shop the Pieces:


Dress: Express / Jacket: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Sandals: Sam Edelman (Similar) / Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift, Similar) / Bag: Amazon

Shop the Pieces:


Front View:
For individual front-view photos go Here.

Fitness Recap:
Here's a look at the workouts I did this week based around the weight training in this DVD:

Saturday: Cardio Kickboxing (Local Studio)
Sunday: Cardio + Abs: Amy Bento All Cardio Hi Lo Knockout  (Section 1-2) + Abs Section
Monday: Legs Amy Bento All Pump Xtreme
Tuesday: Cardio: Amy Bento All Cardio Hi Lo Knockout (Section 3-4) + Abs: All Pump Xtreme
Wednesday: Chest, Shoulders, Tris: Amy Bento All Pump Xtreme (via Chapter Menu)
Thursday: Power Yoga for Happiness: Daily Dose of Bliss Premix
Friday: Back & Biceps: Amy Bento All Pump Xtreme (via Chapter Menu)

Notes and Modifications:
This week I did a lot of modifications to the weight training exercises in the DVD I chose. If I listed them all, it might make you wonder why I even bother with the DVD. But despite all the minor changes, I like Amy's "company" in the morning and find her motivating during my workout. Also, I'm always working the same targeted muscle group as Amy with the same number of reps and sets. I just don't care for a lot of the exercises exactly as she does them.

For example in the legs section:
Amy does squats holding a body bar over her head. I do them holding dumbbells at my sides.
Amy does hack squats. I do plie squats.
Amy does hamstring curls with resistance tubing and a body bar. I do hamstring roll-ins on a stability ball (like this).

It's probably not worth listing every single substitution I make, but it's still a great workout and I don't mind modifying to suit my preferences.

Recent Purchases:
This week I ordered a couple of items on clearance at Nordstrom that I can't wait to receive. I wanted to post them and share now because with Sale/Clearance items I've found that by the time I get them, wear them in an outfit, and post a picture here or Instagram, a lot of the sizes (if not all) are sold out.
Stripe Tee ($11) and Leopard Sandals ($36)

Stripe Tee:  I don't have a long sleeve black tee with white stripes, but after seeing how Carylee, Erin and Skye wore theirs (especially since they styled them with exact or very similar pieces to what I own), I couldn't pass this up at this price. 

Leopard Sandals: I have a pair of leopard wedge sandals (below) that I love and wear often in the Spring and Summer. I've often wished for a slightly dressier version for evening but never found one with a reasonable (i.e. not-too-high) heel and reasonable price until these went on sale! These also come in a lot of other fun colors but I'm trying to limit myself to leopard since I know I can work that into my wardrobe easily based on my other shoes.

These are the Sam Edelman Sutton wedges (one size left here) that inspired my shoe purchase, and I can easily wear them with the same outfits for a dressier or look or swap the shorts for pants on cooler nights:

Outfit One:
Top: Express / Necklace: Express / Shorts: J. Crew Factory (On Sale! Under $20) 

Outfit Two:
Top: Express / Necklace: Old Navy (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Belt: GAP

Outfit Three:
Top: Express (Similar)/ Shorts: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Express (Similar)

Shop the Pieces:




I always worry a little when I blog about something before I actually own it that it won't work out or that the quality or sizing won't be what I hope and that I've put someone out if they order the same thing. But at least Nordstrom has free shipping and returns so if it doesn't work out I feel slightly less guilty! 

I'm still waiting on my Express Presidents' Day Sale orders as well! I'm sure the weekend will fly by so at least I should have a good mail week to look forward to next week if nothing else! 


Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne / Katie / Megan

CONVERSATION

27 comments:

  1. I was hoping he sutton wedge was in my size :)but so happy you got this leopard sandals because I have a similar pair and we will be twinning :) I should be getting my express order today so I'm excited about that. Sorry to hear it's blah this time of year for you, but you sure always look fabulous.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Maybe I should have used a word other than blah! There's nothing bad...maybe I should say it feels like auto-pilot mode.

      Delete
  2. Of course I love both of the outfits with the pops of bright pink! I'm dreaming of summer weather and those leopard sandals are so cute and a steal! Have a great weekend Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute looks! I'm in love with your striped Express top. I also have the striped top from Nordstrom and love it. You're getting to get tons of wear out of it!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. The striped portofino just never gets old to me! And I really like the way that dress looks on you! Maybe when I'm a little farther along on my fitness jersey, I can wear form fitting dresses again and not feel self conscious! Goals!!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the striped portofino with the pink shoe! I always think that grey denim looks so good on you too. Sometimes I have nothing to write either. Life either just feels happily boring and normal or overly personal. Ha! Have a great weekend!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these gorgeous outfits! So much color! Happy Weekend!
    xoxo,Victoria
    www.coffeeandablonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get dressed, you work out, and you somehow make a great blog post about it. So you got the dress in grey! It looks great on you and I'm still anticipating seeing the white one this summer. Those leopard sandals are gorgeous and you can't go wrong with them. Good for you for doing the hamstring modifications on the ball. Anything like that on the ball is so much harder. On another note, are you going to get Cathe's new ICE series? By the way, I'm still thinking about your question on my current job and I've got an idea of how to do that, but it's just taking a little time. I am going to do it though. Thanks for the idea and have a great weekend of working out and wearing clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you share your recent purchases and the thought behind them. I'm trying to be more mindful of what I add to my wardrobe, and these thought processes are helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you find it helpful, Elizabeth! It's something I'm working on too. :)

      Delete
  9. And, I thought I worked out a lot... I work out generally 5 days a week, kudos to you for everyday! It looks like you really mix it up a lot. I run 3 days and 2 days I do Jillian's 30 Day Thred. I really love your nails in the first photo (actually, they always look great) and that burgundy purse is from Amazon?!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, now I"m off to try and get both of those items..you fuel my shopping habit lady...again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore that grey dress, but I really love how you brought in a pop of color with those pink pumps in the striped shirt outfit! So cute and a perfect way to brighten the outfit. I always forget that things don't need to be matchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! Adding contrasting colors is something that didn't come naturally to me. It's just a habit I've adopted thanks to studying outfit details from Pinterest and blogs! But now I'm hooked and do it without thinking most of the time!

      Delete
  12. you have the cutest legs! so cute in jeans or a dress! hehe cute looks!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so jealous of the sandals! We had 60F yesterday but I would have gotten some stink eye if I wore sandals. We still have a little bit of snow too. I hope those leopard sandals work for you. I still like my heels, but as I get older, lower heels work best for me. And that gray dress looks fabulous of you (of course!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! And I agree about the lower heels. I just know I'll get more use out of them (and be more comfortable in them) than if I go for 4" heels. Plus I don't want to set myself up for a ton of back pain and foot issues later in life!

      Delete
  14. Amazing looks!
    Have a nice evening!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Obsessed with all these gorgeous outfits.
    Have a lovely week ahead.
    Xx, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love every outfit you've shared here, Gina! The colors and prints are so beautiful and I adore your studded purses! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have an amazing day and start to your week, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your outfits! Your style is really very classy! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously love the pink and grey and the stripes. You look fabulous as always. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  19. i had never even heard of hack squats before! i do quite like plie squats. love that striped top from nordstrom!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woah! I'm impressed with that workout schedule! And here I am making excuses to not see my trainer once a week (shameful, I know). And I'm seriously considering getting your wine-colored bag. I'm surprised it's so affordable!

    - Liz @ Downtown Demure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!