2/29/16

Male Approval

|
Happy Leap Year! I couldn't resist posting today for no other reason than the fact that I won't have another chance to get this date in my blog archives for four more years! That probably sounds strange, but February 29 is an unusual day, so it works. That said, I'm joining  Erika and Andrea  for their monthly, "Let's Talk" and today their topic today is men! I decided to share a few of my Male Approved outfits.

My Top Three Men's Outfits...for Women:
First up, I/m recapping my top three male-inspired outfits. In this case I call it Male Approved because I figure if a man wore it first, his approval is implied.

One: 
My all time favorite Male Approved outfit is probably this pink jacket combo inspired by Bruno Mars in Uptown Funk (first posted here):
Jacket: Express (Similar) / Cami: Express / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Express (Similar)

Shop the Pieces:




Two: 
Let's be real. The list of things I have in common with Jay Z is short. In fact, it might be limited to this one outfit. However, a white tee, moto jacket and jeans is one of Jay Z's signature looks and it's also one of mine! I first posted about this here, and recently I wore this same combo with slightly different shoes. But Jay Z changes his shoes for this combo too so that's two things we have in common!
Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Amazon

Shop the Pieces:



Three:

Third place was a tough choice for me because I was left to choose between Ryan Gosling, Joe Manganiello, and David Beckham. (Tough choices, right?). Ultimately I had to hand it to Ryan Gosling because I've worn his outfit twice now, with just slight variations, so I felt my repeat use  solidified its  place on my list:
Jacket: Express (Similar) / Tee: Express (Similar) / Cami: Express / Multi-Chain Necklace: Express / Gold Bar Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Boots: Express / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

Shop the Pieces:



Real Life Male Approval:
For most of my life, I've lived in male-dominated homes. I grew up with five brothers, and now I have my own family of my husband and two sons. All that male influence has played some role in my outfit choices past and present. If we're talking present day, the influence is most noticeable on weekends when I'm with my husband and boys full-time. It's safe to say that none of their favorite activities involve something where I'm wearing high heels! Sneakers of any kind have never been my favorite shoes to wear unless I'm actually working out, but they're the most practical choice at times and I've found a few pair I don't mind that get 100% male family member approval:
Outfit One:
Jacket: Express (Similar) / Tee: Old Navy (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Nike Internationalist

Outfit Two:
Sweater: Express (Similar) / Tank: Target Jeans: Gap (Similar) / Shoes: Nordstrom

Outfit Three:
Jacket: Express (Similar) / Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Nordstrom

Shop the Pieces:



* * *

I'm really enjoying themed blog link-ups this year because it's just easier to let someone else choose my post topics! And on that note, I'll be back with another post on Thursday for Kristen and Gretchen's "What's New" link-up for a few new things I'm loving this month so I hope you'll stop by and check it out. And if you're a blogger looking for a Thursday topic, they'd love to have you join!


Linking up with:
 ErikaAndrea / Katie / Megan / Brenna / Jenna / Grace / Lindsey

CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. Happy Leap Year, these posts are always fun. I'm the complete opposite, I was always surrounded by women,I even went to an all girl school for 13 years.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite of your male inspired outfits is also the Bruno Mars look! I love Converse too! They seem to go with everything! Have a great week!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny because my office is so male dominant and I have very few girlfriends that are local in real life. Ok Jenna. She is my only friend. But despite all the male influence, I'm totally on the opposite side of the spectrum from them. Give me all the girlie shoes you can!! That said, I am definitely on board with your sneaker choices and I love the vibe they give to the overall outfit!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Leap Year Day! I love your male-inspired post. I like your black Nike sneakers - I am looking for a new pair to replace my insanely bright neon ones.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  5. More amazing outfits! And I'm in love with your sneakers. Great post Gina!
    Have a great week.
    Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got my first pair of Converse and I love them... they are pretty girly tho in that they are monogrammed. :) Those gray boots from Express look great in outfit three, that is my favorite!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw thanks for the shout out girlfran :) you're the sweetest. i love themed link ups as well, takes a bit of the pressure off sometimes. i also love all of these outfits, the bruno mars one is probably my favourite but i love that you are so creative and get inspiration from men and then share it with us ;) i grew up with 2 brothers and was a bit of a tomboy growing up, but i'm not really surrounded by men now. that sounds weird lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I TOTALLY love your spin on this linkup!! You are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Leap Year, and YES To all of these outfits, I need to get on a computer that let's pinterest work and then pin every.single.outfit you put together :) Such a great take on the prompt, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite of the three is Ryan goslings look ( for obvious reasons) lol. But I think it's great you grew up with brothers and have two boys. I wish I had brothers! Even though I'm pretty darn girly, I'm not prissy and I love hanging out with the boys. Less drama;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are quite outnumbered by the men in your life, aren't you. I've loved that Bruno Mars-inspired outfit since you first posted it, probably because I love that pink moto jacket. You make the "guys look" look feminine and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Leap Year! I really like your first outfit! I work in an all female environment which is probably why I lean towards the most girly of these outfits, lol!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat post, super creative! I love all of the looks, they all look so comfy!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I love outfits with a little masculine edge- you rock this look, lady. Loving the sneaker options, too- gotta stay comfy running after those boys! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love when your inspiration comes from male outfits! I try to do this from time to time, but I feel like my proportions tend to be off. I think my favorite would have to be the Jay-Z inspired look. I love how edgy it is!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful blog! I love and i follow your blog, please follow me too
    http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com/ https://www.instagram.com/anastasia_alamode/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your male-inspired post its so unique..loved it..dear
    xo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you channeled these sassy men's styles esp. that of Bruno Mars! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know you had five brothers?! You do have a lot of great male influence, and I love the way you wear sneakers. I agree, though. left to my own devices, they are not what I would pick. However, they have gotten so popular lately and I love the options now that feel less bulky.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Ryan Gosling look. You look great in all of your male inspired looks!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally, after months of not being able to see your blog (just the black bar on your header) I tried again and it finally works. I always love these comparison style posts because you do them so well. That pink jacket is gorgeous and you rock it Gina!

    Happy March!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!