1/8/16

Outfits on the Daily 1/8/16

|
I did a lot of wordy posts earlier this week (about my goals for this year and hair extensions), so I'm feeling like I've already exceeded my word limit for the week. So I'll try to keep today's post simple and mostly visual with just a basic outfit and workout recap.

Outfit Recap:
Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Nordstrom / Hat: Target / Drusy Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott / Triangle Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Hair Extensions: c/o Irresistible Me (14" Ponytail in Platinum Blonde, full review in this post)

Sweater: Express (Similar) / Tank: Target (Similar) / Leggings: Express / Booties: Old Navy (Similar) / Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Bag: Amazon


Jacket: Express (Similar) / Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Express / Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott / Hat: Forever 21 (Similar) / Shoes: Nordstrom

Sweater: Express (Similar) / Cami: Express / Necklace: Local Jeweler (Option) / Jeans: Express / Booties: Forever 21 (Similar) / Ring: Target / Bag: Tory Burch (Similar) (Outfit Inspo for this look via: Erin Hartman)


Front View:
To view or pin the front view outfits individually see this page.

Workout Recap:
Saturday: Cardio: Turbo Jam Fat Blaster
Sunday: Cardio: Plyo Hiit 2
Monday: Legs: Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 3
Tuesday: Cardio & Abs: MMA Fusion + Plyo HiiT Abs Workout 1
Wednesday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps: Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 3
Thursday: Yoga: Pursuit of Happy Hips (Link goes to Vimeo rental/purchase option)
Friday: Back, Biceps: Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 3

Notes and Modifications:
This week in STS, Cathe does "Double Wave Loads" for a number of the exercises. Which means you are doing about six sets of the exact same exercise for any given upper body part. As in past weeks, this just gets to be too long/too much for me. The Wednesday workout has a running time of 68 minutes. I cut out several sets (including the entire Double Wave Load sets of any exercise) and reduced the rest periods to make it a 50 minute workout. If I'm missing out on maximum muscle growth because of these changes, I'm okay with that.

Also, I have several Eoin Finn Yoga DVDs and the prices are always ridiculous on Amazon. But just this week I figured out that you can rent or buy them through Vimeo. I have not tried this method myself since I've owned the DVDs for ages, but the prices are much more appealing. For example, it's $3.99 to rent and $20.99 to buy Power Yoga for Happiness One. Whereas it's $72 to purchase on Amazon. It also sounds nice to be able to try before you buy since personal preferences vary a lot when it comes yoga (and workouts in general).

* * *


Oops, looks like I got a little wordy at the end with the workout details but it can't be helped. Have a great weekend and I'll be back on Tuesday with my first Coffee Date of 2016. I'm chatting with a someone who's been blogging for ten years and has a lot of great insight (aside from just being an all-around nice person!) so I hope you'll stop by and check it out!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne / MK / Rachelle / Katie / Megan / Katey & Betsey / Amanda /

CONVERSATION

23 comments:

  1. another week of great outfit, I might try renting this yoga video. I need to step up my yoga this year, I tend to skip workouts that are not upbeat, I get bored so easily.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'm a lot like you in that way. I prefer more upbeat, fast paced workouts. It really took me a long time to get into yoga. And even Eoinn's yoga workouts (which are almost the only ones I do)...it took a little getting used to his mannerisms. But after a few workouts I realized that I just really enjoy the way they make my body feel. I feel like they're a great balance to all the dance/kickboxing/weights stuff I do.

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday Gina! Love the first outfit...so casual but cute! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are the two outfits with the hats! The buffalo plaid hat is so cute! Thanks for the tip on Vimeo! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that gray sweater in the second photo and those burgundy booties as well. I also am in love with that berry came, which I think I mentioned on your IG. I am loving the extensions in your posts lately!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I must have missed a post then! I'll have to check. Well I always love your outfits, but the 4th one with that pretty vibrant cami and the leopard bag is my favorite. You accessorized perfectly! Happy Friday Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh your coffee date post sounds fun! can't wait to read it.
    good to know about renting the yoga videos, i did not know you could do that. fun.
    love all your outfits. wish i had gotten the other version of that cardi when it was available, sigh.
    8 days no shopping for me! high fives. you're tempting me with that pink bag though. every time i see it, so pretty! i am pretty neutral with my bags though, i don't know if i could pull off a pink bag. and 'mini'. how mini is it? is yours patent leather? it doesn't look it in the photos. the only photo on amazon that gives a bit of scale is someone put their puppy in the bag hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the satchel is not mini AT all. The title is very misleading! I think it's a medium sized satchel. Mine is not patent leather. Right now it looks like my exact pink color in unavailable but they seem to change color options frequently so I just keep the link to the exact bag so people know where I got it, how much it cost etc. If you think you are interested in a different color I will try to send you some different images to scale on Snapchat!

      Delete
  7. How freakin' fab is that buffalo check ball cap?! LOVE!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't worn the pink side of that burgundy cami yet but now seeing your outfit, you make me want to try it once it warms up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those magenta boots. I went back and forth on getting those when they were at Old Navy and kind of regret not getting them. I know you showed something similar, but I'm such an Old Navy fan. I'd have trouble with a workout that went for more than an hour too. I'm sure you'll have no problem with muscle growth. As always, great outfit line-up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing looks Gina! Love your hair extensions. I swear you have the best jeans & cardi and jackets collection.
    Happy weekend!
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your maroon colored accessories are always so beautiful! I love the color especially with grey as you have in the second pic down! I totally forgot how to take the top down pics Gina :) I should have recorded your tutorial!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of these outfits! I really need to get back into a good yoga routine after the holidays!

    Happy New Year!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the casual jeans and baseball cap look Gina!! I just moved back to San Diego and I would love to grab a coffee sometime. xo~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! great outfit choices <3
    http://fai-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the gray, pink, and maroon outfit. The colors look so good all together. And can't wait for the coffee date!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the first look! :)
    http://priscillaeliodoro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the grey/neutrals in this post. That buffalo plaid hat looks cute!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving all the destroyed denim, looking fabulous as always <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of your outfits! I'm a sucker for ripped jeans and neutrals!

    Kasi | www.thestyleperk.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those booties from the second outfit! The color is so gorgeous! I always love all of your outfit choices though! : )

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!