1/15/16

Outfits on the Daily 1/15/16

|
I know a lot of people get the post-holiday blues when January rolls around, but for me, it's been the opposite this year. It feels refreshing to get back to a normal routine and get caught up on all the things I let slip during the extra-busy holiday season. And speaking of normal routine, today's post is just that: my normal Friday recap of workouts, outfits and some other random stuff!

Outfit Recap:

Sweater: Express (Similar) / Top: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Boots: Express (Similar) / Nails: Chanel "Taboo" (gift)

Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Booties: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Express / Ring: c/o Kendra Scott / Bag: Amazon

Sweater: Express / Tee: Gap / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Boots: Target (Similar) / Bag: Amazon / Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (gift)

Jacket: Maurice's ($20!) / Tee: Gap / Leggings: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Booties: Express (Similar) / Bag: Amazon

Just a couple of notes I wanted to share on this last outfit.

1) I was totally unfamiliar with Maurice's sizing (we don't have that store here) prior to ordering this jacket . I am wearing an XS here, which is what I normally wear in Express jackets. I do think it's just a big more snug than most of my Express jackets, so zipping it up would not be an option. But since I don't zip my jackets anyway I didn't mind that. It's also pretty stretchy so that helps with arm mobility despite it being a bit snug.

2) The length on this Gap tee is fantastic for leggings and it comes in several other color and stripe options. But I have to warn you that it wrinkles so easily. I'm still keeping my eyes out for one that doesn't require ironing, because ironing a t-shirt doesn't seem like a good use of my time.

Front View:
For individual versions of these front-view pics go here.

Fitness:
Here's a quick recap of the workouts I've done since last Friday.

Saturday: Cardio Kickboxing + Martial Arts (Local Studio)
Sunday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday: Legs - Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 4
Tuesday: Cardio + Abs: Amy Bento Advanced Step Challenge 2 + Cathe Core Max Workout 2
Wednesday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps: Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 4
Thursday: Dance Review + Cathe Intensity Bootcamp (minus upper body work)
Friday: Back, Biceps: Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 4

Notes and Modifications:
Several of my weekend classes were canceled over the holidays and I really missed that social outlet! Score one more point for January routines being back in place! This week was the last week of STS Meso 2 and thankfully the upper workouts here are all well under an hour so I really didn't have to modify, other than doing some of the push-ups on my knees in the Chest workout.

Recent Sale Purchases:

If you're on a no-buy January or some other shopping restriction, you might want to skip this section of my post, but there are a few things I purchased recently that I wanted to share before they sell out or go back to full price.
Sale picks 1-15-16

Jacket (40% off) / Jeans (40% off) / Cardigan (40% off) / 


Moto Jacket:
During the last 50% off sale at Express, I ordered the (Minus the Leather) Jacket in Whiskey. I hoped it would be a reddish brown, but in person it was a true chocolate brown and I ended up returning it because it just didn't go with much in my wardrobe. Since I had pretty good luck with my other moto jacket from Maurice's (the marled version in my outfit recap above) I decided to try out their Oxblood jacket since it's 40% off. Their shipping takes awhile so I'm still waiting for this, but hope it works out better than Whiskey. (UPDATE: It arrived and I'm loving it! See a front-view outfit with the oxblood jacket here.)


Jeans: Obviously Express jeans are my favorite, but I guess Vigoss is my second favorite by default since it's the only other brand I own, and this is now my third pair! For me, the sizing runs pretty similar to Express (24=00, 25=0, 26=2 and so on), but they don't have as much stretch as my Express jeans do so they feel slightly more snug.

Striped Cardigan: LOFT made a lightweight striped cardigan last summer (see it on Charnele and Skye)that I always regretted not getting after seeing all the ways it could be styled. So when they released this winter version I went in store to check it out since it's currently 40% off. I really liked it, but they only had a Small in stock (shown below) and it was just too oversized. I ordered an XS and XXS online to try and am really hoping one of them will fit!
JeansNordstrom (40% off) / CardiganLOFT (40% off) 

* * *
That's it for today! I'm looking forward to a rather sporty weekend of watching Super Bowl playoffs and Supercross racing, then a bonus family day on Monday for MLK Day. Then on Tuesday I'll be back here catching up on some random stuff from jewelry storage (some of you got a peek of that on Snapchat!) to some little outfit tricks I've been using lately so I hope you'll come back and check it out!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne / MK/  Katie / Megan / Lindsey

CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. That oxblood jacket is fantastic, I am actually not in the mood to buy Fall-ish items. I'm ready for spring/summer, don't know what wrong with me. It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned :) snap it so that I can stalk you :)

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having pretty much our coldest winter ever (at least since I've lived here!) and I am feeling unprepared for it from a wardrobe standpoint! I don't have that many warm cardigans or warm jackets so I wanted a couple more to get me through the next couple of months of this cooler weather.

      Delete
  2. It's hard to find the perfect white tee! I really like the length of the Gap one but agree, who has time to iron a tee shirt! That striped cardi from loft is really cute and I love your distressed jeans! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second from the top outfit is my favorite! That jacket is sooo good!
    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your Kendra Scott necklaces in the pink and blue - makes me want to break out and buy another (in addition to the black one I have). My favorite look of yours is the last set of pictures - the pink moto jacket. I am with you on getting back to a routine - I am actually glad it is January. Enjoy your extra long weekend!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like Loft runs larger than most places. I always need an XS, so you may need the XXS. I love Gap for tees. Great neutrals in your looks!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to know about LOFT sizing!! Glad I ordered both sizes in that case!

      Delete
  7. So many great outfits!! You have some great pieces.

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those jeans look fantastic on you! And I love that jacket..can't believe it's only $20. What a deal :) I hope that you're going to be rooting for the Steelers! If not, we're going to have some words.... ;)


    Have a great weekend Gina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! As a former Seattleite I'm all about the Seahawks. :)

      Delete
  9. I need that Loft cardigan, perfect for cold/not so cold LA ;-) I'm with you, it's much more winter-y than last season (I hear it's extra chilly where you are), perfect excuse to add a few more cute coats! Have a great weekend Gina!

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know it's not cold to most people but I do think it's been 5-10 degrees cooler this winter, which means I can't wear a Portofino shirt on its own like I did in past winters!

      Delete
  10. oooh this is dangerous. that $20 maurice jacket is super cute. and i agree with Amy Ann about Loft sizing, I size down there as well. those jeans are way nicer on you than in the stock picture. i need new jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the striped cardigan!! I agree it's nice to get back to a routine!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you on being happy to get back into a normal routine. I love the holidays and get a little sad taking the tree down, but once it's out of sight, I'm surprisingly rejuvenated and happy to get back to normalcy! Excited to see how that Maurice's jacket works out for you!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was worried you might have to change your name to On The Daily Maurices, but then you showed that pink moto jacket. I still don't feel cool enough to pull off a moto jacket. And those jeans look fantastic on you. I too like getting back into a normal routine this month. December is fun, but Januarys are more sane. Thanks for that banana tip by the way. I've seen those, but thought they were more decorative. I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that striped cardigan! I may have to check it out, even though I have other things on my wishlist! I like the length! Looks perfect for covering the bum in leggings ;) I doubt I'll be able to watch supercross which is not ok! For once, I'm dreading the weekend because it's all moving! But I do have Monday off :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're all beautiful, but my favorite is the second one!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always sad when the holidays end, but like you I feel so much more refreshed this year as December was absolute craziness plus my bank account was probably actually crying! Loving all your looks as usual, and obsessing over the KS necklaces and that ring <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all these outfits. You Have an Amazing Jackets & cardi collection!
    Happy weekend!
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  18. The weather is so weird this winter with us having unusual warmer temps and you having colder temps. I hope that jacket works out for you. The color is pretty. Have a great long weekend. We had Friday off too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been a long time lurker on your blog and instagram. I love following your posts, my husband does not however haha. You get me into so much trouble!! You even inspired me to start my own blog. I adore that gray cardigan in the first outfit, it has officially been added to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!