1/1/16

Outfits on the Daily 1/1/16

|
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a safe and happy celebration and got to enjoy a few days off from your normal routine over the last couple of weeks! It's been a relaxing couple of weeks here and I had some free time so I decided to stay consistent and post my weekly outfit and fitness recap.

Outfit Recap:
Jacket: Express / Tee: Gap / Leggings: Express / Boots: Target / Necklace: J Crew (Gift from Rachelle, Similar) / Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift from Carylee, Similar) / Bag: Amazon

Sweater: Express (In Store Only, Similar) / Tee: Express / Necklace: Bloomingdale's (Gift from Charnele) / Jeans: Express / Boots: Forever 21 (Similar) / Bag: Amazon /  Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift from CaryleeSimilar)

Jacket: Maurice's / Cami: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Jeans: Express / Boots: Express (Similar) / Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar) / Ring: Target

Jacket: Express / Tee: Express (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Boots: Express (Similar) / Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott / Ring: Kendra Scott / Bag: Amazon

Front View:
To view or Pin individual front-view photos from December 2015 go here.

Outfit Inspiration:
I shared this outfit on Instagram and mentioned that it was originally inspired by Lisa at Daily Style Finds.
Sweater: Target / Jeans: Express / Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) / Booties: Macy's (Similar)
Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift from Carylee, Similar) / Bag: Amazon

But it's hard to give a proper visual on Instagram of the original inspiration vs. my interpretation, so I like to follow up and share a side-by-side on the blog. Lisa has a great eye for putting together outfit sets and Save vs. Splurge pieces like the one below. This one was was part of my motivation for purchasing this sweater in the first place since I loved the outfit and had all the pieces for the look except the sweater!

Original set via Daily Style Finds

Fitness Recap:
Sunday: Cardio - Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday:  Legs - Cathe STS Meso 2, Week 2
Tuesday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps - Cathe STS Meso 2, Week 2
Wednesday: Cardio - Dance Class (Local Studio); Abs - Cathe Low Impact Hiit Abs Section 1
Thursday: Back, Biceps - Cathe STS Meso 2, Week 2
Friday: Power Yoga for Happiness - Magically Hips (Unfortunately still very $$$. Will let you know if there's another sale!)

Notes and Modifications:
Just like last week, I shortened some of the rest periods and skipped a few sets per body part to reduce the length of my upper body weights workouts. Both the Tuesday and Thursday workouts have a running time of over an hour, and I try to get them down to 45-50 minutes. I also substituted dumbbells for any barbell work, and pullovers for chinups and pull-ups (since I don't have a pull up bar) on back day.
* * *

I truly appreciate all of your support in 2015 and hope you'll keep on visiting me here in 2016! I'll do my best to keep providing content that's helpful, entertaining and worth a few minutes of your day a few times a week!


Shop the Post:





Linking up with:
JoLynne / ErikaAndrea and Narci / Katie / Megan / Lindsey / Lisa

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. So that's the Maurices moto jacket you were talking about a couple of weeks ago. It looks great on you. I'm glad it worked out and it looks fabulous with the purple. I tried on those black distress leggings when Express was having its huge sale before Christmas. I swear, the rips in the knees were so far up my leg, it would have looked weird on me. On you they look perfect. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect pair of distressed black skinny jean. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Gina! All these Fall outfits are so cute but I cannot wear any of that this year Fall totally skipped us lol. Happy the Maurice jacket worked out for you.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style. Happy New Year.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Years! I LOVE the marled coat with the deep blue/purple cami...perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for the perfect cream/white cabled sweater. It looks great with the leopard too. Lisa has great style. The sweater is on clearance now and we received a bunch of Target gifts cards. I think I may pick this up. As always, I love every outfit. The purple one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those studded purses are my favorite pieces every time I see them. I so love the wine colored one! I also love the final look of the cream sweater and black denim with the leopard booties!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa has such an amazing eye for putting this together. You executed her outfit so well. Your have such a great jacket collection. All great combinations! As always, impressed by your workouts.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that third outfit as I have a very similar jacket. I don't think I've ever worn it with purple before though, something I'll have to try! :)

    Happy new year!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. What size are you wearing in the cream sweater? I pretty faithfully wear xs in merona brand but mossimo is inconsistent between xs/s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing an XS. I have the same issue with Mossimo being inconsistent! I wear a small in the Mossimo long and lean tanks, but I tried both Small and XS in this sweater and the XS was better. Also glad I got the XS because it stretches a bit with wear!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful looks as always Gina! Have a great week ahead gorgeous.
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh i like that gap top in your first outfit. so long! i love long tops. i also still love that sweater on you! i went and tried it on, but it was too short (stupid long torso).

    hope you have a fabulous 2016 girl. you're always helpful and entertaining to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina - thanks for sharing my style set (and you styled your look perfectly) - Also thanks for all your support this past year! I wish you all the best in 2016 and I look forward to reading your posts.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your looks! A pendant necklace with layers and boots is a fool-proof approach!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I just discovered your blog thanks to Instagram and I'm loving everything you put together. I have kind of a weird question...(I swear I'm not a creeper) what kind of bra are you wearing? I always find I can see my bra through my shirt when wearing white or another light color, even if I'm wearing a nude bra. Or I can see the outline of my bra through my shirt. What do you do to get that smooth appearance? I've tried so called t-shirt bras but they aren't great. The only way I can fix this is to wear a camisole under everything, which can be annoying. TIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tricia! I'm glad you found my blog through IG and thanks for the nice comments! No worries about the bra question. I actually get asked about that quite a bit. Whenever I wear a white top I always wear This Bra from Gap in "New Nude." It's about just slightly darker than my own skintone in that area and that seems to keep it pretty invisible under white tops. (I don't have to filter/blur or edit my photos in that area at all.) I bought their lighter color at first ("Blush") because it's actually a better match for my skin, but it always shows through on my white tops, so I'm thinking if this specific bra doesn't work out for you, maybe try something just a little bit darker than your own personal "nude." Hope that helps a bit!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!