12/29/15

The Gathering

|
Becoming friends with someone online is one thing, but meeting in person is always another level, and it's not always possible through blogging when your friends come from all over the country. So it was kind of surreal that Rachelle, Charnele, and Daphnee (all from Miami) were able to plan a vacation to California at the same time as Caryl (from St. Louis) was here to visit some of her family. And Noelle was able to get time off work and I was able to be kid-free for an afternoon to all come together on one amazing day. You may have seen some pictures of our meet up on Instagram or Snapchat, but since these are all friends I met specifically through blogging, I wanted to give a proper blog recap of the day!

The Gathering:

Where We Met:

Our View:
What We Ate:
Shared Crème Brûlée for dessert...after a variety of seafood appetizers and entrees!


What We Talked About:
  • Four out of six bloggers in our group do NOT know how to swim!
  • Miami nightlife vs. California nightlife. (Closing time at 2 AM in LA was "early" for the Miami ladies.)
  • What lighting everyone prefers for their blog pictures. (Partly cloudy days were popular.)
  • What lighting we prefer for selfies. (First thing in the morning)
  • How much Snapchat can change our perception of people...for better or worse!)
  • How we've had to continually evolve our blogging schedules and time management. (All of us feel like we're never completely caught up in one area or another.)
  • "Show me how you take a top-down selfie!"
  • "Show me how you add extra text on Snapchat!"

The After Party:
After lunch we walked over to the adjacent Cardiff State Beach parking lot to take a few pictures to commemorate the day, and luckily Caryl brought her photographer/Instagram Husband to help us out with some group photos (including the photo below as well as the first photo in this post).
Rachelle / Carylee / Me / Noelle

And in general there was no shame among this group in taking any number of selfies or snapshots:
Group Selfie

Ring Twins 

Bloggers...behind the scenes

Sub-optimal afternoon lighting had to do for my #OOTD on this day!
Sweater: Express / Lace Cami: ExpressNecklace: CCO (Gift, Similar) / Skirt: Express (Similar)/ Booties: Target (Similar) / Bag: Amazon


When I started my blog, one of my hopes was to make friends with people who had a similar interest in clothes and fashion, and specifically people who shopped at the same places (one store was of particular interest to me, of course!) so we could share ideas for styling the same pieces, getting the best deals, etc. I wasn't sure at all how that would work out, but quite honestly the friendships have exceeded my expectations! These women have been such supportive, encouraging friends behind the scenes here not just when it comes to blogging, but on a personal level too. For the ladies from Miami it was my first time meeting all of them in person, and it really wasn't like meeting someone "new" because we all felt like we knew each other so well already, and everyone was just as they seemed to be through their blog. It will really stand out for me as one of my happiest memories of 2015, and I hope this is the just the first of many future gatherings!


Linking up with:
 Lindsey / Amanda 

CONVERSATION

36 comments:

  1. first off, no idea how you guys shared one dessert. haha. but seriously, what a fun gathering and i'm so glad you got to meet everyone and make fabulous friendships through blogging :) meanwhile, now I'm worried if my snapchat is changing people's opinion of me for better or worse..... ;) have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had eaten a lot prior to that dessert! Let's just say the entree portions were very generous! And don't worry, we love you just the same. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this so much! That's so great that everyone was able to meet up at the same time, and I loved following your story on Snapchat! It's always great when I can meet a blogging friend in real life. Thank goodness for such an amazing community :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this so much! I'm LOLing at the swimmers in our group, or lack thereof. Haha! You reminded me of a lot of good things I didn't capture! Definitely hope it's not our last meet up!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all were so sweet and even though I stopped blogging I am so glad I met all of you. You ladies have truly become friends of mine. SO glad we have IRL memories and inside jokes now!! Definitely a top moment of 2015!

    P.S. I LOVEEEE San Diego. We drove there to watch the sunset and it was gorgeous. Can't wait to come back and explore more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! You all look fabulous. I'm glad to have connected with you on IG.
    Thank you for always being so kind to me.
    Have a lovely day.
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I so love this post, you gave the perfect synopsis! Go Team Non Swimmers! LOL All of you were as lovely in person as you are on the web. It was a pleasure meeting Noelle for the first time both in person and as a blogger. Finally, I want to give you a special shout out Gina because you were literally the FIRST person to welcome me as a new blogger and you went out of your way to include me in some things such as your coffee date series and a wonderful giveaway for the anniversary of your Manic Monday Link Up with Caryl. So for truly being a genuine and kind person both online and in person I thank you! Happy New Year girl, I look forward to continuing to get to know you guys!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for the sweet comment Daphnee! Hey, you were Rachelle's friend AND you liked shopping at Express so I knew you couldn't be too bad. And I was right! :)

      Delete
  7. This. Looks. Like. So. Much. Fun. SO many of my favorites all together! I love that blogging really does make real friends. Such a wonderful community to be part of. That restaurant looks amazing.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! This is the best part about the blogging community!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to all get together! I loved seeing these pictures on Insta! I agree that meeting blog friends is one of the greatest things!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome! And everyone looks so fab! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning pictures!! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun way to spend the day! I love SD! Have a happy new year.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so awesome to be able to get together with friends and fellow bloggers! It looks like so much fun, not to mention all of you girls look so stylish!

    XO,

    Meagan
    BLOGLOVIN'
    Hearts of Gold Blog
    Instagram @heartsofgoldblog

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is not the last meeting for sure, this was the perfect way to end my trip in Cali. I really want to explore San Diego more so I'm sure I'll be back. I knew meeting you would be awesome but it was so much better than that. xoxo

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! San Diego definitely deserves its own trip. Very different vibe from LA (but still closes at 2 AM!). Noelle and I would be happy to help you plan!

      Delete
  15. I love this recap!!!! How the heck am I going to top it?! I may have to steal your pictures, although I guess we all shared :) It was one of my favorite friend events to date (sinus infection, cough, watery eyes and all)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, these are definitely not "my" pictures! Use what you like. Matt took all the best pics and I borrowed the rest from snapchat or just my iphone.

      Delete
  16. What a nice day to meet some blogging friends IRL! I hope that I will get to meet you one of these days too.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you girls had fun. You look Chic, as always. Loving the outfit everyone is wearing. Wishing you a Happy New Year in Advance!

    xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fun meet up! looks like a great time!


    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun that you all got to meet in person. Next time, you should charge for watching some of your blog discussions. I would have paid good money to just listen to all of you talk about how you take the top down selfie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If you're ever in town I will gladly show you for free. :)

      Delete
  20. This is amazing Gina, the friendships you made through your blog. I loved reading every bit of it and laughed at the familiar photo taking/selfie parts. :-) The good time you all had shines through. You all look great. SO lovely. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you guys all got to meet up! I saw so many pics on IG. Looked so fun!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a nice pictures, you l ook so happy!
    xoxo
    www.thenewpersonalassistant.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw, hope you girls had a fun time!

    Kisses & Happy New Year,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing you all the best for 2016 - Happy New Year!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to have a few blogger meet up opportunities this year, but sometimes I'm not sure if any other bloggers live in Colorado :'(. Lord willing, some will happen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks like so much fun! Happy New Year and all the best for 2016, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun day! I love that you all got to meet up! Your outfit is super cute! You should wear skirts more often!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!