Where We Met:
via Ranch and CoastWhat We Ate:
Shared Crème Brûlée for dessert...after a variety of seafood appetizers and entrees!
What We Talked About:
- Four out of six bloggers in our group do NOT know how to swim!
- Miami nightlife vs. California nightlife. (Closing time at 2 AM in LA was "early" for the Miami ladies.)
- What lighting everyone prefers for their blog pictures. (Partly cloudy days were popular.)
- What lighting we prefer for selfies. (First thing in the morning)
- How much Snapchat can change our perception of people...for better or worse!)
- How we've had to continually evolve our blogging schedules and time management. (All of us feel like we're never completely caught up in one area or another.)
- "Show me how you take a top-down selfie!"
- "Show me how you add extra text on Snapchat!"
The After Party:
After lunch we walked over to the adjacent Cardiff State Beach parking lot to take a few pictures to commemorate the day, and luckily Caryl brought her photographer/Instagram Husband to help us out with some group photos (including the photo below as well as the first photo in this post).
And in general there was no shame among this group in taking any number of selfies or snapshots:
Bloggers...behind the scenes
Express / Lace Cami: Express / Necklace: CCO (Gift, Similar) / Skirt: Express (Similar)/ Booties: Target (Similar) / Bag: Amazon
When I started my blog, one of my hopes was to make friends with people who had a similar interest in clothes and fashion, and specifically people who shopped at the same places (one store was of particular interest to me, of course!) so we could share ideas for styling the same pieces, getting the best deals, etc. I wasn't sure at all how that would work out, but quite honestly the friendships have exceeded my expectations! These women have been such supportive, encouraging friends behind the scenes here not just when it comes to blogging, but on a personal level too. For the ladies from Miami it was my first time meeting all of them in person, and it really wasn't like meeting someone "new" because we all felt like we knew each other so well already, and everyone was just as they seemed to be through their blog. It will really stand out for me as one of my happiest memories of 2015, and I hope this is the just the first of many future gatherings!