12/27/15

Outfits on the Daily 12/27/15

|
Well hello, and welcome to a random Sunday post! I hope you had a nice holiday with loved ones. Mine was pretty quiet, and it certainly made me miss living closer to my extended family. But it did have one bright highlight, a lunch date with some of my longtime favorite blogger friends. I'm planning to share the details of our get together in a separate post next week (sneak peek on Instagram), but since today is the last day of the 50% off sale at Express, I wanted to share my weekly outfit recap since as usual, it consists of a lot of pieces from Express!

Outfit Recap:
Blazer: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) / Bag: Tory Burch (Option)

Sweater: Express (Similar) / Tank: Target (Maternity for length) / Short Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Long Necklace: Express (Similar) / Leggings: Express / Booties: Target (Similar) / Bag: Amazon

Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Short Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott / Long Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Booties: Express (Similar) / Bag: Amazon / Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gifted) / Ring: Kendra Scott

Jacket: Express (Current) / Tee: Gap / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Boots: Target (Similar) / Bag: Amazon

Front View:
To view or Pin individual pics of the front-view outfits go to this page.


Fitness Recap:
Here's a look back at the workouts I've done since my last workout recap (here). This past week I moved on to Mesocycle 2 of Cathe's STS series and made several modifications as noted below.

Image via Cathe.com

Saturday: Cardio Kickboxing + Martial Arts Class (Local Studio)
Sunday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday: Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 1: Legs (Amazon)
Tuesday: Amy Bento Advanced Step Challenge 4, Combined NRG Mix (Amazon)  + Advanced Step Challenge 3 Ab Work Section 1 (Amazon)
Wednesday: Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (Amazon)
Thursday: Cathe Lower Body Blast (Amazon)
Friday: Cathe STS Meso 2 Week 1: Back, Biceps (Amazon)
Saturday: Cathe Plyo Hiit Workout 2 (Amazon) + Advanced Step Challenge 3 Ab Work Section 2 (Amazon)

Notes and Modifications: 
The running time for my Wednesday workout DVD is 65 minutes, and that's longer than I prefer for weights. I cut the chest work in half  and also fast forwarded through a portion of the rest sections throughout the workout (e.g. I would skip forward until there were 20 seconds of rest remaining then go from there). Cathe specifically talks about the importance of taking the full one minute rest (during one of the rest segments, naturally), but in the interest of time I just go by how I feel. If I feel rested and ready for another set, I do it. If I feel I need the full minute, then I take it.

On Friday's back workout Cathe did deadlifts, and I skipped those since I had just done them in my Thursday Lower Body blast workout and didn't want to do them two days in a row. On Saturday's ab workout, Amy does some lower back training and I subbed in some weighted crunches on a stability ball instead since I had just worked my back the day prior and didn't want to do it again.

Also, as I mentioned in my equipment breakdown (in this post), I don't have a barbell and plates, so any time Cathe used that in any of the workouts I modified with dumbbells.

* * *
Short and sweet today, but have a great rest of your weekend and thanks for reading!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great holiday Gina! Great outfits! I especially love the red on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that red top, especially with the leopard bag. Are you really not going to wear it again until Valentine's Day? Then again, that's only a month and a half away I guess. I hear you about some of the longer workouts. Today, however, I pulled out Body Max 2 and did the whole thing--1 1/2 hours. I had a little extra time this Sunday morning, so I thought I'd use it. I also used heavier weights for the arm segment than I had before and that took it up a notch. Cathe is pretty much amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gina! The first outfit is my fave, you just reminded me how great red and black look paired together. That particular red is beautiful! BTW I just counted my now growing portofino collection and I'm at 15, how did that happen!? LOL

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome outfits as always Gina! Hope you had a wonderful Chritsmas.
    Have a great week ahead.
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great great outfits! I an loving your leopard TB, so cute! Your workout routine has given me motivation to workout today!

    Xoxo,

    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the best jacket collection. Perfect for your warmer winters. Glad you had a nice Christmas. It is hard to be far away from family. Your blogger lunch looked like so much fun!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cute outfits! The first one is my fave! I love the red top and leopard bag!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these outfits and that you are kicking ass in the cardio department.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blogger meet up looks so fun! next time i'll just fly out and meet you all ;)
    hope you had a lovely christmas and weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a a great Christmas Gina!! That first outfit is my favorite as that red is so pretty!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  11. love those this look and those flats are my fav, xoxo sakura

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I checked here today! I love your recent outfits Gina. With this cold weather, it's fun to be able to wear things that normally stay in the closet! All of your booties and long cardigans are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous looks! Loving the first one with the red top!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't even shopped any after christmas sales yet, but that's probably good because I'm pretty sure we set spending records for December!! Ha! And I can't wait to read about your blogger lunch recap from your point of view!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  15. That red is a really good color for you. And your nails look fab. I just got a bunch of new colors for Christmas. I haven't painted my nails for a few weeks so I need to get painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!