12/18/15

Outfits + Fitness Recap 12/18/15

|
First I want to say I appreciate everyone's concern last week over my lack of progress on Christmas shopping. Over the weekend I Amazoned the heck out of my kids wishlists (minus the pet tarantula that someone is going to be very upset they didn't get...) and ordered some stuff for my parents (not sharing specifics just in case my mom reads this). I even mailed all my holiday cards yesterday, so things are coming together now with a week to spare! That means I had time to put together my usual outfit and fitness recap, along with some info on the current kinda-big (but not Black Friday big) sale at Express.

Outfit Recap:
Sweater: Target / Jeans: Express / Boots: Target (Similar) / Long Necklace: Express / Short Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Ring: Express / Bag: Stella & Dot (Similar)


Sweater: Express (This color In-Store Only, Similar) / Top: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Booties: Macy's (Similar) / Ring: Kendra Scott / Bag: Aldo (Similar) / Nails: Deborah Lippmann "Bitches Brew"


Jacket: Express (Similar) / Top: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Boots: Target / Bag: Amazon / Ring: Express


Jacket: Express / Sweater: Express / Layering Cami: Target / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Leggings: Express / Booties: Old Navy / Bag: Amazon / Nails: Deborah Lippmann "Bitches Brew"

Front View:
To view or Pin front view outfits individually go Here.

Kinda-Big Sale**:
**UPDATE: There's now a storewide 50% off sale. See this post for some of my current and all-time favorites.

So there is yet another sale at Express right now, and at first glance I thought it was a40% off storewide based on the promotional email:

The key words on that ad are "up to." Quite a lot of stuff is 40% off, but many of my favorite categories (like Jeans, Barcelona Camis and Jackets) are only 30% off. Here's a quick breakdown of the savings in different categories, and some references to outfits here or in other posts where you can see me wearing some of my favorites.

40% OFF: 
Most Sweaters (e.g. London Sweater in Outfit 4 and this Draped Cardigan shown in three colors Here)
Outerwear (e.g. This Jacket in Outfit 4)
Dresses
Jewelry (e.g. This Necklace in Outfit 2, my favorite for this season)
Handbags

30% OFF: 
Barcelona Camis (Shown in outfits 2 and 3, my collection here)
Portofino Shirts (Several favorites in This Post)
Jeans (Outfits 1-3, Other favorites in This Post)
Jackets (Including Blazers as seen in This Post)

20% OFF: 
One Eleven Collection (Including the London Tee as seen in This Post)

The fine print also says this can't be combined with any other promotion or offer, which makes it sound like you can't use coupons on top of this sale. But if anyone is successfully able to use coupons on top of this please leave a comment below and share your methods! I have my eye on some jeans but I've seen better deals so I might wait this one out.

In other non-Express sale news, Kellie let me know that she just picked up one of my favorite pairs of shoes, the Sole Society Juli Wedge (below) for 40% off. These come in other colors and prints too, but only a few (including this option) are 40% off.
Sweater: Express (40% off) / Jeans: Express (30% off) / Necklace: Chic Couture Online (Similar) / Lace Trim Cami: ExpressShoes: Sole Society (40% off) / Bag: Amazon / Bracelets: LOFT & LOFT


Fitness Recap:
If you've been following my fitness recaps for awhile it might be starting to look fairly predictable, especially now that I'm working my way through Cathe's STS Program. But predictable or not, I enjoy my workouts and that's what helps me stay consistent so here's what I did this week:


Saturday: Cardio Kickboxing (local studio)
Sunday: Dance class (local studio)
Monday: Cathe STS Meso 1 Week 4 Legs (Amazon)
Tuesday: Cathe Ripped with HiiT (Amazon)
Wednesday: Cathe STS Meso 1 Week 4 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (Amazon)
Thursday: Dance review, Stretching
Friday: Cathe STS Meso 1 Week 4 Back, Triceps (Amazon)

Notes and Modifications: Just like last week, I modified Wednesday's Chest work quite a bit. This week I actually counted and Cathe does a total of 143 push-ups in this workout (so my guess of 152 last week was actually not far off!), in addition to bench presses and flyes. I modified by doing a lot of them on my knees and just skipping some sets altogether because it's just too much for me. I also skipped the last two rounds of exercises for each muscle group due to time constraints.

Holiday Schedule:
I haven't quite finalized what my posting schedule will be here for next week, although I am planning to post again on Tuesday. But it's unlikely I'll post a recap next Friday (Christmas Day) or that I'll have it ready to go on Thursday, but you never know! I'm just going to go with the flow on the minimal stress route, and I highly recommend that path to everyone for optimal holiday enjoyment!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

12 comments:

  1. That first outfit with the ivory cable knit and red bag is so cute and festive! Those DVDs sound like great workouts but 143 pushups is insane! I don't think I could make it through! Have a wonderful weekend Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so much done last weekend! What would we do without Amazon? Funny story, my mom was a kindergarten teacher and she had a tarantula as a classroom pet. It was on the playground one day, and the kids loved it. She always brought it home on breaks and it totally freaked me out. I love seeing you in those leopard boots! Your first outfit is really fun too because it's a little different than your norm.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg if my mother did that I would have to disown her!! How terrifying! (Complete arachnophobe here!)

      Delete
  3. Cute outfits as always ;) I hope you get everything done this weekend so you can relax next week! Holiday stress is no fun, so enjoy yourself. I dont blame you for not buying your son a tarantula...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these outfits! You are such a fashionista. I need to check out those DVS, they sound awesome.
    Happy weekend Gina!
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  5. 143 pushups is crazy! The most I think I've ever done in a workout is MAYBE 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100 in a workout is my GOAL, so congrats on already being there!! Can't say I'm surprised you can do that many, though!

      Delete
  6. I'm in love with your second outfit! But now I hear mr. T starter kit LOL! That really got me laughing! I love it though.

    I have my eyes on a pair of black jeans, but I might wait it out too until after Christmas. I just ordered a wine colored coat from nordstrom so if that needs to go back, I'll use that money at express :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you're not getting him the tarantula. I mean, why not? I know you mentioned that the first outfit is stepping out of your norm, but it does look good on you. I always get annoyed by that deceptive kind of advertising. "Up to such and such percent off." It always seems like what I want is 10% only. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay christmas shopping! good job. also, good job on not getting the spider. yecch.
    that's a lot of push ups! i cannot do even a quarter of those. even on my knees. hashtag weak.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!