12/11/15

Outfits + Fitness Recap 12/11/15

|
There are just two weeks left until Christmas and here's how I'm tracking so far: one present has been purchased. Two decorations are in place (stockings and a tree). I think the next couple of weeks are going to be hectic and perhaps not the most wonderful time of the year for me, but I still get dressed every day and I still make time to work out, so here's a look at what's been happening on those two fronts lately!

Outfit Recap
Sweater: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Chic Couture Online (Similar) /Lace Trim Cami: ExpressShoes: Sole Society / Bag: Amazon / Bracelets: LOFT & LOFT

Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express /Jeans: Express / Booties: Macy's / Ring: Kendra Scott

Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Short Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o)/ Long Necklace: Express / Jeans: Nordstrom / Shoes: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: LOFT / Bag: Amazon


Sweater: Express (Similar) Tank: Target (Maternity for extra length) / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Booties: Express / Bag: Amazon


Front View:


Site Update
A few weeks back I had a request to make my front-view outfits available in single form,so I temporarily added some hidden pages for November and December 2015 outfits. But now thanks to my favorite blog designer, Miss Audrey Sue, you can easily access the front view Outfit Singles from the drop down menu at the top at any time! I am planning to keep that page updated throughout the week so anytime I post an outfit to Instagram it will also be on that page in front view form. I know things can look a lot different from the top vs. the front so hopefully that helps provide some useful fit perspective if you're considering a purchase.
And just in case I need to disclose my nepotism for legal reasons, I should be clear that this cute lady/my favorite blog designer also happens to be my niece:



I contacted her via her Design Inquiry page (rather than by text or email like a normal aunt would probably do) for this update and one of my favorite questions on her form was, "How did you hear about me?" I think my answer was something like, "Your dad is my brother so he called me when you were born to tell me I had a new niece!!!"

Outfit Inspiration
I try to give credit where credit is due when someone influences a big portion of an outfit I wear, and that's exactly the case for this outfit I shared on Instagram:

Tee: Old Navy "Marion Berry" / Blazer: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Kendra Scott "Emerald Cat's Eye" / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) / Bag: Tory Burch (Option)

Rachelle inspired this outfit with her looks below. She's been my blogging friend for almost two years and is constantly giving me new ideas for putting outfits together. We are finally going to meet in person when she comes to Southern California this month with some of the ladies in her Miami Squad, and it's probably the event I'm most excited about this holiday season!

Fitness Recap
Here's a quick recap of my workouts this week, continuing to build my routine around Cathe's STS program:

Saturday: Kickboxing + Martial Arts Class (Local Studio)
Sunday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday: STS Meso 1 Week 3 Legs (Amazon)
Tuesday: Cathe Step Blast & Step Jump Pump - Premix #6 + Abdominal Work (Amazon)
Wednesday: STS Meso 1 Week 3 Chest, Shoulders, Biceps (Amazon)
Thursday:  Dance class review and stretching (At home)
Friday: STS Meso 1 Week 3 Back, Triceps (Amazon)

Notes and modifications:
I think Cathe did about 152 push-ups total in this week's chest workout, and I did about a quarter of them. She has super human strength when it comes to push-ups and I do not, nor do I desire to achieve that level of strength and endurance. (152 is what it seemed like in my head, that number may be inflated or accurate, but I can't be bothered to go back and count the exact number.) 

Equipment Update:
In my continuing quest for improved flexibility (discussed here and here) I recently purchased a new item after it popped up on Amazon under "More Items to Consider" based on my browsing history there. It's this Stretch Out Strap:

It doesn't look like anything special since it's just a strap with some loop holes for your feet and hands, but wow, it is so effective! Well worth the $12 it cost! It helps me comfortably get a deeper, more effective stretch in a number of different positions. If you aren't sure how to use it or don't have your own stretch routine, the booklet that comes with it has plenty of detailed photos and instructions (with actual people...not the illustrated kind) on a variety of stretches you can do with this strap. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do when I bought it, but since it was only $12 I went for it anyway, and I'm really pleased with the purchase.
It's going to be a busy weekend here with a few holiday parties and events lined up. And I'm even styling my first client today! (Okay...actually I'm just helping my neighbor pick out an outfit for her holiday party but if you can't enjoy some embellishments during the holidays then when can you?) See you back here Tuesday with a follow-up on how some of my Black Friday purchases worked out...or not!

>






Shop the Post:









Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne /  Katie / Megan / Jessica / Lindsey / Amanda

CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. That's the highlight of my holiday season too, I'm so excited I'm counting days. Next Friday at this time I will be in Cali. Ok I'm a complete copy cat and I need that stretch strap, my flexibility is not that good :/

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite outfit this week is the last one with the zipper sweater and the turquoise! That stretching dvd sounds like something I could use and I'll check it out! Have a wonderful weekend and have fun picking out an outfit for your neighbor!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great as always! Love these outfits. Hope you have a great first client ;) That's pretty cool that she asked for your help though! Huge honor! I hope you can balance all the fun of the holidays with your to do list and enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful looks Gina! You always look beautiful & chic. I Love how you style your clothes. It's amazing and unique.
    Happy Weekend!
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  5. your style is really classy, love all of the look and i adore express!

    avec danielle | holiday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your neice has set up your blog with the outfit singles page. And I love the way you answered her form. That's pretty funny. But, it's so smart and user friendly. I get kind of excited when I see we have the same workout in our colleciton--Cathe's Step Blast/Step Jump and Pump. It's always been one of my favorites and the workout mixes make it so versatile. Cathe is super human. If you did 38 push-up (because I did the calculation), you're still impressive in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find your weekly workout recap so interesting/motivating! It would be interesting to see a day's worth of your meals. Maybe a 'What I Ate Wednesday?' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Thanks for the feedback! I have to tell you I honestly don't have the most exemplary diet so I'm not sure I want to subject it to public criticism by posting it here! I eat more sugar than I should and not as many fruits and vegetables as I should. However I'm a careful practitioner of portion control and that's how I control my weight. I will try to find a way to throw in some more food info though!

      Delete
  8. Good luck good luck good luck with all the holiday commitments! I find the holidays stressful too, and I appreciate hearing how you're doing in this hectic time.

    I am looking forward to your Black Friday purchase update. I ordered some stuff from Express online and it still hasn't arrived. Boo! Ha ha, I became temporarily obsessed with dressing like Jessica Jones after I binge-watched the show Thanksgiving weekend and I needed the perfect pair of light wash jeans, so that's what I ordered from Express. It will be so funny mixing them with all my dark winter items when they finally show up.

    I LOVE your front view Outfit Singles page. I think it's a fantastic addition to your site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! I had a LONG delay with one of my Black Friday orders too. I ordered it November 27 and didn't get it until December 9! They also didn't send me a shipping update for it so I was worried and ended up calling customer service. I think you should give them a call and see what's going on! That is an extremely long wait on your part! Hang in there for the last few weeks of the holidays...we'll get through. :)

      Delete
  9. I love how simple and easy it is to navigated on your blog! I especially love how simple but effective and well written your posts are :) absolutely love it! Can I just say your outfits are all so fabulous and your figure is amazing! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, thank you so much Lauren! You certainly know how to flatter me! I'm so glad you find the site easy to navigate and I REALLY appreciate the comments about my writing since that is absolutely my goal in writing here. Short and sweet and to the point! And thanks for the kind words about my outfits and figure!

      Delete
  10. I love all the handbags in your outfit pictures! Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you on the push-ups! I have had a double mastectomy followed by reconstruction, so my surgeon has advised me to skip chest work - but I try to do a couple push-ups and chest flies with super light weights just to keep my range of motion and a little strength. I can't even imagine doing the number that Cathe does.

    As always, outfits are great! Hope you enjoy meeting your blogger friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Kudos to you for keeping up your strength and workouts after a double mastectomy + reconstruction! I'd say that's more impressive than any number of push-ups Cathe can do!!

      Delete
  12. I cannot imagine doing that many push-ups! I love that first sweater and your grey and pink outfit. Rachelle is a great person to get inspiration from. I hope you all have a great time together! Good luck with your Christmas shopping. ;)

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I just LOL'd at your "how did you hear about my site" comment! You are the coolest aunt one could have. Just saying! And a stylish one at that! And you and Rachelle make me need cognac peep toe booties, dangit!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you don't have more done for Christmas. Hopefully you were able to catch up this past weekend. I bought the last gift on Saturday. It's the earliest I've ever been done. All of my baking is don't too. How much fun are you going to have with Rachelle visiting! You are building a nice collection of handbags. I love that gray one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfits. :) And I also love that your fitness schedule is so varied and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!