11/30/15

Sagittarius Style + Black Friday Buys

|
Even though everyone is in full-on holiday hullabaloo mode, I wouldn't want a Zodiac sign to get lost in the shuffle so I've got Sagittarius Style covered today. And you can also scroll to the end for a round-up of some of my (non-Express!) Black Friday shopping since a lot of the pieces are still on sale for Cyber Monday.

Sagittarius season runs November 22 - December 21 and there's one item that seems to be a must-have for the Sagittarius woman: the moto jacket. According to this article, Sagittarians, "are born entertainers" so I had a lot of famous ladies to choose from this month like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, and Katie Holmes. It wasn't hard to find outfits all of them with moto jackets, so I narrowed it down to a few women that represent age groups of 20s, 30s and 40s.

20s: Taylor Swift (December 13, 1989)

30s: Jenna Dewan (December 3, 1980)

40s: Lucy Liu (December 2, 1968)

Even though I'm an Aquarius, I'm a big fan of moto jackets myself and I enjoyed looking through the Sagittarius outfits to get some ideas for styling my own. Lucy Liu's outfits almost make me wish I wore more skirts and dresses!

For Cyber Monday at Express everything is 50% off (with free shipping on every order), making it a great time to grab some of my favorite moto jackets, like this one:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Bag: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar)

Here's the front view of the previous outfits, plus a few other ways I've worn this jacket:
ONE:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar)

TWO:
Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy (Similar)/ Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Shoes: Nordstrom

THREE:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Express (Similar)

Another one of my current favorite moto jackets is the Textured Knit Moto Jacket. Express comes it with one or two new colors of this each season and I keep collecting them because they're such an easy way to make even a simple t-shirt and jeans outfit look more polished.
ONE:
Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy (Similar) Jeans: Express (Similar)/ Shoes: Target (Similar) / Necklace: Express

TWO:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Target (Similar)/ Necklace: Stella & Dot

THREE:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Target / Skirt: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar) / Necklace: Express

I ended up ordering the Black and White version of this jacket (below) for 50% off on Black Friday, and the same deal is still going on for Cyber Monday today. I also ended up ordering the other pieces on my wishlist (shared here). I'm pretty sure the Barcelona cami will be a winner since they always seem to work for me (see this post), but the middle two items are more of a gamble.
I also got sucked into deals from a few other retailers on Black Friday and again, a lot of the deals are still on through today so if you want a preview of what might be coming up in future outfit posts, here's what I ordered:

Nordstrom & Nordstrom Rack:
Black Friday Buys Nordstrom
One ($30) / Two (15% off) / Three (Free Shipping)

I really want just one burgundy cardigan so I don't intend to keep both of the cardigans here. But I haven't seen them in person to know which one (if any!) will work best for me so I just wanted to order them while I could get the best deal and then decide which to keep once I try them.

Old Navy:
Black Friday Buys Old Navy
One /  Two  / Three

Nothing special here! Just some basic layering tees from Old Navy! I just wanted to take advantage of free shipping/no minimum since on some $6 shirts.

Shoes:
Black Friday Shoe buys


Grey Booties: Amazon / Leopard Booties: Macy's

They Grey Booties weren't on a Black Friday sale but Amazon had the best deal I could find and I've wanted a pair for awhile. As for the leopard booties....all of my blog/insta friends voted no to these! But I ordered them anyway because I've wanted leopard booties for two years and the good ones always seem to be over $100. These are under $50 and I really liked the pics of them that people have posted on Instagram, so I'll see how I like them in person before I decide whether to really defy my friends and keep them!

Thanks for sticking with me for an extra-long, double post today! Most likely I won't post again until my next Outfit/Fitness recap on Friday since I'm not sure there will be much for me to talk about before then!


P.S. If you're wondering about the style traits for your own sign, you can check out the last post about it here!

Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra / 

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Katie / Megan / Lindsey / Amanda / Tara / JoLynne

CONVERSATION

30 comments:

  1. Jenna Dewan has such great style! I love all of the looks you pinned! I'm also loving those grey booties!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I should totally add a moto jacket to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy Liu's outfits are killing it. I love Taylor Swift's style but could never pull off some of the things she wears haha.
    oh why did everyone say no to the leopard booties? you should have asked me, i would say yes. haha. just kidding, but i can't wait to see how you style them if you keep them. the grey booties are super cute, but i'm trying to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said no because the leopard print wasn't neutral enough - it has a lot of black in it, including the black back portion + heel. Next time I will ask you! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love Taylor's style and I love your knit moto jackets. I haven't made that purchase...yet. I feel like I lack the coolness factor. And all of those Kendra Scott earrings on sale at Nordstrom. Sigh. I'm trying to resist those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing looks! Love them all.
    Have a great week ahead Gina!
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great buys Gina! I'm loving the mink moto jacket, and can't wait for your thoughts on it. I also love the burgundy cardigan! The draped front is grabbing me in. I was so good this year. I only got that KS order ;) I wanted more re but just can't afford it at the moment. Hey, at least I got most of my Christmas shopping done! Now that's a miracle lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look really cute ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love my Express moto jacket! Those leopard booties are killer!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love seeing what stars are what signs, and I definitely LOVE moto jackets. The length and style is so wearable. I throw my faux leather one on all the time on the weekends. So many great sales today!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love this whole post hun! I love how you incorporated the astrology sign to the fashion :) I love taylor swift all black style :) I love express! They always have good quality clothes. Have a wonderful week hun. Xx


    Lots of love,
    Kayla Xx
    www.kaylasvibrations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The moto jacket is a great buy. I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All these sales killed me but that's mostly because I got all my presents. You will love the stripe cami :)

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Taylor Swift! She's been wearing a lot of black lately. I love that leather jacket on her!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that TS used her moto jacket so often and it's not one and done. I have been wanting leopard booties but something about them scares me so I haven't purchased a pair. Looking forward to your review of them.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went a little crazy Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping (for myself!) - but when can you get such great deals. I just got a new pair of short grey booties - and I love them - just not sure about the price. Love the black/white moto jacket you picked up.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been thinking of getting the moto jacket from Express a while now. Since you have three of them, you have convince me to get it. Will try after I have purchase all the xmas gifts.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like I should be a sagittarius because this is my style!! I love all of these looks so much. Great picks for Black Friday and I can't wait wait to see your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had me at "Taylor Swift." Ha! Your astrology posts always make me feel like I need to brush up on my celebrity style knowledge! I love how you effortlessly find trends in what each sign wears!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the idea of this post--celebrities & sales!! Super cute! xo
    http://publiclivessecretrecipes.com/2015/12/holiday-wish-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I clearly need to be a Sagittarius! This style looks so much like what I wear when I am not at work! I love the edgier vibes of their sign. You are totally rocking the edgier vibes as well, and I really need that burgundy jacket from Express!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent collection of outfits. All the looks are great!

    Adi
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those textured moto jackets are my favorite thing you own. I absolutely LOVE the black one I got when the store was 50% off. No luck finding the burgundy but if I see it, I'm snagging it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your taupe jacket and leopard booties! You will wear those so much!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I love those leopard booties. Those are the ones in your instagram picture yesterday, correct? I have had leopard booties on my list for a while, but like you, I don't want to spend too much. Target had a pair that I would look at every time I went in. They are probably gone now. I think burgundy is your color for fall/winter. And thanks for all of the ideas for my moto jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love all of these looks! Express is on point with the jacket selection they have.

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Lucy Liu,and her style is very sophisticated! I did very little shopping during Black Friday week but did manage to get a couple of things! Those leopard booties are on my radar!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm definitely the girl in the Moto jacket! Where is my motorcycle to ride around the world?! Lol Taylor Swift is my favorite Sagittarius style. Loved this post!

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!