11/27/15

Outfits + Fitness Recap 11/27/15

|
Just a very simple fitness and outfit recap today so we can all spend time with friends and family instead of being glued to the computer for too long! The storewide 50% off + Free Shipping is still going on until noon at Express today so if you want a few more suggestions for tried-and-true products there you can check out my Must-Have Poll, Top Outfits or my picks from the Labor Day Sale.

Outfit Recap
Jacket: Express (Current Version) / Tank: Last Call (Similar) / Jeans: Nordstom / Short Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Long Pendant: Express / Bag: Express (Similar) / Ring: Target / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express (Similar) / Booties: Express

Neutral Cardigan + White Cami + Black Jeans
Sweater: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Target (Similar) / Ring: Kendra Scott / Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar)


Jacket: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Tee: Express / Jeans: Express / Bag: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar)


Sweater: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Booties: Target (Similar) / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Bag: Amazon

Front View:
Outfit three looks a little different from the front because I accidentally forgot to take my indoor photo with the jacket that I was wearing in my outdoor/top-down photo. I didn't feel like getting re-dressed for a re-take, but you can see how the jacket looks from the front in several of my front-view single pictures on this page.

Fitness Recap
This week I started up my favorite weight training series again, Cathe's STS program. It's a 36-disc series for 12 weeks of weights workouts.
Image Source

Here's a breakdown of what I did each day:

Saturday: Cardio Kickboxing (local studio)
Sunday: Dance Class (local studio)
Monday: Cathe STS Meso 1 Week 1 Legs (Amazon)
Tuesday: Amy Bento Kickbox Xtreme Combos 1-3 (Amazon) + Amy Bento Hi Lo Knockout Ab Section (Amazon)
Wednesday: Cathe STS Meso 1 Week 1 Chest, Shoulders, Biceps (Amazon)
Thursday: Amy Bento Kickbox Xtreme Combos 3-5 (Amazon)
Friday: Cathe STS Meso 1 Week 1 Back, Triceps (Amazon)

The weights workouts this week all run around 50 minutes so I didn't have to do a lot of modifying other than substituting dumbbells for any barbell work. Later in the series there are some longer workouts and I always skip a few exercises to keep the time in the 45-50 minute range. I tend to lose interest and momentum after that long!

If you've done any of Cathe's workouts, you'll notice she almost always says something like, "You might want to have a notebook handy to keep track of what weights you used." Per her suggestion, I have a spiral notebook filled with print-outs of Excel spreadsheets for each of my weights workouts, like this one for the leg workout I did this week:


My notebook is a critical element for me to have an effective strength workout. I might be able to do 20 lb. bicep curls for 12 reps in one workout, but not for 21 reps in another workout and there's no way I can recall what I do in each workout without something written down. Some of Cathe's workouts have printouts available (here), but there are plenty of others I just had to create myself. If you have one of her workouts that I own and want the Excel spreadsheet for it, shoot me an email and I'd be happy to share!

* * *
I'm planning to post on Monday/Friday next week since I have my Sagittarius Style post ready to go and there might be a good Cyber Monday deal on the Sagittarius signature item. So I hope you'll check back then, and in the meantime enjoy your holiday weekend and all the Black Friday shopping deals! And don't forget to enter the Tory Burch/iPad/Coach Giveaway here if you'd like to win a little something for yourself this season!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci / JoLynne /  Katie / Megan / Amanda / Tara

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. I really like the STS too, but I only have the total body workout. You know I love your outfits because I have 80% of these pieces lol. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looks Gina!! You always dress very nice. Comfy yet chic!
    And keep it up with the workouts.
    Happy Weekend beautiful!
    Xox, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great white tee. I swear, I have a hard time finding one that is to my specific liking but you wouldn't think it would be that hard. I need to work out after all the eating I have done... sheesh. Hope you had a great holiday!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll never tire of saying you absolutely rock cool, casual wear Gina!! Just look at those sweater outfits and the leather jacket. Love them. Also enjoyed your fitness recap. I have lots of home workouts but have never owned or done Cathe's program. May look into it, strength training is always a good idea. Happy Thanksgiving. xoxo, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  5. That STS workout series sounds great! Another one I need to check out. I need something new!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pink satchel / bag is to die for, I love it! Also well done with your dedication to your fitness routine, you look amazing as a result.
    Talia
    DrShopCook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love all these outfit! The necklaces are all so beautiful in each picture! you have so much dedication with you fitness routine! makes me want to go to to start at it :)

    Lots of love,
    Kayla <3 Xx
    www.kaylasvibrations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously, i have been meaning to do the notebook thing for ages. sometimes i record it on my phone, but more often than not i forget. good idea, and i like the way you did it. hope you had a good thanksgiving weekend girl - well, besides last night of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I literally JUST started the STS series yesterday! This will help me keep on track... I should always be a week behind you. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh perfect! Glad we can do this "together." I don't make too many modifications in the first two mesocycles of the program but I'll try to remember to note them here if I do. Is this your first time doing the program?

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!