10/20/15

Outfit Planning: 4+ Ways to Wear Taupe Booties

|
Today's piece for my Outfit Planning series really took me by surprise. I bought these taupe booties on a whim after seeing similar (and usually more expensive!) pairs on various fall favorites lists, but I didn't know exactly how they would work into my outfits. Well.....Hello, McFly! They go with everything! Or at least they go with the wardrobe basics that I tend to favor!

1. Taupe Booties with Black Skinny Jeans:

I shared two outfits with these booties on Instagram over the weekend, including this one:
Sweater: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Booties: Express / Bag: Express / Ring: Target / Nails: Chanel "Taboo" (gift from Rachelle)

I was primarily inspired by the look on the far left below, but generally I don't think I would have thought to pair these booties with black skinnies on my own without some influence from Pinterest:
Sources: One / Two / Three / Four


2. Taupe Booties with White Skinny Jeans:

My love for white jeans doesn't change with the seasons, so hooray for another footwear option for cooler days:
Jacket: Express (Similar)/  Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Jeans: Express / Booties: Express / Ring: Target / Bag: Tory Burch


3. Taupe Booties with a Skirt

My top-down selfie for this look isn't post-worthy, but you but you can see the front view of my outfit option for this look under "Front View" below. In the meantime, here's some other color pairing inspiration for taupe booties and a skirt:
Original Pins: Olive Skirt / White Skirt / Pink Skirt / Striped Skirt / 


4. Taupe Booties with Jeans/Jean Shorts

I had originally planned to wear these booties with regular blue jeans and got as far as putting the outfit on:
Top: ExpressNecklace: Kendra ScottJeans: Express / Booties: ExpressWatch: FossilBracelets: Express / Sunglasses: LOFT

But the day was warmer than expected so I improvised and changed to shorts, and ended up wearing and sharing this outfit on Instagram over the weekend:
Top: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Booties: Express / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express

PSA: Pinterest is confused about the difference between "Shorts with Booties" and "Bootie Shorts." If you search the former, you get a lot of the latter. And quite a lot of booties with bootie shorts too!

Front View:
And finally here's how it all looks from the traditional POV:

Details for Outfit Three with Skirt:
Jacket: Express / Tank: Target / Necklace: Express / Skirt: Express (Similar) / Booties: Express


Footwear Fit Notes:
I thought it might be helpful to add a little info on sizing and quality of the Express booties I'm wearing in this post. Normally I vary between a size 7 or 7.5 shoe. Express shoes mostly come in whole sizes, so I ordered a 7 in these and they fit perfectly. They're fairly comfortable, although I haven't tried walking long distances in them. (But...if I were doing that I'd be wearing sneakers anyway!) They don't have any padding on the foot bed, so I added an insole for extra comfort. I think the quality is similar to Target, Jessica Simpson, or Sole Society shoes. Not quite as nice as some of my "nicer" shoes, e.g. Sam Edelman or Dolce Vita, but they're priced accordingly.


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
 Lindsey / Erin / Lindsey / Amanda / Tara /  ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne

CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. you styled them perfectly and they look great with plaid too. I wore my taupe pair so often last year.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those taupe boots are so versatile! I love them styled with skirts and shorts!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I could never get into the bootie trend. I feel like I should since I have shorter legs and they would elongate them, but I can't find any pairs that I like! I do like how these outfits look on you though so maybe I'll give express a try :) It doesn't help that I hate anything with heels and try to avoid it, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you styled all of this looks! LOVE taupe booties!

    xx,
    EE
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not live without my neutral booties, so I'm glad that you found a pair that worked for you! They are a great option! And I still always love seeing you in that ruched skirt! <3
    Carylee | More Pieces of Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's official, I need boots this color! Love all of your outfits!

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need taupe booties like yesterday! I have cognac, but they are quite a contrast. They are a very vibrant cognac shall we say? You've seen them! I also have black from target but I've never worn them (tgat needs to change). But I think taupe is the perfect in between so next time I can, I think I'll order these! You look fabulous in them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS... If there are spelling mistakes, it's because I'm on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the booties with the white jeans and blue jacket! Too bad my temps are past shorts weather because that look is super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I needed this inspiration. I bought a pair of taupe booties and love seeing the different ways to wear them. I'm most inspired by how you brought a pair of white jeans into fall by adding the boots. I need to try this. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looks, all well styled! I love booties but never feel right wearing them with dresses or skirts, you have made is all look so good I will have to try it again.
    Talia
    www.drshopcook.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been loving my taupe booties this season! The Express ones are very similar to the Sam Edelman variety I and every other blogger seem to have! The SE boots don't have any padding either. Even with a gel insole, my feet after a few hours of being on my feet. I like the outfits you styled here! They look unexpected great with your denim shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! All of the looks are fabulous but I especially love the booties with the skirts. So cute!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh love this post! i have a pair of similar booties and i struggle with how to wear them, and you just gave me a ton of ideas. i lol'd at the booty shorts. let me tell you the first time i heard that term, i held up a pair of shorts to my friend and said 'these are cute!' and she was like 'they are booty shorts' and i was like wtf are booty shorts. pretty self explanatory, but i'd never heard the term before. needless to say.. i didn't buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love taupe booties, i have one pair of this!!! they are so versatile...thanks for all this inspirations...wonderful post
    a big kiss
    http.//www.sweetbea.it

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all great outfits! I just got some taupe booties and cannot wait to use some of these looks as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you have joined the boot club! I have a serious problem. They do just go with everything! Love al the ways you styled them.

    Amy Ann
    Straightastyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those booties can do no wrong!! I love all of the looks. One of my favorite ways to wear my lighter brown booties is to do an all black look [black jeans, white top with my black leather jacker] then I add a pop of color with a scarf. Its my go-to for a night out or casual day look. I love the texture that these booties give your looks too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank your for some outfit inspiration for my Taupe Booties! Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for all the outfit ideas and I agree with you, taupe booties are so versatile! I wear mine way too often probably, but they really are a perfect go-to shoe.

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like these booties are a closet staple! I just bought some taupe booties from Target and I am in love with them.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful booties! I absolutely love them. Great outfits!!
    Xox, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I believe I love the boots most with darker colors..it has that neutral appeal that works great with colors such as blacks, whites, grey, white and olive! Love how you've been styling yours girl!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!