9/10/15

Summer to Fall Outfit Inspiration

|
I know some people say they're not birthday people and don't care to celebrate or make a "thing" out of their day, but if you're friends with me you just have to accept that I'm going to acknowledge your birthday one way or another. Today is Rachelle's birthday, and when we met through blogging over a year ago we became fast friends thanks to our shared (Express) shopping habits. She continues to be one of my favorites follow for outfit ideas and she's not getting out of a birthday celebration post!

One of my favorite outfits from summer was this one inspired by Rachelle:
Top: Express / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Necklace: Express / Belt: GAP / Shoes: Nordstrom (Similar) / Bracelet: Stella & Dot (Similar) / Bag: Forever 21 (Similar)

And here's a side-by-side with her original version:
Rachelle's Original Post: Here

I know a lot of us are thinking about building our fall wardrobes since summer is on the way out (according to the calendar if not the weather) and every fall I look forward to Rachelle's outfit inspiration sets. In her Fall 2013 Set she put together 20 different outfits using the 20 fall wardrobe staples shown below. They're all classic pieces that still work two years later. If you're a capsule wardrobe kind of person this would be a great place to start for a fall shopping list, and you can click through to her post to see the 20 different outfits she created with these items.
Fall capsule wardrobe


A couple of my favorite outfits from last fall (that I'm sure I'll wear again this fall) were inspired by Rachelle's 2014 Fall Outfit Planning:

ONE:
Jacket: Express / Tank: Target / Necklace: Express (Identical) / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Nordstrom

TWO:
 Top: Express (Current) / Jeans: ExpressBelt: Express / Shoes: NordstromBracelet: Express  (Similar) / Necklace: (Similar) /

I browsed through the Pinksole Source Page (which displays everything that's been pinned from her blog) and found lots of other Fall Fashion inspiration that I started pinning to my own boards. I was planning to wear one of her fall outfit ideas this week but we're in the midst of a major heatwave, so I used her recent Instagram flatlay post for inspiration instead:

Top Down with Details (down to the bag she and Carylee finally convinced me to get!):
Express Barcelona Cami, Jean Shorts, Tory Burch Kerrington Ocelot
Top: Express / Necklace: Express / Bag: Bluefly / Ring: ExpressShorts: Target (Similar) / Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) / Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gifted, Similar)

So really, the point of this whole post is just to say Happy Birthday Rachelle! Thanks for being a great friend and a constant source of fashion inspiration!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Tara / Amanda /  JoLynne /  ErikaAndrea and Narci / Bri

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. You and Caryl are going to make me cry, I also want to print out your post and put it up in my room. You guys are the sweetest ever, you inspire you me everyday as well and you two are my favorite "things" in the blogging world. Now I'm even more excited if that's possible to meet you in December. Thank you a trillion times, I feel very blessed to have you in my life.

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle has amazing style! I love your recreation of her flatlay! That cami is such a pretty color!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you always have a special post for your friends' birthdays. So sweet and I love seeing you use their looks as inspiration! Love everything you tried..Rachelle has some good style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet to share this post for Rachelle's birthday - she is one stylish lady! Love your recreation of her flatlay!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. people who don't like birthdays are weird! jk. i love how you shout out and celebrate your friends birthdays - you're such a good friend :)
    i love a good capsule wardrobe post so i'm off to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Rachelle! She inpires me as well and is super supportive and sweet. I'm glad you got that leopard bag. I was considering getting it as well, but I already have 2 leopard purses. I keep thinking about that wine colored chain bag though....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post for your friend birthday, happy birthday Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. So incredibly sweet :) I wisged her a happy birthday on SC (a private one since I currently sound like a mouse) but it's so cool how we have a friend that we feel a kindred spirit with all the way across the country. It's anazing! So again, happy bday rachelle if you see this too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great way to honor a friend! You are awesome Gina! Rachelle does have amazing style and I love her 20 looks post as well! She definitely was my inspiration and encouragement to start blogging and really was instrumental in helping me launching my page! HBD Rachelle! So jealous you guys will be meeting up in Dec, I want to come! LOL

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you pulled off all her looks so well!! She definitely has a great way of putting things together :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your style is just amazing!! I seriously want all your tops collection.
    Xox, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Rachell's style too! You always share chic outfit ideas and that Tory bag is to die for!

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!