9/25/15

Outfits on the Daily 9/25/15

|
Just another round of regularly scheduled Friday fluff today. Up first I have my Instagram outfit recap with my four favorite outfits of the week. I also brought back Snapchat Trends for the second week, so here we go!

Outfit Recap:

As Seen on Instagram:
Express Olive Cardigan, Black Barcelona Cami, Gold Tassel Necklace, White Jeans, Leopard Wedge Pumps
Sweater: Express /Top: ExpressNecklace: Purple Peridot / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society


Express Striped Barcelona Cami, Olive Cargo Skinnies, Fossil Gold Chelsey Watch
Top: Express / Necklace: Express / Olive Pants: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: LOFT / Sunglasses: Nordstrom . Nails: Essie "Leggy Legend"


Express French Terry Moto Jacket Outfit, Converse, Baseball Hat
Jacket: Express / Tank: Target / Shorts: Target (Similar) / Hat: Target / Shoes: Nordstrom / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar)


Express Feather Print Barcelona Cami Outfit, Jean Shorts, Wine Crossbody Bag
Top: Express / Necklace: CCO (Similar) / Bag: ExpressShorts: Target / Sandals: Target (Similar) / Ring: Express / Turquoise Bead Bracelet: Express / Stretch Bracelet Set: Express

Front View:


Snapchat Trends:

Here are the top things I saw multiple times in Snapchat Stories this week:

1. Pumpkin EVERYTHING
Image Source

Snapchat was seriously pumpkin-palooza this week! If you saw pumpkins at the grocery store or bought a Pumpkin Spice candle, body wash, coffee mug or baked pumpkin cookies or muffins, you probably shared it on Snapchat. The more pumpkins the merrier and the bigger the better!

I played along with this trend when I tried out the Archer Farms Pumpkin Monster Trail Mix from Target:
Target Archer Farms Pumpkin Spice Monster Trail Mix

For me this was a winner. They also had a Candy Corn trail mix next to it and I ended up trying that one too. The problem with that one was that I liked everything in it (especially the yogurt covered pretzel balls) except the candy corn! I didn't think the candy corn played well with the other stuff in the mix, and it was too hard and chewy. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having Candy Corn Trail Mix!


2. Fitting Room Feedback

I didn't hit up any fitting rooms this week, but lots of people did and gave their Snapchat friends a chance to vote Yes or No on items they were trying. I have done this once before and it's such a nice way to get quick, unbiased feedback!

My Fitting Room Snap: Top: Express / Jean Shorts: Guess / Necklace: Old Navy

3. Pets & Babies

Actually I don't think this is a trend as much as it is a Snapchat Staple. Pets and Babies are all over Snapchat, and since I don't have either one I have to sit this one out.


4. Sunday Shooting
Spotted in San Francisco: Photoshoot, probably a blogger

Thanks to Snapchat I've learned that approximately seven out of ten bloggers I follow take all of their pictures for the week on Sunday morning. But they call it shooting, (e.g. "Just got done shooting for the week with my BFF blogger Ascots and Avocados!"), and where I'm from that means something else. So it took me a hot minute to figure out they are not all marksmen. And bonus Trend Points this week for complaining about being hot while shooting Fall looks in the heat!

That wraps it up for me today so have a great weekend and see you back on Tuesday!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci / JoLynne 

CONVERSATION

31 comments:

  1. We must follow different people I didn't see much of that on snap. Can I say I just love all the new barcelona camis, they are just so pretty.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I look at the Barcelona cami selections they have a new color or print that I want. It's terrible for my budget!

      Delete
  2. Hahhaha just picturing you reading a snap saying they got done shooting and thinking of THAT type of shooting is hilarious. I never even thought of it that way! I love that feather cami on you..the colors are so gorgeous and fun! And I was definitely guilty of posting my pumpkin finds from TJ's this week. Guess I'm that basic girl ;) Have a great weekend Gina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you in basic-ville. I do actually love pumpkin stuff...I'm just trying not to show it TOO much!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha to the shooting! And still loving your new Barcelona. It's so tempting!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it! I think you would too. :)

      Delete
  4. Pumpkin Spice Monster Mix?! Yum! I'm definitely picking that up! Have a great weekend Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it! It's been a hit at my house.

      Delete
  5. I missed that feather cami on Instagram. I love it! The colors are just gorgeous. Have a great weekend, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your black and olive combo. I want you to know I have been trying to take outfit selfies and continue to fail miserably. Every time I try, I think "How does Gina do this and get everything so clear and in focus?!?!" Seriously, I do not get it. Pumpkin tampons? I don't even have words.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, those are not real tampons. :) They just made me LOL because it does seem like there is pumpkin spice EVERYTHING.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE that sweater in your first look. too cute! Have a good weekend!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pumpkin tampons made me laugh. I tried the pumpkin spice Extra gum and didn't get past the first stick. Some things should remain pumpkin free. Coffee, baked goods and trail mix are the exclusions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was torn between the pumpkin spice tampax and pumpkin spice Chipotle Burrito. You can see which one won out. :)

      Delete
  9. Pumpkin spice really does seem to be everywhere haha! I love that long turquoise necklace in one of your outfits too. Lovely post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my word, when you said 'shooting' and then the picture, for a second i was like is Gina really sharing a picture of someone shooting someone else on her blog?! hahahaha. omg the pumpkin spice tampax, i almost spat out my blizzard, which by the way is not pumpkin flavoured. i basically only snap my cats. I dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back when I had the time, I used to take all my outfit photos on one day (Saturday or Sunday) but I never called it "shooting"! My husband and I occasionally go to a gun range and do actual shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them all! I super love your sense of style. So perfect
    Xox, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahaha, I really am laughing Gina! Shooting means something else where I'm from. Lmao! So true! I personally can't stand the term. Unless you're gigi hadid or Heidi Klum, I can't really understand that term. I just ask Nate to take my outfit photos or blog pics. That sounds more real to me but that's just my opinion. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! My husband worked as a videographer and he would always be "shooting" so I have gotten used to the lingo - but love your reference. Your first look with the olive cardi and white jeans is my favorite. Have a great weekend, Gina!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like all these outfits very much. My favorite is the one with a black top and olive sweater. Love that necklace, too! Have a great weekend!

    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love that sweater from your IG post, I have a feeling that it will be yet another purchase influenced by you haha :) I'm really not into the whole pumpkin-spice craze, probably because I didn't grow up in the US, but my husband is obsessed with everything that has anything to do with pumpkin :)

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the olive sweater! I don't know which I love more your cami or portofino collection!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. hy darling i love this post, i like so much the feather cami and i'm obsessed with pumpkin:)))
    nice post!
    a big kiss
    http://www.sweetbea.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pumpkin truly is everywhere! But I love this time of year!
    -Hannah
    www.sweeterthanserenity.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. pumpkin tampons LOL! I love every single one of your outfits, seriously. I need some white jeans, just saying.

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the feather cami. As for the outfit shooting on weekends, they do it only in the weekends, nothing during the week?

    Cracking up on the pumpkin tampons, now I have seen and read everything lol.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!