9/6/15

Labor Day Sale Purchases and Insta Outfits

|
Today is the last day of the Labor Day sale and since I shared what my friends and I planned to get during the sale (here), I wanted to follow up post today with our Express Sale hauls so you can find out what we actually bought over the weekend while there's still time to take advantage of the 40% off prices.

Also, I bumped my outfit recap due to the sale kickoff last week so I'll start with that today since all of the tops and jeans I'm wearing are part of the sale!

As Seen on Instagram:

Top: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Shoes: Lord & Taylor / Bracelet: Stella & Dot / Bag: Amazon / Nails: Essie "Blanc"


Sweater: Express / Top: Express / Shorts: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Old Navy (Option) / Sandals: Nordstrom (Similar) / Bracelet: Banana Republic (Similar, Gift from Carylee) /


Top: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Bracelet: Stella & Dot / Bag: Express / Ring: Express / Shoes: Calvin Klein (Similar)

Jacket: Express / Tank: Old Navy / Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Shorts: J Crew (Similar) / Sunglasses: Forever 21 (Similar) / Sandals: Target (Similar)

Front View:

Sale Plans vs. Purchases:
Last week five of us shared our sale wishlists, but once the exact sale details were out, plans changed a bit! I checked in with everyone to see what they really ended up getting at Express this weekend, and here's a quick breakdown.

Carylee:
Carylee is doing a full recap of her Labor Day weekend shopping haul on her blog today, so you can check out all of her sale purchases here! I won't spoil too much for you, but she did get one of everyone's favorite wishlist items and it's going to be a great piece for fall.

Rachelle:
Rachelle picked up three items off her wishlist (first three items) plus the Feather Print Barcelona and a pair of girlfriend jeans. And if you follow her on Instagram or Snapchat (@pinksole_rach) you already got to see how she styled her Berry Plaid shirt in an OOTD.


Skye:
After trying on or checking out all of her wishlist items in store, Skye decided that none of them were quite right for her. She had also just picked up a few things there the weekend prior (like her Diamond Print Portofino), so as of Sunday, she was sitting out the Labor Day Sale.
Complete Outfit Details: Here

Erin:


Erin mostly stuck to her sale plan of buying "all the Barcelona Camis" from the sale...but one little extra item from my wishlist ended up in her final shopping cart, too!
Express Labor Day Sales Purchases 2
Barcelona Cami in Berry, Ink BlueFeather Print / Leopard Clutch



Gina:
I stuck pretty close to my wishlist with my purchases, and the fact that jackets weren't included in the sale kept me from purchasing the Berry Moto Jacket this time around.
Express Labor Day Sale Buys 4


Olive Cover Up / Wine Suede Bag /Leopard Clutch /Wild Orchid Cami / Pavé Coil Ring / Pavé Turnlock Cuff BraceletFeather Print Cami

I popped in store on Friday to check a few things in person, but my store didn't have the Feather Print or the Wild Orchid Barcelona Cami for me to see. So I ended up ordering them, but Rachelle saw them both and said that the color on the reverse side of the Feather Print is very similar to Wild Orchid. I didn't notice that before I purchased them, so I may end up returning the Wild Orchid when all is said and done. I lined them up below for comparison and I think she has a point.


Barcelona Cami Options

 Feather Print / Reverse side of Feather PrintWild Orchid / Wild Orchid

What's interesting is that the product label of the Feather Print says the reverse side is "Berry." Yet the Barcelona Cami on the far right above is "Berry" and it looks nothing like the "Berry" side of the Feather print. So confusing!

The in-store visit also prompted me to get the Pavé Turnlock Cuff Bracelet. I probably wouldn't have given it a second look online, but in person it's so sparkly and fun that I knew I wanted to wear it right away for my next night out. (The bracelets in the background of this picture are the same one I'm wearing and you can see just how sparkly they are in the right lighting!)
Express pave turnlock glitter bracelet

And since jewelry was Buy One, Get One 50% off, it only made sense to get another piece. My store didn't have the ring I had on my wishlist so I opted for the Pavé Coil Ring. And coincidentally, I ran into Noelle in store!  We had an impromptu shopping session and she ended up getting the same ring!

In the wishlist post, three of us picked out a tassel necklace but none of us ended up getting it. That was another piece I checked out in store and for me, it was just too heavy and rigid. It didn't quite fall the way I hoped it would. 


I realize my posting schedule has been a little unpredictable lately! I'm really just going with the flow of what fits in my real-life schedule for now. This week I'll post Monday/Thursday/Friday, and next week I'm planning get back to my slightly-more-normal Tuesday/Friday routine! Thanks for sticking with me!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Lindsey / Tara / JoLynne / Rachelle /  Charnele / Carylee / Jenna / Katie

CONVERSATION

25 comments:

  1. Well, perhaps it's because berries come in all shades of that wine color! Ha! And oh! I can't wait to see Rachelle in those GF jeans because I really wasn't a fan of them on me. I am a little jealous they didn't work out. It's nice to see what everyone bought compared to what their wish list was! I think I would not have strayed as far from my list if the 40% off applied to the entire store! Thanks for the recap and shout out!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're smart to hold off on the berry moto jacket--although it will look fantastic on you. I've made non-sale purchases before out of excitement or fear that it will go out of stock, only to regret it later. I really like the feather print cami and can't wait to see how you style it. And I personally don't mind the not-a-schedule. It's like a little bit of suspense and surprise each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow shorts with the striped top is such a cute look! I did not get anything at the sale yet, but there is still today! I love that feather print cami!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks up from the sale! I will be doing some shopping today! You look lovely.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how most of you got the feather cami :) It looks so pretty! I'm really happy with the one I got (bold floral with black on the reverse side) and some other goodies ! I had to return a dress to another store and ended up saving money by getting 3 of the items in the sale..such a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts about what everyone got at express! It's like shopping with friends 😀 thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! It's fun for me to put these together (because I genuinely want to know what they got!) so I'm glad you enjoyed as well!

      Delete
  7. Gina--so funny--I was literally thinking of you as I was giving ALL my money to Express this weekend ha!! So many great sales--and you have totally got me hooked on Barcelona camis--scooped so many up at 40% off!!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun to see what everyone else got, those GF were a nice surprise for me as I wasn't planning on getting jeans. My friend gifted me a skirt from Express I love, I have to show you.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you get your outfits to look so neat and polished without a wrinkle in sight?! I treated myself to a couple of Express items this weekend as well. I finally got my Barcelona cami. I chose the cloud print one but may change my mind and exchange it for another one. Too many to choose from! Enjoy your long weekend, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to see that other people change their minds in store too. I looked for the tassel necklace, but there weren't any in store. They also didn't have the Portofino in licorice (dark gray) in store, but ordered it for me. I tried on a few printed ones, but couldn't commit, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that feather print cami is so cute! I got the burnt orange colored portofino for the sale, I had to have some serious self control!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous pieces! I love your sense of style and elegance. Pure sophistication and simplicity

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that gorgeous pave cuff bracelet! Come join this GIVEAWAY I am hosting at the blog for THE KEWL SHOP where a $150 dress value is at stake from Sept. 7-12!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the insta roundup, all so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. go with the flow is the way to go :)
    that cuff is so pretty and sparkly! i almost bought the navy striped portofino that i have been coveting for like a year, it always seems to be out of stock when i look for it.. and i went to order it.. and it was out of stock in my size only. rage. i checked my local store, no dice. one day it will be mine. maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great round-up. I did just a minimal amount of labor day shopping - but picked up a few fall essentials - sweaters and plaid!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! The camis are so popular! I'm very happy I finally have one in navy to pair with grey and camel. I love the rings I got too, and wore them this weekend. So fun and great for mixing with other things. It was so good to shop with you for a few minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally meant to go shopping at Express and just did not get around to buying anything from there! Argghh I hate when that happens! Totally missed my chance! I am loving your roundups, as I always do! That pink on you is always my favorite!!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always Black Friday! At this point that's only a couple of months away!

      Delete
  19. You make white jeans look so easy! I love that olive top too. Looks like you got some great things! It's always nice when you can wait for a sale and check a few things off.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhh...life happen and I didn't get to buy anything for Labor Day weekend. Hopefully some of my wishlist items will become available in another sale. I'm seriously wanting some oversized plaid shirt.

    As for busy schedules, I'm still stuck in that tunnel again lol. Now that I can't access the blog/site in the morning, I have to do it late in the afternoon or night. So yeah, I understand where you coming from, and I still be checking up on you.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that green Express top! I just came from the Hello Monday link-up
    You should come link up over at my style & beauty link up! The Style Files Link-Up

    ReplyDelete
  22. I ordered the feather print as well and can't wait to wear it under my work blazers. I am drooling over that cuff!!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!