9/4/15

Express Labor Day Sale Favorites 9/4/15

|
Okay! The Express Labor Day Sale announcement is here! It's not the storewide sale that we hoped for (which will definitely influence which items from my wishlist I end up purchasing), but it's still a good one and I'm excited to get a few things. Here's the deal:

Express Labor Day Sale Best items

Since it's Friday Favorites today, I'm sharing my favorites in each sale category today instead of my usual outfit recap, but I'll catch up on those next week.

Favorite Tops: 

1. Barcelona Cami
I think I am going to make it official and say that the Barcelona Cami (like these) is officially my favorite top now, replacing my former favorite, the Portofino shirt. I just feel like it has more layering and accessorizing options year round. You can see my full Barcelona collection in this post, but here are a few solid-color staples:
Express Barcelona Cami Outfits
All colors and prints here


2. Portofino Shirt

My second favorite top is the Portofino Shirt, and I probably won't purchase any more myself during this sale since I already have a full rainbow as I shared in this post.
Express Portofino Shirt Outfits
All colors and prints here

Occasionally when people are new to shopping at Express or just new to Portofino shirts they'll ask my opinion on which color they should get first. My answer for this is the same as it was for the Barcelona Cami (this post): White.

Express White Portofino Shirt Outfits
White Portofino Shirt: Express

Of course if there's no right answer and I don't think you can go wrong with a color you love. But I get a lot of use out of my white Portofino year round. I also get asked if I wear a cami underneath it and the answer is no, I don't. It's moderately sheer and your preference may vary, but I am content with just a nude bra. Specifically this one from GAP in New Nude (also currently 40% off). 


Favorite Jeans:

I shared all of my favorite jeans this post, but here's a quick recap of four of my basic staples:
Express Jeans outfits
 Mid Rise Dark Jeans / Mid-Rise White JeansMid-Rise Grey Jeans / Mid Rise Black Jeans 


Favorite Accessories:

The sale announcement didn't specify that accessories are included in the sale, but I just checked and it looks like handbag Which means the leopard clutch will be mine in no time!

Favorite Sweater:

Again, they didn't mention this in the promo email but sweaters (I guess they are tops?) are also included in the promotion, like my favorite Cascading Cover Up:
Neutral and Charcoal Here / White Here

Favorite Dresses:

Just kidding! I don't wear dresses unless there's a wedding or holiday party involved.  I'll leave you to browse that section on your own. Noelle just picked up one she really liked there so if you follow her blog or Instagram you'll probably see it soon!

Not Included in the Sale:

Sadly, jackets are not included so I know I won't be picking up the Berry Moto Jacket from my Wishlist this time around. Pants (like Editor and Columnist pants), Leggings, Shorts, Skirts and Jewelry are also not part of the 40% off sale, although Jewelry is Buy One, Get One for 50% off.

Now I'm off to shop the sale, so I'll share what I ordered next week and I can't wait to hear what you all get!


Shop the Post:


Linking up with:
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Lindsey / Tara / JoLynne / Rachelle / CharneleCarylee / JennaKatie / 

CONVERSATION

19 comments:

  1. Wait, I am seriously dying over that sweater in all of the colors! (I'm such a sweater girl.) I do the same thing! If I like something, I get in the rest of the colors I like haha :)

    StyledbyBlondie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I'm happy they limited the sale, less things for me to be lusting over lol. We have to chat later to compare notes.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get that cascading cover-up and a striped barcelona cami! Thanks for sharing your sale fav's!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barcelona and Portofino are finally going to be mine! Can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your tempting sale posts! I'm surprised jackets are included since fall is just around the corner.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ordered a few things. Eek! I bought a few things last week, so I had to restrain myself. Do you find their jeans to be sizing consistent within the same style? I just got some mid rise skinnies and was going to order another color, but I wasn't sure if they would fit the same. I had to size down which was weird for me in a skinny fit. Oh well, it's not like I couldn't exchange for the right size at the store which is like 10 minutes from my house! Duh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only jeans I own that are sized differently are the Extreme Stretch jean leggings. Those run small and are mega-tight (like painted on leggings) if I get my regular size. Other than that, every single pair of my jeans from Express run the same! BTW, I believe Express offers free return shipping now! Sometimes my store doesn't have the size I want for an exchange anyway.

      Delete
  7. I am actually pretty bummed with the sale! The number one thing on my wishlist (a skirt) is not included! I'm not sure if I will place an order at all anymore.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing we could shop together!! It would have been so fun! I didn't buy any jeans this round because I feel like I have too many, but I'm glad I picked up a few tops. Not that I needed any.... And I LOLd at your fave dresses section! Haha
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am gonna to buy some of the cami, love that they are reversible! I will probably order of the cascading cover up but can't decide on the color. Thanks for sharing about the sale!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just discovered your blog. Spent hours on here last weekend. I love the idea of dressing in uniform, my entire closet is already gray, white, black & denim. I haven't shopped at Express in years. I've been a J.Crew shopper. So I'm experimenting with your favorites. Just ordered the gray & dark jeans, the cover up in gray, white & neutral, Portofino in black & white and some striped one eleven v necks. Thanks for your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! I am so glad you found me and my blog! And I hope you end up liking your purchases! Your choices sound like great classics that would fit well with your J.Crew aesthetic! Send me a note or leave me a comment to let me know how they work out for you! :)

      Delete
  11. oooh jewellery bogo 50%! fun. i texted my friend and told her to get some Portofinos because I originally told her to wait for labor day lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Express. I'll have to check the sale! Have a nice weekend!

    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. They have such a cute selection of dresses right now! That dress will definitely be on my blog soon ( I plan on wearing it next weekend for my bday). I love the rings I got with you today! They both fit my fingers well too. And the work out tank is being put to use this weekend when we go for a run ;).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like a great sale. I Love the chic and simple outfits you styled here.

    Style..A Pastiche! recently posted.. Sporty Kicks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm thinking of adding a dark gray 'licorice' Portofino to my collection of olive and blush. I will also check out their jewelry. Too bad the jacket didn't go on sale, that was on everyone's list, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, I am so glad I stopped by your page today because I totally forgot about any Labor Day Sales! Too excited about being able to sleep in LOL. Definitely going to head over to express and see about your recommendations! Thanks for the reminder!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was camping all weekend, so I missed all the Labor Day sales, which is probably a good thing. I love the cascading cover ups. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!