8/21/15

Outfits on the Daily 8/21/15

|
Another week in the books and I can hardly believe it was back-to-school already for us! Where did the summer go? Technically we still have another month of Summer season though and I am hoping to fit in a few more beach and pool days while we can! My outfits this week are still definitely saying summer, so here's the recap and a few other Friday Favorites as usual.

Outfit Recap:

Last time I wore this cami (see it here) I had two votes to try it with olive shorts . I loved how it turned out so thanks for the tip! I also liked the way Erin styled hers with jeans (here) and I'm sure I'll be trying that in cooler weather!
Top: Express / Necklace: CCO (Gift from Rachelle- Sold Out, Similar) / Shorts: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift from Carylee) / Sandals: Macy's (Similar) / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going"

This outfit was completely inspired by this one on Skye, down to the striped bag from Kohls she finally convinced me I needed.
Top: Express / Necklace: Old Navy (In Store Only, Similar) / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express / Bag: Kohls / Sandals: Target (Similar) / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going"

I think I've had more date nights and dinners with friends in the last four weeks than I have in the entire first half of the year, which is why my heels have suddenly been making more appearances in my outfits. I have these shoes in Black and "Leopard" (which is actually Cheetah, sigh) and there are still a few sizes left on clearance for under $30. (You can see how I last wore the so-called "Leopard" version here.)
Top: Express / Necklace: Express / Clutch: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift from Carylee) / Sandals: Lord & TaylorNails: Essie "Blanc"

I shared this outfit last week but only the top-down view, so I wanted to add it again for the front view since a couple of people asked about the fit of the shorts. The front view (in the collage after this image) should give a better indication of length, although I do have them rolled up one extra time for my own preference, so they can actually go even longer. In either case they still look longer on me than the model on the Guess website. Based on the fit of the shorts she's probably 5'10" or taller vs. my 5'4". And sizing is true to size but relaxed and with plenty of room in the waist and hips.
Tee: Old NavyShorts: Guess / Necklace: Local Vendor (Similar) / Belt: Target / Sandals: Target (Similar) / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express / Sunglasses: Firmoo/ Nails: Essie "Blanc"

Front View:

Lifeless to Real Life

Quick, someone think of a good name for people who put together flatlays! I'm not liking Flat-Layer. Apparel Artist maybe? Anyway, I celebrated Caryl's birthday in Tuesday's blog post, but my Caryl-inspired Instagram #OOTD came after the fact so it didn't get a quality side-by-side comparison until now.

Here's Caryl's original flatlay:

And my inspired version as shared on Instagram:
Top: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Shorts: J Crew / Sandals: Nordstrom / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express + Nordstrom (Similar) / Sunglasses: Nordstrom (Similar)

And the side-by-side view:
The bib-style chain necklace she displayed is kind of starting to grow on  me. I think they looked too hot for summer (I think they'd burn my skin!) but I might reconsider that option in Fall because I really do like how it looks with this outfit.

Favorite New Recipe

Image via Betty Crocker

I think this might be my first time sharing a recipe here, but my five Snapchat followers might have noticed that I like to bake a lot and this one is too good and too easy not to share it here. If you like coffee and chocolate do yourself a favor and make this Mocha Marble Fudge from Betty Crocker. Sometimes fudge recipes can be complicated because they require a candy thermometer and specific boiling temperatures, but this one does not. If you can boil water on the stove top you can make this. My own version doesn't turn out as pretty because I'm not that artistic with the marbling, but once you taste it you won't care.

And speaking of my five Snapchat followers, this weekend is The Show with The Costume I've been prepping so expect there to be some glittery fun stuff happening in my Snaps this weekend. And what happens on Snapchat stays on Snapchat in this case, so don't miss out!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday / Lindsey / Tara / JoLynne / Rachelle / Carylee / Katie / Sheaffer / Shay / Mel

CONVERSATION

40 comments:

  1. cannot wait to see snippets of the show and I love the new stripe cami with olive shorts. Soooo cute.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I failed you guys on Snapchat with the RS MasterClass but I'll really try to do better tonight!

      Delete
  2. Cute outfits! My favorites are the striped cami with the olive shorts and the lifeless to real life outfit! That fudge looks delicious!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! Let me know if you try the fudge!

      Delete
  3. Love all these looks! I'm torn between getting the new striped cami or the plain mustard colored one! You make me want that cami everytime you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I would say get both since they are usually buy one get one 50% off. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh boy, can't wait to see your snaps this weekend!!!! Have a great day Gina!

    Missy D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy!! It should be very sparkly and loud!

      Delete
  5. loving the outfits...
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck in your show Gina! Your costume looks fabulous, so even if you just stand up there you'll look great :) I really like that bib necklace but I agree that in summer, I would never wear it. I keep it really dainty and small. Otherwise it just feels too heavy and hot! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone on the heavy metal necklaces! And thanks for the words of encouragement on the show!

      Delete
  7. ooooh can't wait to see your snaps this weekend!!
    Apparel Artist - hahaha love it. Her flat lays are seriously the best.
    Those shorts are so fabulous, and I would love to try them.
    Ps. just wanted to let you know that the link for said shorts didn't work. I clicked on it like 7 times, you know, just to make sure. lol.
    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know about the link! I just switched it so hopefully that will solve it! I think we can make Apparel Artist a thing.

      Delete
  8. I love that cami in the first Instagram. And, the olive, leopard, black is my second. Best of luck with your show!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. After seeing your outfit with the black Barcelona cami and pink shorts, I took a screenshot to recreate ASAP. You and Caryl also make me think I need those Sam Edelman leopard sandals. They look so great with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get the sandals! They are so comfy. We talked Rachelle into them earlier this summer too and she has no regrets. :) And I'm glad you liked the flatlay to real life!

      Delete
  10. Loving all these outfits! The shorts look amazing on you, you have some fabulous legs! I love those jean shorts and was dying for the Express pair but they sold out so quickly. May need to check out Guess. I really love that striped top and I would probably like any outfit you wore it with haha. Cannot wait to see more from the show, all your snaps about it have been so fun! That recipe looks amazing! I always accept baked donations :)

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute everything, loving those L&T sandals! I almost purchased that striped bag last month (so Kate Spade!), and now I think I want it again after seeing your pic, lol ;-) Oooh, mocha marble brownies sound amazing, yum!

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's what happened to me with the striped bag. I finally gave into it because it's just so cute for the price.

      Delete
  12. I am drooling over that fudge!! I love your distressed olive shorts. Those black heels look great on you too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been coveting a chain bib necklace all summer but agree that it would be a little too warm. I hate sweaty metal (future band name? LOL). You did a great job with the flat lay to real life. Actually, all outfits are perfect. You always look so polished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention the fudge. That is right up my alley

      Delete
    2. Thank you Tracy! (And you're right...Sweaty Metal does sound like a band name! LOL!)

      Delete
  14. all of these are just so lovely! great style<3
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving the olive green Portofino! I may have put it in a shopping cart, along with a blush one... :). So fun to catch up on what you're up to on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! I can't seem to stop wearing my Olive one!

      Delete
  16. Love your style!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. another great week of outfit inspirations! i love these! have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Gina! I have been in baby world for a very long time and I have missed so much!!! I love the new look and layout of the blog! It's beautiful! One thing hasn't changed, your fab style love! I love that bib necklace because you could've worn it with each outfit up there! Great looks! Missed you!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Marianne!! I may end up with a bib necklace for fall....we shall see!!

      Delete
  19. Will also love your classic looks. Hope you had a great week. By the way, did your little ones start school this week?

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They started last week!! This summer was just not long enough!

      Delete
  20. you are so stylish! love your looks :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww! Glad you were able to recreate my flat lay! And, the bib is heavy, not going to lie, but it is worth the sacrifice for me, even in the summer. It's just a great focal point for the outfit! And I never tire of those "leopard" lace ups! Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all these outfits! The striped top with the olive shorts might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!