8/14/15

Outfits on the Daily 8/14/15

|
Happy Friday! Today it's just business (I'm using that term loosely) as usual with a weekly outfit recap and a few other points of shopping and fashion discussion.

Outfit Recap:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express (Exact color sold out, Similar color here) / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar for $45) / Shorts: J Crew / Sandals: Macy's (Similar) / Sunglasses: Forever 21 (Similar) / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going"

Cami: Express (Exact print sold out) / Jeans: Express / Pendant: Express / Bracelet: Banana Republic (gift from Carylee) / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going" / Shoes: Target (Backordered, Similar)
Cami: Express "Bahama Coral" / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Stella & Dot / Clutch: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Zara (Option) / Nails: Essie "Blanc"


Top: Express (Cami version sold out, Exact print in sleeveless Here) / Shorts: J Crew "Storm Grey"/ Necklace: Target (Similar) / Sandals: Macy's (Similar) / Turquoise Bead Bracelet: Express (Similar) / Stretch Bracelet Set: Express / Bag: Amazon /  Nails: Essie "Blanc"

And the Front View:


Fitting Room Snaps:
Last week I shared about my Express contest win (also using that term loosely!) on Instagram and how I got to choose a free shirt from their One Eleven collection as my prize. For those who missed it on Snapchat, I ended up getting this striped top:

Shorts: Guess / Top: Express / Necklace: Old Navy

The top ran true-to-size for me with a relaxed fit. I also picked up the shorts above on the same trip after the some sidebar ads lured me into the store to check them out! (Well played, net marketing team!) They are a very relaxed/oversized fit so your normal size will work or size down if you're between sizes. 

I ended up wearing the shorts right after I got them in this basic California Casual outfit:
Tee: Old NavyShorts: Guess / Necklace: Local Vendor (Similar) / Belt: Target / Sandals: Target (Similar) / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express / Sunglasses: Firmoo/ Nails: Essie Blanc

Birthday Girl!
I love to give my friends a little extra attention on their birthdays, and tomorrow is Skye's, so I hope she doesn't mind if we celebrate a little early! Once upon a time, Skye blogged as The Shopaholic Mom, and we met through blogging when I reached out to her to collaborate on this ancient post about one of our favorite jackets. (Side note, the jacket is out of stock online but Skye just picked up another color in store so I think it's on the way back!)  Anyway, I'm so glad she continues to share her outfits on Instagram because she's still one of my favorites for outfit styling and color pairing inspiration.

And just in case she ever decides to return to blogging, perhaps she could re-brand as the Stripeaholic Shopaholic? Just a thought...

Details on these outfits here or on Instagram 

Suddenly my stripes collection is feeling very inadequate! Anyway, she's a must-follow for me and I'm so glad we crossed paths! I might have to have a margarita (her signature drink if you follow her on Snapchat: Skye815) in her honor this weekend! 


Shop the Post:





Linking up with:
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday / Lindsey / Tara / JoLynne / Rachelle / Carylee / Katie

CONVERSATION

25 comments:

  1. you know I love all your outfit, I really need cute white shorts like yours. Just added Skye to snap, hihihihi.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to wake up!!!! You are the best! Thanks for all of this! Thanks for our crazy SC and Text convos, thanks for just being you!!!!!! Wish we lived closer so I could share that margarita with you. And Rachelle, I added you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love each and every outfit you wear! My favorite this week is the pink Barcelona with the grey jacket! I love all of Skye's stripes! I'm going to have to follow her!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol if i ever started a fashion blog / instagram it would probably be the stripeaholic as well - i love me some stripes!
    i really love the shorts you picked up. i might have to check them out, i have been looking for a longer, more relaxed pair of denim shorts for like 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that coral cami. Great color on you! Will definitely follow Skye on IG. Stripes are my thing too - ha!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shorts look great on you! I think I prefer them with the more fitted white top, but either way they're really cute. I need another pair of jorts so badly..mine are either falling off or too short (I am 25 now..need to get longer lengths!!) Hope you have a great weekend and I'll get a marg in honor of Skye as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all of these outfits! And now I am convinced I need that coral colored cami - it is calling my name!!!
    xoxo Danielle
    For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual I love your outfits! It's been insanely hot in temecula so those guess shorts are looking pretty good! I love the wash and length. I haven't worn shorts all summer except to the beach, but these look like they work for anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit posts. Always such good combinations with great accessories. Happy birthday to Skye.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these outfits! I just went a little "pin crazy" on this post. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously love every look you style and I'm striped obsessed too and loved all of Skye's striped tees, #Never EnoughStripes, haha. Forgot to mention last time how amazing your new blog looks!

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stripes rock! I love your/our striped Barcelona!! I think it might be my fave! I JUST ordered the Rebel pendant after eyeing it for, oh, 3 years!! I'm slow!! I love it so much but never pulled the trigger! Have a great weekend, girl! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pink white and grey look! You are totally rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice use of the Barcelona cami per usual! I need to bust out my snakeskin one! Thanks for the reminder! And yay!! Happy birthday to Skye!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS yay for the one eleven tee! I approve of that pick! Looks great on you!

      Delete
  15. So many great looks in this post! I love the first three of your outfit recap and all those sweet stripes!!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Favorite look is the v neck tee and distressed shorts! Next is the grey shorts look, you definitely get the best wear from your cami collection girl! I so need some more in my life :)

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. In Love with every single look!!!
    Xox, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  18. you both killed it with the striped looks! Happy birthday to Skye! I think I want that grey jacket you're wearing, kind of obsessed with it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those Guess shorts on you. Do they run true to size? Great outfits as always, Gina. Hope you enjoy your week ahead

    My latest post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydney. They do run true-to-size with a relaxed fit through the hips and waist. (You can't really tell the from my pics and with the tops I'm wearing but they're not fitted in that area.)

      Delete
  20. I love the shoes that you have on with the coral cami. I also love your instagram photos, they are always so nice. When ever I try to takes type of photos, they always look so blah.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the pink and white color combo outfit! very cute outfits!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Every time I see white shorts or pants I'm more convinced that I need some. I love all your looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!