6/17/15

What's Trending This Week: Olive

|
I have a conspiracy theory about this week's trend. There's a song that's been popular on the radio for awhile, and I think it has a subliminal message that's worked its way into all of our heads and is making everyone (including me) want to wear more olive. Song name: All of Me by John Legend. Can't you just hear him singing.,"Olive me....Olive you...." over and over again? See what I mean??

Anyway, here are just a few examples of some fairly recent olive purchases:
Olive Jacket: LOFT / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society

Olive Tank: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Jacket: Express / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Old Navy

Olive Pants: Express  / Sweater: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express / Sandals: Target

Olive Tee: Target / Shorts: J Crew / Necklace: Express Sandals: Nordstrom

And if olive you (ahem) love olive (clothes like) me, a little outfit inspiration is in order for pairing olive the pieces you've collected lately. My next stop needs to be this olive and white pairing as shown on Jasmin, Carylee and Sheila:


This week there's another #IGOutfitChain happening with an easy olive + black outfit formula. Instead of putting these in a collage like I've done before I'm posting them in succession to make for easy pinning to Pinterest (not to mention it makes it easier for me to include late additions!). I think this might be the longest chain yet and it keeps growing!
















I think we had almost every combination in there of sleeve length, skirts, pants and shorts! As usual, check in with these ladies on Instagram for any specific outfit details, and mine are included in the front-view photo up top. And let me know if I've persuaded you to believe in my John Legend conspiracy theory! See you back on Friday for an outfit recap and some other favorites of the week.

Shop the Post:


Linking up with:
Alison Lindsey / Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice /  Dawn Lucy /
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday/

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. Express should make an olive barcelona cami, I would so get that.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I like your conspiracy theory, it gave me a giggle! Olive is a great neutral, I definitely have a few olive pieces in my wardrobe :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own anything olive so I need to get in on this trend! Love all the layered necklaces too!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love olive, and John Legend! I see what you did there..now anytime I hear that song I'll only hear olive you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color olive!! Especially in the summer when you have a tan going on! Great inspiration today, Gina!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a week where I wore olive every day. It's so funny because it's so inherently fall, but I just love it for spring/almost summer! I need a short sleeve olive top, stat!! Thanks for the shout out! Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE olive and black and olive and white! I especially love it right now (spring/summer) because it's a little unexpected since everyone is busting out the neons and brights! My fave outfit is the black skirt and olive tee--HOT, girl! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I need to try out the olive + black combo for sure! xo

    Jasmin
    www.jasmindaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the olive color, especially styled with white! I need to get an olive tee ASAP!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahaha, omg that's awesome. I'm never going to hear that song the same way ever again!!!!
    xoxo Danielle
    For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  11. ughh so many looks I want to try! I love olive with white and black. I feel like its so safari chic

    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have enough olive in my closet! You have convinced me of this. I love olive and white together. And olive and pink. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always loved this color, I especially love it with white pants/skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, I've been so into olive lately! It's such a classic neutral. I love your olive and white collage!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love olive and these are some great looks to get inspired by!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are too funny! And now Olive me is gonna be stuck in my head :) I am slowly learning to wear olive, it's such a tough color for me.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Olive is actually one of my favorite neutrals for summer, its so classic!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Olive green is one of my fave neutrals, for real. I love it on you, Gina!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  19. Olive is my most favorite earthy color and it never goes out of style or season. All of your olive outfits are great and I love everyone's interpretation of the black shorts+olive top looks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Olive looks amazing! I love it with a button down top.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your outfit chains. I have been thinking I need some more olive in my wardrobe lately so I guess the subliminal messages are working. :) It's such a good color.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  22. I actually don't own anything olive yet! Need to shop right now haha! Love all the looks, it's such a great neutral, casual colour for the summer :)

    Carolyn
    http://www.stylishmemories.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The black J Crew link takes me to their main page-are they the 3 inch inseam? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! 3 inch chino shorts in black. Factory also carries them also for less (slightly thinner fabric). Unfortunately all J Crew links seem to be doing this lately. Sorry for the frustration!!

      Delete
  24. you are hilarious! you make me want to add some olive to my closet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!