6/12/15

Outfits on the Daily 6/12/15

|
Today is the first day of no school here which marks the unofficial start of summer for me. The weather, on the other hand, is still not sure what season we're in. There are some slight differences in details between the outfits in my recap because some of them are almost exact repeats I've worn before, but I had better luck with the indoor lighting the last time I wore them so I'm using those photos here despite the differences.

Outfit Recap:
Sleeveless top: Express / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Jessica Simpson "Nouta" (Similar) / Watch: Fossil Chelsey (Exact Sold Out) / Sunglasses: Forever 21 (Similar) / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going"

Top: Express (Current Version) / Jeans: Express (Current Version) / Sandals: TargetNecklace: Express (Similar) / Watch: Fossil / Sunglasses: Nordstrom / Bracelet: Sage K & Co (Exact Sold Out) / Belt: Express (Current Version) / Nails: Essie "Romper Room"

Tee: Old Navy / Skirt: Express  (I recommend sizing up to prevent ride-up) / Necklace: Local Auction (Similar) / Bracelet: Express / Sandals: Nordstrom  Teal Handbag: Last Call / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going"

Sleeveless top: Express / Necklace: Express / Watch: FossilShorts: Express (Similar options: Old Navy / J Crew / Nordstrom) / Sandals: Vince Camuto "Luciah" (Similar) / Bag: Aldo (Similar)/  Nails: Essie "Mod Square" (I haven't had my fingernails this pink since Reagan was in office and I could only take it for one day. This one of those things I loved on other people but not on myself!)

Front View: 

Outfit Planning:
I frequently come across outfits on blogs/Instagram/Pinterest etc. where I already have all the pieces to create the look and I get so excited to have an outfit planned for me by someone else. But then when it's time to get dressed I draw a blank and can't remember where I saw it or the exact outfit elements. So today I'm sharing a few "Hey, I have these pieces!" outfits so I can pull up this post next time I find myself stumped for what to wear.

Outfit Elements: Olive cardigan, blank tank, white skinnies, black sandals:
Outfit Credit: @styles4momma / Original Post

Outfit Elements: Chambray shirt, white skinnies, cognac belt, cage sandals
Outfit Credit: @Skye815Original Post

Outfit Elements: Olive vest (jacket in my case), white cami, black skinnies, black sandals:

Outfit Elements: Olive jacket, striped cami, jeans, leopard shoes
Outfit Credit: Carylee / Exact Post

This is a pretty self-serving post segment, but since I'm known for wearing a lot of basics hopefully some of these will be helpful to others with similar wardrobe pieces. (And obviously I'm into olive at the moment since 3/4 of these feature that color!)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your unofficial summer gets off to a good start this weekend too!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

19 comments:

  1. Soooo that express vest is so tempting me :)


    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recap :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love those Target sandals! Hope you have a great start to your summer! We've been out for almost three weeks now - it's flying by!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for summer! Today is our last day :) I love your "hey I have that!" outfits....i literally said to myself as I was looking "hey i have that!" LOL! Have a great weekend, girl and HAPPY SUMMER!!!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that skirt! I love that style and I like how this one isn't obscenely short like most that I've seen. Definitely checking it out!! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed at two things here "ride-up" and "Reagan" You are too funny. But, you are also very stylish. You know I love those bright pink shoes. And I love that light pink Express top. I guess I love pink lately. Come to think of it, pink goes well with olive. Hmmm. Outfit idea? I also pin or see a lot of outfits to recreate with my items and then can never remember where they are or what I was thinking. I have been trying to get better organized and have a few in a queue to try. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bright pink sandals are calling my name! I love all of the outfit planning inspiration! Have a great weekend Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your IG post pics are always great inspiration! I love the pink shoes from Jessica Simpson!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray for the official start to summer! I agree with Daphnee, your posts are always great inspiration! Have you seen the F21 dupe for the Chloe bag (similar to the black one in styles4momma's post)? I totally want it. Have a great weekend!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving these looks!! I especially love 2 and 4. I can't believe I missed all these on IG!

    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a wonderful summer! :)

    I like your outfit with the navy sleeveless top - I have a similar piece but in pink and I'm a little sad it's gotten sold so quickly and I have to layer it up to wear it, haha! I can't wait to just wear it with shorts and keep cool on a hot day :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it :) New on my French blog: "How to straighten your hair and eat Strawberries Tagada at the same time"

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww thanks for the shout out! I love that pink shirt on you and I too need to recreate the army vest out a la styles4momma! Thanks for the reminder! Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first white shirt looks so crisp and nice!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our style is very similar! I love finding a fashion blogger who I can relate to style-wise. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the basics are always helpful! I always blank on what to wear in the morning. I end up with lots of black and gray most days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. basics are my favourites! they are easily adaptable no matter your style or closet. in my opinion anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!