6/1/15

Just Add Body: Tee Time

|
Today it's another edition of my Just Add Body series where I test out flatlays and digital outfit sets to see if they work in real life. This time around, all the outfits are based around a basic t-shirt. Mainly because Target just had a sale on t-shirts and I picked up a couple of new colors so I needed to do some planning for how I'm going to wear them!

Mint was my first color choice after seeing Erin's mint tee outfit (here). I chose this easy look to re-create and was pretty happy with it. Relaxed and casual but just a few accessories to pull it together.
Tee: Target  / White Shorts: J. Crew / White Skinnies: Express / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express / Sandals: Nordstrom

Second color choice: lavender. I love this color yet own very little of it, so I snagged it and copied this very simple look. I loved the color combo but always need a necklace so I added one of my recent favorites to complete the outfit.
Tee: Target  / Jeans: Express / Flats: Sole Society / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express /


I'm on an olive kick lately, but I didn't love this pin when I first tried it with leopard sandals. A quick front tuck and change of shoes changed everything for me, and I ended up wearing this outfit for the day:

Top View:

Tee: Target "Olive" / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express + Sage K & Co / Sandals: Target / Crossbody Bag: Aldo (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Good as Gold"


This last tee wasn't in my Target haul (although they do carry a similar color), but this pin has been my most re-pinned item for the last several months so I wanted to run a real-life test while I was in try-on mode. When I tried it with sandals as shown...meh.  I didn't have a cute printed bag to help the look, so I switched to some heeled sandals and I liked it so much better.

Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express/ Flat Sandals: Old Navy / Heeled Sandals: Target

One thing I've noticed frequently in these outfit sets is that the bags and accessories play a big part in making even the simplest outfit look appealing. I have a good selection of accessories but bags are one area where I could still use some improvement. I think I shy away from collecting them because they're a lot harder to store than t-shirts, so if anyone has great suggestions on that let me know!

Shop the Post: 




 
Linking up with:
Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday (any topic is fine!)

Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express, and thanks for linking up!

CONVERSATION

39 comments:

  1. I just added a simple minty tee. Love yours paired with the white shorts. And your black loafers are a classic style. I now need a very versatile heather gray tee. Happy Monday and Happy June, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I didn't know about this sale?! I would say these all work in real life. I love the mint tee and how you styled it! It's amazing how you can transform a tee into a chic outfit with just a few accessories. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tees look amazing on you. They drape so well. I finally got my hands on those Mia leggings and am in love. They fit so well and the fabric is amazing. Happy Monday, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've been able to use your new tees right away! :) I think it makes sense to stock up on bargains when you see them, especially such a great basic as a plain tee :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so into tees lately and eyeing that mint & olive ones on your list!

    Best!
    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I need that mint tee - going to check it out now!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know about the tee sale at Target! Even though I've banned myself from buying more tees, these are great basics to stock up on. Love the colors and the outfits you put together!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. These looks are perfect for the summer. The tee is so chic to pair with just anything. It's a great basic. I always end up buying a new one. Love them in white and gray!
    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mint and white combo! So fresh and summery looking! It's amazing how you can dress up a tee by just adding jewelry! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay. I need that mint tee in my life. I am going to head over the Target today to see if they have it. I already have the white shorts. I am all about tees and chino shorts for summer. It is such an easy combo that you can glam up with the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all the cute colorful tees, as you can see on snapchat I have a lot of them and after organizing my t-shirt drawer on Saturday I realized that I don't need to buy a single tee for the rest of the year or more. The olive looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all outfits and how you made tweaks to make it your own.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those Target t's! I have quite a few colors myself and wear them all the time. Can't believe how cheap they are! Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't decide! I love the mint on you but I also love the olive top with the black pants! You are always rocking the tees and you style them so well. Your posts always give me good inspiration.

    PS I just got that sweater from Express, the lightweight one that I had asked you about! I love it! Thanks for the recommendation.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it!! Thanks for following up!
      Gina || On the Daily Express

      Delete
  15. I have been meaning to add more basics to my wardrobe. These tees are simple and easy.

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the mint top with white shorts! Have similar pieces so I'm definitely going to be recreating!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your casual outfits, what a great series! Mint green is definitely one of the it colors right now, I just posted in a mint green skirt!

    Kasi | http://www.thejmichaelproject.com/kasiperkins

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this series! The olive and black combo is really great. I like the tweaks you make.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these white shorts. xx

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the mint! so refreshing.
    I agree also that the accessories can play a big part in making a simple look feel and look like more. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the link up!!! i love the mint!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the mint colored tee, and you're right the looks came to life with the heeled sandals! Something about heels always makes things pop! Happy Monday girl!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the colored tees you picked up. You can never go wrong with gray or olive - which are two of my favorites. Happy June!

    Lisa
    http://www.dailystylefinds.com/2015/06/long-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great looks! Love the last pair of jeans!
    xx
    theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love all of the outfits you are showing today! You've given me some easy ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love a good basic! Tees are the way to go. I bought another knot tee from express in white and I've already worn it twice. I know you don't have luck with those but the ones you do have are great! They are perfect for days when you want to focus on accessories. I need to buy a couple more from target or loft.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how you styled up your basic tees :) They're such a great starting point for an outfit. That lavender tee is such a pretty color! I need one in my closet now

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  28. Give me all the v-neck tees! I love the way you dress 'em up and make 'em chic, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great styling! Classic tees are a closet staple for me as well.

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I so need all the those tees! In all sorts of different colors. You make styling them chic look so easy! I love all the looks!

    May x • THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  31. Every single one turned out great! I love the distressed denim. I don't collect too many bags either. Like you said they're hard to store and because I feel like I'm always rushing around, I don't like having to change over my bag all the time!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, that's another reason! Changing bags is a hassle for sure.

      Delete
  32. I love all of these tee outfits! Such a simple look but dressed up nicely with the accessories

    ReplyDelete
  33. hmmmm i don't think i own any lavender. and i don't own any olive either. i used to have olive pants but i got rid of them because i never wore them and it was just too much olive.. i like the idea of an olive tee with black jeans.. cute. and i love the mint! that looks so good with white. i can't do white though lol. i agree about the bags and accessories, they make the outfits look so interesting, and when i try them without the fun things i'm like why don't these look as adorable on me as they do on pinterest?
    meanwhile, i need a new grey tee, stat.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Totally digging the Target tees you featured, especially that lovely lilac one. So pretty & they look very comfortable as well. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the classic tee look! And its so so comfy!!

    xoxo,

    Kellie
    Carolina Clover
    http://carolinaclover.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Liking these classic tees. I really like the olive top. I swear right now the color I'm loving is olive/tan. Crazy.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!