6/8/15

Coffee Date: Carly of Dailydose27

|
Every month I go on a virtual Coffee Date with a blogger to get to know them better and find out some of their behind the scenes stories and tips. This month's feature is Carly of dailydose27.com and @dailydose27 on Instagram. I love her polished casual outfits on Instagram the way she shows multiple options for styling individual pieces on her blog, and I'll be sharing several of my favorite outfits of hers throughout the Coffee Date,

All outfit details in this post available via DailyDose27 or LiketoKnow.It

Carly just recently "Crossed Over" into blogging after being on Instagram for two years. It was kind of a big deal for me when I crossed over from Blogging to Instagram last year, so I was eager to chat with someone who went the opposite direction and compare experiences.

First of all, tell us a little about yourself. Where do you live? What do you do for a living? Do you have any kids or pets?

Carly: I live in Toronto, Canada and I love it here. It's such a great city that always has something interesting going on. I grew up in the suburbs, just outside of Toronto and it was definitely an adjustment moving into the city but I love it so much that I'm happy to stay put. I have a little boy who is 9 months old and I'm pretty obsessed with him. I wasn't sure if I wanted kids when I was younger but after my sister had my nephew, I knew I wanted to experience being a mom and I'm so glad I did.
Carly's cute little photo-bomber

What’s something that people might be surprised to know about you?

Carly: Probably that only a few of my friends and some of my family even know that I have an IG account or about my blog. When I started posting on IG it was really only for me so only my husband, mom, sisters and best friend knew about it. Only very recently have I told more people. It is probably one of the reasons I don't show my face!


If it makes you feel better I'm also still in the headless blogger category. Luckily there's a great blogging community and great readers willing to support people like us who want to share in the fashion fun but stay a little more on the private side. But still...there's something the nosy side of me must know...what does the 27 stand for in your blog name and IG name?

Carly: It's my favorite number but also my birthday. September 27th!


Thanks for satisfying my curiosity on that! Can we talk a little about how you got started in all of this? Did you start out posting strictly outfits on Instagram or did it evolve into that?

Carly: I have been posting on IG for just over 2 years now, which is crazy because it started out as something fun to do and a way to put my addiction to shopping to use and now I can't believe how it has evolved. I had a personal account for family and friend photos but I didn't want to use it for fashion so I started @dailydose27 specifically for posting outfits.

What ultimately made you decide to branch into blogging?

Carly: I had been considering starting a blog for a while and after a lot of back and forth and a lot of encouragement from my husband and the great ladies on IG I decided to give it a try.

How has the crossover experience been for you? Easy? Hard? 

Carly: To be honest, it's been a bit harder than I expected. Coming up with and putting together posts on top of daily IG photos can be a bit tricky with my little guy. I have so much appreciation and respect for bloggers. It takes dedication and a lot of hard work to keep a blog going and interesting. I am so impressed and in awe of all the ladies who do it, because they do it so well.
A peek at dailydose27.com

I had the same reaction when I started blogging. I was shocked at how time consuming a single blog post could be, and I've often wondered if I would have lasted as long with blogging if I had started Instagram first. IG is much easier for me! Has anything else surprised you with blogging or Instagram?

Carly: I think sometimes the biggest surprises for me are the reactions to different posts. I have learned to never have an expectation of what will do well and what will fall flat. There are times when I will post something that I am so proud of and have been thinking about for days that doesn't really resonate with others. And sometimes posts that I throw together because I'm running late and I think will probably be a dud get a much better response. But that's one of the things that I love about Instagram and Blogging and it keeps me going and always trying to come up with new (and what I hope are fun) posts.

I absolutely agree about not setting too many expectations. It helps me just focus on creating the best content I can and let the chips fall where they may.  Do you have any other tips or tricks that you could share with us? 

Carly: I think my biggest tip for Instagram would be to get involved in the community. The women are so amazing and so welcoming that just participating is a great way to get started. I find hashtags and style events are also great ways to get your photos out there and seen by more people.



We've talked a lot of shop today, but I always like to make sure we talk shopping in my Coffee Dates too! So please fill in the blank: I wear my _____ soooo much I’m worried that people are getting sick of seeing it!

Carly: Oh my gosh, do I have to pick just one item for this!? Probably my Steve Madden Leopard flats. I love them and could probably wear them everyday...but I won't so I don't drive everyone more nuts with them.
Favorite flats (and don't miss the photobomb!)

You know, that's one of the things I really like about you is that you re-wear your pieces! I'm glad you don't shy away from repeating favorites because I think it's more realistic for most of us to not have an all-new outfit every day. Do you have any recent purchases that we might start seeing on the regular?

Carly: Probably my new tank top from Old Navy.  I love anything olive or khaki green and my J. Crew Factory Seahorse T-shirt which I have already posted so many times it's probably another item people are getting sick of seeing.
New Favorites: Old Navy Tank and J Crew Factory Tee

Oops! There I go again setting expectations! I thought for sure you would say flare jeans were your new favorite. Your outfits alone have convinced me that I need a pair of flare jeans like these! 

* * *

I hope you all enjoyed getting to know Carly as much as I did today! There's always so much more to share about a person than I can fit into one post...things like her favorite food (Caesar Salad), favorite book (Pride & Prejudice) and lots of great outfits. Make sure to check out her blog and and Instagram to get to know her better, and for any outfit details from this post!


Linking up with:
 Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice /  Dawn Lucy /
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday/



Linkup Button






PLEASE NOTE THE UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR THE LINK UP!
  • All post(s) added to the link-up MUST have a link back to both hosts (More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express). 
  • Please do not link back to us on a separate page of your blog. Any post without a link back to the hosts within that exact post will be deleted without notice. 
  • We are using considerable page space week after week within our posts to host your links and images. The updated guidelines keep this link-up equally beneficial for the hosts and participants and we appreciate your cooperation.
As always, any topic is fine and thanks for linking up!


CONVERSATION

34 comments:

  1. She seems like a very stylish lady, thanks for sharing a little more about her! :)

    And thank you for the link up too :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly has great style! I would seriously wear every single one of these outfits. I absolutely love that mint sweater with the white jeans and leopard shoes! Thanks for sharing, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! We follow @dailydose27 on IG and she is one of our favs! If we ever need outfit inspiration, we will sometimes go to her account and look through!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh she has such fabulous style, and her little photo bomber is adorable!!
    so she has the sole society wedges as well? y'all are really convincing me to get them. maybe i should get those flats instead.. i really do like wedges but i'm just not sure if i'll wear them as much as i think i will.
    now i want some flare jeans as well! oh and i am absolutely obsessed with that mint jumper / sweater with the white jeans and i need that in my life. off to stalk and find out where it's from.
    love this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't mind me, i just imagined that she had the wedges lol. i see now that they say steve madden as well :-| i feel sheepish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how Carly remixes her closet faves!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her style and yay for remixing!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Carly's style! I absolutely love that she remixes pieces a lot..really shows how versatile our closets can be with just a few classic and staple pieces. I have those same Madden flats and they are a great score. Thanks for sharing her with us!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love her style! Her mix of patterns is amazing! Love your virtual coffee dates!

    Hope you had a great weekend, love!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Carly! She is very engaging and her outfits are always very inspiring! One of my favorites, for sure!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do enjoy Carly's great style on IG - thanks for sharing more about her.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the blogging world Carly! Love your style and thanks for sharing Gina!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pics here. Your patterns are great, especially love that skirt and the seahorse t-shirt. So cute. Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I do not know if I have ever checked out her account before. heading over now!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looks! I especially love that white lace top with the pearls, pink bow shoes, and cute skirt!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE those first pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm kind of obsessed with all of these outfits. Definitely going to add her to my blogroll! Thanks for introducing us to Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is so cute, Gina! and so is her son. Thanks for sharing her blog. I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love her style! I own those leopard flats as well, and agree that they are pretty perfect ;) She looks effortlessly polished, which I appreciate. I also think she sounds very down-to-earth! I relate more to ladies who don't take this blogging thing so seriously. Great post Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post, love all the outfit.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carly has amazing style and she's one of my IG favorites! So fun learning more about her!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very interesting post. I always wonder about doing the faceless, headless option. It makes sense. I always feel so self conscious and uncomfortable to a degree when I put myself on the internet - it's a weird double edged thing which Carly has solved in her way. Great read and nice to meet someone new on the web. Thanks for hosting - have an amazing week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for finding me great people to follow! I think Carly has amazing style and I would wear every single thing she wears. I am now a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't help but notice that her handbag collection is sooo on point! love this feature and off to follow.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  25. love it :)

    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carly has killer style! Loving her distressed + cuffed skinnies. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm also loving that first button-up, I love the dark shade of denim. Want!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving all of her outfit choices! She has so many great pieces and I love how she gives such great variety! You always find the best ladies on instagram!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  29. love her laid back looks! So my style, and she has AMAZING bf jeans.

    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loving her looks. She has such an adorable kid :D.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!