4/13/15

Men-Spiration Monday: David Beckham

|
Last month I kicked off a new series: Men-Spiration. I need a change of scenery now and then in real life and blog-life, and I think looking at men's fashion for inspiration instead of women's is good way for me to do that. This month, my subject is David Beckham. I talked about his wife Victoria's style in my Aries Style post, but it's hard not to notice him in so many of her photos!

David has a couple of signature items that are his style staples.

White Sneakers

Whether he's dressing up for an event or just going casual in a t-shirt and jeans, white sneakers are his go-to shoes:


Plaid Shirts

David has a big variety of plaid shirts, and naturally he pairs them with his white sneakers quite frequently:


Wear it like Beckham

In going through David's outfits, I found that I had more outfit overlap with him than I did with Victoria! Below are some examples of similar looks we've worn. Incidentally, my outfit with the yellow bag was originally inspired by Barbie. I doubt David intended to copy Barbie, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Victoria dressed their daughter Harper in the perfect accent color for his outfit.
ONE: Blazer: H&M / White Tee: Gap / Necklace: Forever 21 / Belt: Gap / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

TWO: Top: Express (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Bag: Jessica Simpson (Similar) / Shoes: Jessica Simpson "Nouta"

David had one other outfit that I thought looked perfect for Spring/Summer and I knew I had pieces on hand to re-create. However, when I tried it on with khaki shorts like his, I didn't think the shade of khaki I had looked as good as his. So I switched them for olive and now I'm set with a new Beckham-inspired look:
Shirt: Express / Khaki Shorts: J Crew / Olive Shorts: Express (Similar) / Sandals: Old Navy / Bracelet: Express / Watch: Fossil (gift)

It was a tough job browsing through so many images of David Beckham to find patterns to his style and blog-worthy outfits, but luckily I'm not one to shy away from a challenge like that!

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:

Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday (any topic is fine!)


Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express, and thanks for linking up!


CONVERSATION

30 comments:

  1. Your men-spiration is so fun! David Beckham has great style and I love your inspiration outfits! Happy Monday!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Beckham is one stylish guy. I mean the whole Beckham family is stylish. I can totally see you drawing inspiration from him. Love that crisp white shirt with the gray shorts you're wearing. Have a great week Gina! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG isn't he so yummy and stylish???

    Best!
    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great inspiration - I love David Beckham, he is my man "fashion" crush lol - He is so handsome and stylish. Love the inspirations, especially the one with the navy blazer. Great post, Gina. Happy week!
    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only is he insanely hot, but he does have great fashion sense. I'm sure his wife can be thanked a bit though lol! Loved your inspirations! I love the yellow bag in place of Harper haha!

    xoxo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! The barbie outfit coincidence is great!! You always do a great job of feminizing men's outfits...way to think outside the box!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. David is so handsome and he's pretty stylish too. I love that he always wear pristine white sneakers.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  8. He does always look really well put together with his outfit, but I had a pretty good laugh about the Barbie outfit coincidence haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I appreciate your hard due diligence on this subject! Since I'm dressed extra sporty today, I can appreciate this post even more! And I'm LOLing that you found him carrying a yellow dressed baby mirroring your yellow bag! What an awesome coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative way to think about fashion! I love how you turned to men's world to find more inspirations. Great looks! Have a wonderful day and thank you for hosting this link up for us!

    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too funny with this mens series. I love it because you are so non-masculine in your appearance. Sometimes men are easier to copy look wise because their outfits are clean and simple which I always identify with.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a good point. They do tend to be a little less "fussy" than women, which I'm also naturally drawn to! Plus I think I feel more free to change up details like shoes in y re-creations rather than try to find something similar to what a woman is wearing. It's fun :)

      Delete
  12. This is such a cute outfit! I love how you used David as inspiration (he always looks SO good!). It's fun using men as style inspiration- I'll have to try it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man! Great pick.He never looks bad. He looks just as good dressed up and he does dress down. It must have been a tough job trying to find pictures. And there is nothing like a crisp white shirt outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum!! Love me some David Beckham but never really paid attention to what he wears :) Loving your interpretation of his outfits.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know I already find the men inspiration series original and love them but then you had to go choose David Beckham!! I mean what can I say the proof is in the pictures as they say LOL. I think he makes everything look amazing- my favorites are the plaid shirt outfits and your interpretation for your own outfit is spot on. <3 Happy Monday Gina. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love men in classic white sneakers, something about it with dark denim and a white tee is classic men perfection... I wish life was that simple!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all these looks!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think if I were a man (sounds like a song now) I would dress like Beckham - cool, relax, unpretentious and simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It always amazes me that you can take a men's outfits and turn it into a women's. I especially like the blazer outfit! And who better to copy from than Beckham!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooooh i love the olive shorts outfit! super cute. david beckham always looks pretty stylish.. i mean it would be funny if you went through the really old photos before Victoria got a hold of him and his wardrobe lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Total man crush on him! I could look at these pictures all day. I would be fine with you posting about him every week! Love how you recreated the outfits of his. I totally agree, I would pretty much have zero clothes in common with Victoria as well! Happy Monday!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was wondering were the olive shorts from nordstoms? You have the best taste!! Would you mind me asking what size those are, that's the only bad thing on online shopping it's hard to know sizes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather - I am so sorry! I messed up the link on my olive shorts. Mine are from Express but last summer and they don't seem to have a similar option this year. I linked them (and corrected the post to display them as Similar) to a pair at Nordstrom which was the closest I could find in terms of color and inseam. So I don't have that exact pair to give you fit information, but two of the reviewers recommended sizing up or going with the bigger size if you're between sizes. Sizing is definitely a gamble when you're shopping online, but at least with Nordstrom it's free shipping & returns so even if it's still a bit of a hassle at least it doesn't cost you. Sorry again and good luck! (And thanks so much for the kind words!!)

      Delete
  23. David Beckham has awesome style- and is pretty easy on the eyes, just sayin'. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been calling all Express stores around me to hunt down a pair of their leggings in a size 0 short and so far, no luck :( I guess they sell out so quickly because of the current promotion. Hope Express will restock them soon. You did a wonderfully job recreating David's style. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun post! Adorable as always, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the boyish yet very female look. This is the look I love, I guess I still have a bit of tom boyish in me.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love mens fashion! Love that sometimes you can dress down and still look fashionable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!