4/22/15

Just Add Body: 2 Pieces 3 Looks

|
Once a month, I put some outfits from my Just Add Body Pinterest Board to the real-life test. I used to call these Lifeless Outfits, but I think it was giving people the wrong impression. (Go figure...) So instead I'll just add body to see whether these outfits work on actual humans.

I'd like to say it was all part of my strategy to use the same two pieces in all of my looks this month to show their versatility, but truthfully that's not how it went down.

1. Olive Tank

The Perfect Tanks at Old Navy are just so cheap that it's hard for me not to grab a couple of colors  or prints when I'm in store. I don't wear much olive green, so I searched Pinterest for "Olive Tank" and then decided to try out this Pin:




Jacket: Express / Chambray Shirt: J. Crew FactoryWhite Skinnies: Express Tank: Old Navy "Into the Woods" / Necklace: Express / Sandals: Old Navy / Bracelet: Express

Result: I don't have a denim jacket so at first I tried this with my Chambray Shirt as shown above. I wasn't in love with that look, so I switched to my moto jacket instead. That felt much more "me," and I ended up wearing this outfit that day and sharing it on Instagram:
Shown with Aldo Bag (Similar) and Forever 21 hexagon necklace (Similar).


2. Pink Ribbon Barcelona Cami

After seeing this hot pink cami on Charnele and Rachelle, I knew it would be a great color to have for spring and summer. I decided to try some simple styling like this pin.

Jacket: ExpressWhite Skinnies: ExpressCami: Express "Pink Ribbon" / Sandals: Old Navy / Bracelet: Express / Necklace: Old Navy (Similar)

Result: I liked this outfit a lot, but most spring days here I do need something little warmer than just a cami for part of the day. Both Charnele and Rachelle wore a denim jacket in their outfits with this exact top, so once again I went for my moto jacket as a substitute. I was happy with the look so it's only a matter of time before I wear this.


3. Stripes and Loafers

I don't know if this is happening to everyone, but lately Pinterest has a lot of "Picked for You" pins in my feed when I log in. But so far they're really good at picking stuff I like! This pin was something they suggested so I re-pinned it and decided to test it out with yet another Old Navy tank.
Jacket: Express / White Skinnies: Express / Tank: Old Navy "Black Stripe Color 3" / Shoes: Sole Society / Bracelet: Express

Result: I like the white skinnies with the black loafers a lot but the top half of this outfit was just okay for me. I don't hate it, but I think it would be better with a different stripe pattern or different jacket. I didn't really have anything else on hand that I thought would be a better fit, though. So for now I'll file it under "Needs Improvement" and re-visit it if I find a good replacement piece.

* * *
So I got two out of three outfits this month...not bad at all! And just in case you missed my posts earlier this week, you still have time to enter a couple of ongoing giveaways:

Enter the Lululemon Giveaway HERE

Enter the Kate Spade/Nikon Camera Giveaway HERE

See you back on Friday!

Shop the Post:





Linking up with:
Alison Lindsey / Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice /  Dawn Lucy / ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday/ Shea & Anne

CONVERSATION

48 comments:

  1. that pink against the white cami is amazing I need to wear mine with jeans. And now I need an olive tank lol, thank you Gina :)

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, if you get an Old Navy one it's only $4. That's not too bad!

      Delete
  2. Switching out the chambray shirt to the moto jacket was such a good idea. It really livened up the outfit and gave it a stylish edge. I really like seeing all of the ways you're stylin' those white jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan! Glad you approve of the changes and I felt the same way...chambray was just kind of...borderline frumpy with that look.

      Delete
  3. Switching out the chambray shirt to the moto jacket was such a good idea. It really livened up the outfit and gave it a stylish edge. I really like seeing all of the ways you're stylin' those white jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this concept! All of these outfits look great. I decided to get the Express minus the leather jacket thanks to your blog and I love it! I never shop at Express so it's interesting to see all the great clothes they have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love hearing that!! I hope you love your jacket as much as I do. :)Thank you so much for the kind words Gretchen!

      Delete
  5. you seriously rock white jeans, you almost make my clumsy ass who would spill red wine on them when she isn't even drinking red wine want some ;)
    and yeah pinterest and their picked for you pins are so spot on for me lately!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have that luck with white tops more than white jeans!! I have ruined sooo many.

      Delete
  6. Love them all, Gina!!!! And how do you don't own the denim jacket, girl?!?! Seriously?!? Lol! XO Casey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I was waiting for someone to say that to me!! I have owned one it the past. I ended up selling it on eBay because I just didn't feel like myself when I wore it! I'm just more of a moto jacket person :)

      Delete
  7. I am in desperate need of new cami's!! I went into express and for some reason all their tanks were to big underneath the arms for me. Have you noticed a change in their sizings recently? Everything use to fit me so well before :( Anyway, love the pink cami with the white jeans! Perfect for spring. Oh another question? How many moto jackets do you own?! lol. I need to come raid your closet!!

    Have a great day pretty girl!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are talking basic tanks and camis like the "Best Loved Cami" at Express, those have never really fit me that well either! And I do find the sizing of them to run different in general than everything else. I only own a couple of them and I tend to size up for those, and then the fit is still not that great. I have better luck at Target and Old Navy for those basics (bonus that they are cheaper!) But with my other staple tops like Barcelona and Portofino....I haven't noticed a recent size change.

      I plead the fifth on the moto jacket question. :)

      Delete
  8. I love white skinnies...they are just so versatile!! Loving the olive and pink especially! Thanks to your inspiration here, I'll have to dig thru my closet and see what I can come up with to replicate these! :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you wear, Kellie!

      Delete
  9. Hehe the just add body title makes me giggle. I love the pink and white combo and how you added turquoise.

    Amy Ann
    Now blogging at my new site Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really wear white jeans quite well. That pink is a really great color on you. And Pinterest usually picks very good pins for me. I'm sure they use some complicated algorithm to do this. Pretty genius though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the above comment, you wear white jeans so well! I just bought a pair and am going to wear them soon. I really love the colors in the first outfit. Looks very sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm seriously going crazy for olive anything. I just love that color, and I think it looks so great on everyone.

    White jeans I try not to wear so much because I so can wear it all the time. Your white outfits example are always so great. As for the stripe outfit...having more white and less black with the stripe pattern may work?

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I think more white-to-black ratio on the stripes would work better!

      Delete
  13. I want a pair of white white that don't highlight my thighs! Do you have any ideas???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, mine are obviously from Express, but Bri just did a post and link-up about white jeans. You can find it HERE.

      You might try checking out her review of the LOFT ones or going through some of the links in the linkup to see if anyone has some that look like they work for you!

      Delete
  14. These are gorgeous looks!! I love grabbing inspiration from pinterest
    Rachel x
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously love the title of these posts. It's nice to see these lifeless clothing items turn into an outfit when worn. I'm shocked you don't have a denim jacket! Mine is one of my favorite items in my closet. I wear it ALL THE TIME in the summer over dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one once upon a time but I just didn't wear it because I always preferred a moto jacket. It's just more me!

      Delete
  16. You always rock your moto jackets, so many great outfit ideas once again!! I'm really loving the stripes and loafers look it's really simple and chic. Hope you are having a nice week Gina:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the 'picked for you' pins that Pinterest provide, they are usually spot on! The pink cami is such a beautiful color and pops so much, there are so many ways you can rock this! You guys are always tempting me with a cami or a portofino! :)

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the olive tank with the blue moto jacket. Definitely more your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love white jeans for spring! Of course they're versatile (they are white after all), but I love how you show them so differently with different palettes on top. The pink is fun but I also love the olive/chambray combo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Olive green is slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite colors- there's just something so cool about it. I love the tank + white skinnies and chambray!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great outfits, especially the one with the hot pink cami. =))

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have that same olive tank but mine is not in shape for public wear. It's in the house clothes category. But you make me want a fresh one bc I love that combo! If you need another way to wear your navy Barcelona- you could do that same outfit but with the navy barci and the olive loft jacket! That looks good in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the second look, but then what to expect else, anything pink becomes my favourite haha! Great post, thank you for sharing :)


    Fashionably,
    Patricia
    http://www.wingsforliberty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loveee the pink against the white, it looks so great on you! I think my favorite is the stripes and loafers combo. I have so many pairs of loafers and I swear by them! I really wish that barcelona cami had worked for me but it just did not fit me well at all!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  25. Obsessed with that olive tank! That's a color that needs to get into my wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving all these looks...especially the olive & pink tanks. I may have been sitting with my mouth wide open in disbelief that you do not have a blue jean jacket..lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the olive tank and I just realized I need more olive in my closet <3

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the 1st look! I think the cami from the second look is vibrant, which is perfect for spring & summer. I also like the clutch from the 3rd outfit.

    Happy Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great outfits, the first two are my favorites!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the white jeans! That pink top is so cute!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the idea for this--I sometimes pin flat lay looks and wonder how they'll look in real life :) Love how yours turned out, especially the look with the bright pink top--I love it with the white jeans and that necklace.
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. And now I need an olive tank or tee! I love white jeans. It takes a lot of effort not to wear them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the post title! The olive and bright pink both look great with the white jeans! I'm going to have to recreate these!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey! I found your page from Andrea's Friday favorites link-up! I have been desperately searching for a pair of white skinnies. All of your looks have convinced me I have to buy some :) I am headed to express's website now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! I'm glad you found me. :) The white skinnies at Express seem to sell out quickly in some sizes but they have been re-stocking so it's worth re-checking every now and then if they don't have your size.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!