4/17/15

Friday Favorites 4/17/15

|
Happy Friday! I am ready for a weekend back at home to get caught up on life. And speaking of getting caught up, here's the latest outfits I shared on Instagram with all the details:

Outfit Recap:
Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Old Navy "North Beach Neon"/ Jeans: Express / Shoes: Vince Camuto Luciah (Similar) / Sunglasses: Nordstrom / Bracelet: Express / Nails: Essie "Good as Gold"

Jacket: Express/ Tee: Charlotte Russe / Necklace: Express / Leggings: Express / Shoes: Sole Society / Sunglasses: Nordstrom

Top: Express "Tile Blue" / Jeans: Express / Belt: Gap / Necklace: Old Navy / Bracelet: Stella & Dot / Sunglasses: Nordstrom / Shoes: Sam Edelman Sutton / Nails: Essie "Good as Gold"

Top: Express ("Rosy Cheeks") / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Nordstrom / Necklace: Express / Crossbody Bag: Aldo (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Good as Gold"

And here's the view from the front. With my fourth outfit below I had a jacket on and off throughout the day and it didn't make the insta-view above, but it's the Twill Moto Jacket from Express, exact color sold out.

I also wanted to note that the Charlotte Russe tee I'm wearing in the second outfit above will not be going on my favorites list. I've posted about wanting a longer tee to wear with leggings so I tried this when it was on sale for five dollars.  I like the length but it's really more sheer than I prefer and it didn't hold up well in the wash so I wanted to add that disclaimer in case anyone was considering it!


Utility:
I almost shared this in my packing post here, but I decided to keep that one to just the outfits. But I this striped Hooded Cover Up from Target for my last trip and it ended up doing triple-duty for me.

I wore it to and from the hotel pool, to and from the Starbucks in the lobby in the morning (with leggings as shown) and I slept in it one night. Not my most fashionable outfit, but it reminded me of a Stacy London quote from this post:"What you get from your wardrobe is really two-fold: there's utility and there's joy." This was a great utility piece.


Proper Credit
In my Wednesday post I mentioned the inspiration source for one of my outfits, but I didn't do a side-by-side like I usually do with my inspirations, so I have that today as well:


Noelle shared some of her favorite style inspirations this week in this postShe does a great job of highlighting some of her favorite bloggers and sharing what she likes about them, and it's always an enjoyable read for me!

Monday kicks off Taurus season so I'll see you back then with a Taurus Style post!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday/ Katie / Rachelle & Charnele / Laura & Erin / Alison Lindsey / Tara

CONVERSATION

40 comments:

  1. Pinning this to my OOTD planning board for when I have nothing to wear. I love the orange cami on you so much, it's a great color for you.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle! Yes, I am a little obsessed with that color considering I wore it twice this week!

      Delete
  2. I have and love the hooded coverup from Target! I live in it at home, sleep in it often, and even wore it to work with white jeans! So glad someone else is getting use of it like I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! Maybe they should rename the tunic to let people know how multi-functional it is!! So funny that you sleep in it too!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I got some great ideas for future outfits.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosey Cheeks, so that's the name of the cami color...I am still really loving it!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If you're looking in store it's a like a tomato-red on on the flip side of the top.

      Delete
  5. You should totally wear coral more often. It looks so good on you! I love it with the white. Also, I wish I was wearing that coverup and leggings right now. At home. In bed.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks for the kind words as always. I think that coral shade looks good on pretty much everyone!

      Delete
  6. So, orange and bright colors look incredible on you! But I think I say this with every instagram post! I would agree with all the bloggers above, wear it more!! I love that coverup and how versatile it is. I really want to thank you for having such versatile and affordable style. It is so refreshing, because some bloggers never reuse items or choose things that are wayyy too expensive. Thank you for your awesome posts and instagram snaps! Have a great weekend, Gina!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooo sweet Denise! Your comment truly made my day. I do re-wear things in real life all the time so I am glad if my blog reflects that. I think that's reality for most of us! So glad to have met you through blogging!

      Delete
  7. That first outfit I want from head to toe! Is the necklace really turquoise? It looks more like chrysoprase to me ( I doubt I spelled that correctly). It's so beautiful!

    And thank you for the love, as always :) you're the best Gina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, it's from Old Navy so it's definitely not real turquoise. I don't know what "stone" it actually is. Probably colored glass! But I get a lot of use out of it!

      Delete
  8. Have a great weekend! Love the orange and leopard. I am going to have to try this. And, I have been debating getting the leopard Sam Edelmans - I have 3 other pairs and they are the most comfy sandal ever!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the leopard! They are so versatile.

      Delete
  9. Awesome outfits!! I love that necklace in the second look :)

    I'm doing a giveaway over on my blog, it'd be awesome if you went and checked it out!!!
    whitnibble.blogspot.com I Naked Basics Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. that hooded up is cute!!
    i told KC i wanted a long white top and he had some amazon points so he let me order it off amazon (it didn't cost me any money therefore it does not count as shopping therefore i am still good on my no shopping month, right?!) and it has tons of good reviews so i will let you know how it is when i get it! always looking for the perfect long white tee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, keep me posted! I actually found one at Target (via reader tip) that is promising. I bought it and I just haven't worn it yet so I haven't shared it because you know...the whole visual component is kind of important!

      Delete
  11. I seriously love all of these outfits! I am saving up for those leopard flats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paige! And leopard flats (of any brand) are definitely a very useful piece!!

      Delete
  12. I'm loving the bright colors on you...I swear you are making me buy everything from express. The tee by Old navy outfit is my favorite still. So lovely!

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well, you influence me right back because you always pick a color or style I don't have yet and make it look fabulous.

      Delete
  13. I love that hoodie! I ordered those same white jeans from express but mine were SO see through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else on Instagram said the same thing! I wonder if they had a batch that was more sheer?? Sorry to hear that!

      Delete
  14. loving the rosy cheeks cami and the ways you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo, so much to love here! Loving the corals/orange-y tops lately!! Darn it...really love the Rosy Cheeks Barcelona! Looks great with olive! Also loving the bright blue porto with the pink necklace! Thanks for all the extra deets...I love that you have the colors listed for the tops from Express...hard to figure out otheriwse ;-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie!! I'm going to try to be better about doing that since there are so many similar looking colors. It's harder when I purchase in store since they don't list the colors on the tags anywhere!

      Delete
  16. Very cute, colorful spring looks! That coral color really does look super on you. And your accessories are spot on (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bright colors! Orange/coral look great on you! That Target cover up is super cute!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jill! And yes, I was so glad I had that cover up!

      Delete
  18. You have the best taste!! I need you to do my shopping! Lol! Do you mind asking what size the white express jeans r? I need to order them online, not sure how they run??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thank you so much for the nice compliment!! Almost all of my jeans are from Express, and the white ones (which are almost all sold out!!) run true to size for me in terms of Express sizing. I'm wearing a 00 in those, and in brands like Vigoss I'd wear a 24. At Gap I wear a 24 or 25. Hope that helps a little!

      Delete
  19. Thank you for your response, would you mind sharing size of coral old navy eve neck and the express blue shirt:) I think I want to order those too. You need to get commission!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) I'm wearing an XS in both the Old Navy tee and an XS in the Tile Blue Portofino shirt. And thanks for the kind words again! Most bloggers (myself included) do use affiliate programs on their blog and earn commission if a reader chooses to make a purchase. (At no cost to the reader, of course!) Just want to be transparent about that. :) I appreciate your support and hope I can continue producing content you enjoy!

      Delete
    2. Thank you again:) I received my old navy order today. Wondering if you found the v necks a little lose until you wash them. Did you think they shrunk up a little to be more form fitting?

      Delete
    3. They do shrink a bit if you wash and dry them. However, they're intended to be a relaxed fit so even when they shrink they won't be completely form fitting. That's the fit I wanted, but if you like a true fitted v-neck you might like one of these from Express OR
      Target . I've tried on both (and owned the Target ones in the past) and they're true to size but more fitted, especially through the waist!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!