4/10/15

Friday Favorites 4/10/15

|
Happy Friday! As usual I'm sharing my recent outfits from Instagram and a few other recent favorite products.

Instagram Outfit Recap:

I'm switching it up today and sharing the top-down view first with details followed by a front view of everything.
Olive Jacket: Nordstrom (Similar) / Tank: Target / Necklace: Express
Jeans: Nordstrom / Shoes: Sole Society / Bracelet: Charlotte RusseNails: Essie "Romper Room"

Blazer: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Sandals: Forever 21 (Similar) / Necklace: Robyn Rhodes "Teddy" c/o Rocksbox (use code onthedailyexpressxoxo to get a free trial month)  / Cuff: Nakamol c/o Rocksbox / Nails: Essie "Nothing Else Metals"

Top: ExpressJean Shorts: Target (Similar) / Sandals: Target (Similar) / Necklace: Express (SimilarCuff: Nakamol c/o Rocksbox (use code onthedailyexpressxoxo to get a free trial month or view the same cuff here) / Nails: Essie "Nothing Else Metals"

Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Bag: Forever 21 / Sandals: Aldo Grumney (Similar)

And here's the front view:

I also mentioned on Instagram that my fourth outfit was inspired by Rachelle. Sometimes it's getting dressed is easier when you have an 80% closet overlap with someone else and can borrow their style! Here's a side-by-side look at my copycat styling:
View Rachelle's original post here



Strapless Bras


In the last few weeks I've had a few questions about what kind of bra I wear with my Barcelona Cami.  I didn't even own a strapless bra prior to getting hooked on these camis, but now I'm so used to it that I forgot it was ever an issue in the first place

I don't know whether what I have is anything special, but it's this $15 Target optionI now have three of them because I use them so much! (They keep changing the link on this bra so if the link doesn't work, you can also search the Maidenform Self Expressions Women's i-Fit Strapless Bra on the Target site.)

I'm sure this is highly a matter of personal preference, so I polled some of my blogger friends for their recommendations as well:

Kellie likes this Soma Option

Noelle likes this VS Very Sexy Multi-Way bra

Rachelle likes this Gap Strapless Bra (UPDATE: Rachelle has a new favorite and it's this VS one, which is the same as Noelle likes.)

Carylee likes the Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria 

Since we are on the subject of bras my favorite everyday bra that's not strapless is the GAP Favorite Wireless Bra. It's not especially cute but it's very comfortable for all day wear and stays nice and smooth underneath your clothes. And of course, with GAP there are frequent promotional codes so I usually get it for around $25.


Sunless Tanner


I've also had a few comments on my "tan" here and on Instagram, and for the record it always comes from a bottle (and okay, a little extra help from those filters!).  Even though I go to the beach a lot I use lots of sunscreen and stay under portable shade most of the time. But I do have a new-to-me product I've really been liking this year. It's this Norvell Sunless Foam:
Norvell Sunless Tanner via Amazon

 It smells nice, is easy to apply and dries quickly. It also has a major color impact, so if you want something gradual it might not be the way to go. But if you want a fast, beach-worthy tan it's great for that!

I shared the rest of the products I normally use for self-tanning in this post but here's a quick recap for new readers or those who missed it:

Sunless Tanner Routine


Other tools I use in my sunless tanning routine:

Gloves: See the white part on those gloves? I cut the gloves off there so they cover just my hands. Then I wear these while I apply my sunless tanner so it doesn't stain my palms. It doesn't have to be the exact brand, really any dish gloves or latex gloves will work.

Foam Roller: "How do you apply sunless tanner to your back?" Easy! I apply a thick streak of the tanning foam to a 6 inch paint roller from the hardware store. Then I use the roller to reach every inch of my back. It also helps to use a handheld mirror in your free hand to look in the bathroom mirror while you do this.

Cosmetic Sponges: After I'm finished applying the foam everywhere, I remove the gloves, put a dab of foam on one of these wedges and apply it to the backs of my hands.

* * *
I will be traveling for Spring Break by the time you're reading this, so my apologies in advance if I get a little behind on comments! As always, I appreciate the time you take to stop by so thanks for reading and have a great weekend!



Enter the $400 Target Giveaway HERE 

Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion FridayDawn Lucy / Lindsey / Alison / Tara

Shop the Post:

CONVERSATION

40 comments:

  1. I just updated my strapless bra I got the plunge multi way by Victoria Secret https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/strapless-and-multi-way/plunge-multi-way-bra-very-sexy?ProductID=234879&CatalogueType=OLS It's a little pricey but is very comfy. Happy I was able to inspire you :), have a great spring break.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update and inspiration!! I will update the post with your current recommendation when I get back home :)

      Delete
  2. Such great outfits. My fav is the second one. That's so funny you use a roller to apply tanner. How creative is that? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Glad you like my tanning tricks!

      Delete
  3. Great outfit inspirations as always, Gina! Off topic but I stopped by Express yesterday and tried on a pair of white denim. I am seriously impressed. Sadly, my size wasn't available in store. I am going to place an online order. How are they holding up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sydney- they hold up really well. With wear throughout the day they don't stretch too much and end up looking baggy even though they have a good amount of stretch and are really comfortable to wear. And I do wear mine and launder them a lot (usually I hang them to dry) and they hold up great to that as well.

      Delete
  4. I really love the texture of the pink linen shirt in the outfit above...do you also have one similar in light blue (that you wore when you met Carylee)? I recently picked up one similar from ON, no realizing Express had them too!! Funny how a texture of fabric appeals to me so much, lol!! Have a GREAT trip girl!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean though! It's a more relaxed, summery fabric (vs a Portofino) I think. My blue one is similar, but different pockets and slightly different fabric. I have a white one I shared recently (1-2 Fridays ago) that's the same and it will be in Monday's post too. They do make that pink shirt in blue but since I already have the other you mentioned I decided not to get it.

      Delete
  5. I love your looks from this week, especially your pink and grey. I love how you recreated Rachelle's look. I liked that one so much too. I can't believe it is already time to break out the sunless tanner. I am using mine again too. I need to check out that brand you like as well as the foam sponges. You're a genius!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, so seriously i was gonna ask you about the bra and barcelona cami but i thought it might be a bit odd, so i didn't. i don't own a strapless bra - i know, i used to but never wore it so bye felicia - but i really love my cami and want to take it to europe.. so i am totally buying that target one... oh wait, no i'm not. doesn't come in my small, itty bitty titty committee size. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer that they don't have your size!! I would try Gap next for affordable options! (Or Target probably has something else in your size!)

      Delete
  7. No big deal but I am BLOWN away by the foam roller trick. I am totally that girl who guilt trips her sister into applying it onto my back... LIGHT BULB!!! LOL thank you!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need a tan and have been thinking of trying a self-tanner but wasn't sure which to try or how to apply it so thanks for these tips, hope I can find that foam here. Also, need a better strapless bra so going to check out these options. Have a great weekend Gina:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well even if you can't find that exact one, any kind of foam tends to be my favorite since they spread really easily and dry fast! Good luck bra shopping!

      Delete
  9. I love your Instagram recaps. Love the second outfit the best. The third one looks great also. You look beautiful in that soft shade of pink, Gina.

    Have a great weekend! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! Your style is amazing!

    xo,
    Bri
    www.cityfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some of the cutest clothes and styles. I love all your spring looks here.
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your second outfit is my favorite from this group! And Rachelles outfit makes me want to do blush and grey next!!! Your interpretation with the pop of mint is fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Can't wait to see what you do with blush and grey!

      Delete
  13. After seeing you style all your Barcelona camis, I have become obsessed and ordered 2 from Express' latest sale and one on ebay. So excited to style them. Now if I hadn't missed out on my favorite light pink textured moto jacket, I would be set! I can't even find any on ebay. I'm keeping an eye on it though! If you ever decide to get rid of yours, send it to me! haha Great outfits from the week. I appreciate that you don't always wear heels. It's hard to compete with bloggers who wear these gorgeous heels with their outfits. I just can't stand the pain from heels. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I will let you know about the pink moto. And I understand about the heels. They certainly make every outfit look nicer and I have some really fun pairs I would LOVE to wear more often than I do. But...it's just practical for me to wear them every day so I try to keep it to what I really wear.

      Delete
  14. Love all of these outfit inspirations! I really need to find a good strapless bra for my Barcelona cami's - thanks for the suggestions!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill and I hope you find a bra that works out for you!

      Delete
  15. Great instagram posts and outfits. As I always say you do casual stylish so very perfectly Gina. I am happy to see your latest here as in insta newsfeed not everything shows and I feel like I sometimes miss these. The blazer outfit is lovely, and great tips for sunless tanning. I should try it some day. I am always so afraid to turn orange LOL. Happy weekend. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elif! I am glad it doesn't feel redundant. It's very easy to miss stuff on Insta - I feel like it happens to me all the time!

      Delete
  16. Oh wow, the second outfit is so cute!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your ouffits are so freakin' cute, Gina! I love the Rocksbox jewelry and how you incorporated them into your look. They really did a great job "getting you". My third box was okay. I love the earrings they sent but one of the pair came damaged. And thanks for the tips on the sunless tanner. This is something I need to do but it really is a job and a half to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I agree about Rocksbox- I'm interested to see how the future months go. I thought for sure I would like maybe one piece at most.

      Delete
  18. I always love your Instagram pics, those strappy F21 sandals are so cute! I love the entire you look in fact with the pink barcelona cami!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. can you link me to the target $15 bra again? the link is invalid. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Sorry about that! They keep changing the link and I have no idea why. I'll update the post with brand info too so people can search it if the link changes. But here's the Current Link.

      Delete
  20. These outfits are adorable! I never would have guessed your tan comes from a bottle!! How often do you apply the sunless tanner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! With the Norvell sunless tanner I talked about here (in the springtime), I ended up using it about 1-2x per week on my legs throughout the summer for shorts. If I knew I was going to a pool or beach I'd apply it everywhere the day before. Typically I use my Jergens Natural glow every other day after I shower to maintain the color year-round.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!