4/2/15

Express 40% off Sale: Spring Favorites

|
I don't know how long we've been waiting for a big sale but it seems like a long time! Storewide 40% off is here at last and for today's Friday Favorites (coming to you a day early thanks to the sale) I have my usual outfit recap plus a highlight of a few of my other current favorites at Express.


Outfit Recap

Here's the front view of some outfits I shared recently on Instagram.

Taking it from the top for the details:
Top: ExpressShorts: J Crew / Sandals: Nordstrom / Necklace: Old Navy / Bracelet: Express / Nails: Essie "Romper Room"

Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Target / Short Necklace: CCO (Gift) / Long Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express / Bag: Forever 21 / Nails: Essie "Romper Room"

Top: ExpressJeans: ExpressSandals: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Forever 21 (Modified by me) / Bracelet: Stella & Dot Portia / Nails: Essie "East Hampton Cottage"


Storewide 40% Off Sale Favorites:
Here are some of my tried-and-true Express purchases, including some outfits by a few of my favorite bloggers, too!


Jackets: 
Jackets don't seem to go on sale nearly as often as other things at Express (like tops and jeans). I don't know why that is, but you if you've had your eye on a jacket I would make it a top priority for this sale!

Drape Collar Fleece JacketThis one is actually pretty warm for a spring jacket. It feels like a hoodie but much cuter!
Buy it Here

Textured Knit Moto JacketThe sleeves on this do run long but it doesn't really bother me. I just roll them if I feel the need.
Buy it Here / Also seen on Carylee

Twill Moto JacketThis has come in a lot of colors over the last couple of years and currently they only have the "Licorice" option, which is what I'm wearing in all three pictures below. It's the first one I bought and a great option to have.  (I clearly wear this with my Barcelona Camis a lot!)
Buy it Here


Tops:

Portofino ShirtsThis shirt comes in dozens of prints and colors so I feel like I can never do it justice in a quick roundup post like this. But I recently shared outfit pairing ideas for this in every color of the rainbow, so if you want more styling ideas for this shirt check out this post for colors and this one for black, white, stripes!


 Buy it Here / As seen on Noelle / Sheila /  Rachelle

A few of my recent-ish Portofino Shirt outfits:
Solid Portofinos: Here / Galaxy Stripe Portofino: Here

Barcelona Camis: This makes a great layering piece for all for seasons and it's great on its own for summer. I shared a few of my outfits with this in Twill Jacket segment above, but here are three more styling options for it by some other fashionable ladies:
Buy it Here / As seen on Noelle / Charnele / Rachelle 

Honorable Mention: Knot Front TeeThis is one of the rare items at Express that seems to work for everyone except me. I guess I should be happy that it's money saved, but these girls LOVE this tee and I love the way they style it, so it's a little sad being left out on this one!
All three outfits with the Knot Front Tee by Skye

Knot Front Tee as seen on RachelleCarylee /Kellie 

Jeans: 

For a nice classic pair of jeans, I don't think you can beat the Express Mid Rise Jeans. It's also really helpful that they come in short, regular, and long lengths. Carylee and I are both wearing Short here, and for reference I'm 5'4" and Carylee is 5'2":

My other basic denim staples are the White Mid Rise (far right) and Black Mid Rise Skinnies.  Both of those are also available in three lengths. I recently added the White Cropped Distressed pair to my collection (on the left) and will be using those a lot this spring and summer because they work great with ankle strap sandals.
Shown with Express Barcelona Cami / Marled Crepe Hem Sweater /and Cardigan (Sold Out)

Thanks for sticking with me for a longer post today! As you can see it's hard for me to narrow down my favorites!

Next week I have a couple of really fun guests lined up for two Spring Break Spotlight posts on Monday and Wednesday. If you are on Instagram and are looking to improve your selfie game, my guests have lots of helpful tips so you will not want to miss those posts!



Enter the $400 Target Giveaway HERE 

Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion FridayDawn Lucy

Shop the Post:


CONVERSATION

23 comments:

  1. Girl, I came over to investigate who I thought was wearing my floral skirt and I discover a post on a Thursday! I just got home from your favorite store btw, came home with my 2nd portofino and a floral peplum top. I may never catch up to you portofino queens :) I still need to go online and get the front knot tee, they didn't have a great variety of colors at my local store! So as to the floral skirt, is it Reese Witherspoon?

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was Reese! I didn't post that exact outfit of her wearing it but I did come across it during my hunt for her printed skirt looks. Now I'm sure I'll never be able to find it again!

      Delete
  2. I was doing so good at ignoring this sale then I saw your post and now I want a new pair of jeans after I destroyed a pair last friday lol.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I don't know how I missed it, but I adore the outfit with the dark twill moto jacket and fuschia/purple cami...cauute!!! Second, I totally caved!!! Currently on their way to me are another barcelona cami and the pink textured knit moto!!!!! Eeeeee!!!! So excited - I got such a great price on the moto jacket (it was on sale, PLUS the additional 40% off)....after drooling over yours for so long, I had to bite the bullet :-) Thanks for enabling me.....j/k!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would be posting about this! I will for sure be heading there tomorrow to check out the sale. May be buying a new portofino or a front knot tee, dying for it in white!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great outfits. I am envious of your Portofino collection. They do look amazing with a short skirt like you showed on the 3 ladies above. Those coral shorts and the outfit you created with them is the cutest. I also adore the mini floral skirt. I saved so many of these.

    Have a great weekend, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh i forgot about that knot front tee. so cute. i love the colour Carylee is wearing. i'm not shopping this month (3rd day... only a bazillion more to go!). and those target shoes are so fetch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to get one of those moto jacket during the sale.

    P.S. I love how you styled your bright barcelona cami. Doesn't the bright tone go so well with white??

    P.P.S. Need to copy your white portofino sleeveless top and pink shorts combo! ASAP.

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to splurge and get a jacket! Love the textured knit moto and drape collar jacket! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo many great looks!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your notifications about sales... danger! I love those lighter jeans in the middle top picture. they almost look pastel blue. So pretty!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all this style inspo for spring, and my wallet is super scared about these sales! :P

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to know....what kind of bra are you all wearing with those Barcelona camis??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! I always wear This One. (Only $15 at Target!) If you want a few more suggestions I polled a few bloggers on their favorite strapless bra in This Post .

      Delete
  13. You always do such a great round-up of looks! I might have to do some shopping with 40% off, like the textured moto jacket!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! I know I talk about the same products a lot so I try to at least diversify the outfits I'm sharing - whether mine or other bloggers' looks!

      Delete
  14. Love all of these so much! I need to take an express break though, as I've been going a little crazy there lately! Everything is just so cute and versatile, it's hard to resist. Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the only thing I don't already own in this round up is the black moto jacket!! I do love it and it's tempting but my wallet longs for warm weather stuff!! Thanks for the shout outs! You do such a great job showing the versatility of these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited about the Express sale, especially since I just got an email that I have a $10 Express Rewards credit! Woohoo!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all three jackets! Now I need a moto jacket for my spring wardrobe. Those short jeans also seem perfect for me so thanks for the recommendation! :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pink shorts are the cutest!! I would totally wear those!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the feature :D. I'm happy to note that I took part of the 40% off. Which reminds me, that I need to active my membership :D.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!