1. Option One: Black Jacket or Cardigan + White Top + Grey Jeans
2. Option Two: All Black on Top + Grey Jeans
3. Option Three: White Top + Grey Jeans
I tried out each of these options with pieces I own, and option one was my personal favorite, but I could see myself wearing any one of these at different times.
Express / Barcelona Cami: Express / Grey Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar)
TWO: Portofino Shirt: Express / Grey Jeans: Express / Necklace: Old Navy (Similar) / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)
THREE: Portofino Shirt: Express / Grey Jeans: Express / Necklace: Old Navy / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)
Gap vs. Express Grey Jeans
Before I settled on this pair of grey jeans from Express, I also tried a pair from the Gap. I wanted to share the comparison and details for them in case anyone else has their eyes on them. The Gap pair is online only (and return by mail only) so sometimes little extra info is helpful when you can't try in store.
Gap 1969 Always Skinny Jeans / Right Two Images: Express Mid Rise Extreme Stretch Jean Legging
I liked the lighter wash of the Gap jeans (even though they looked darker than the stock photo) and wanted them to work, but I ended up returning them for several reasons:
- The Gap jeans have basically no stretch. For me, they were kind of uncomfortable. The Express jeans do have stretch (hence the name) and they were much more comfortable to move in and get on/off.
- The back pockets on the Gap jeans sit lower than the back pockets on the Express jeans. I always feel like this gives the impression of a saggy butt, and nobody wants that. (I think....)
- In my outfit picture, I have the Gap jeans tucked under at the ankle hem. They are a little longer than the Express jeans and not as narrow at the ankle. I could easily get them hemmed, but considering the first two issues it wasn't worth it.
* * *
I'll probably keep looking for a second pair of lighter grey jeans so I hope you all will keep me posted if you find a great option! And just in case you missed the announcements, I have a couple of Giveaways going on right now:
Enter to win $800 to Nordstrom: HERE
Enter to win a Rebecca Minkoff Bag: HERE
Shop the Post:
Linking up with:
Alison / Lindsey / Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice
Friday: Erika, Andrea and Narci / JoLynne