3/6/15

Outfit Recap and One-Eleven Reviews

|
Happy Friday! I have my usual Instagram outfit recap up first today, followed by my reviews of the new One-Eleven Collection at Express so let's get started:

Insta-Outfit Recap: 

Here's the front view of this week's Instagram outfits:

And the top-down view with item details:

Jacket: Express / Barcelona Cami: Express / Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Booties: Target / Nails: Essie Blanc

Sweater: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: Express / Shoes: Steve Madden / Nails: Essie Blanc


Blazer: Express / Barcelona Cami: Express / Grey Jeans: Express / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Link Bracelet: Express (Similar) / Bag: Forever 21 (Similar) /  Nails: Essie Bahama Mama


Jacket: Express /  Tank: Target / White Jeans: Express / Bag: Forever 21 (Similar) / Booties: Forever 21 / Nails: Essie Bahama Mama

I didn't really think either of my pictures did this Fleece Drape Collar Jacket justice, so I wanted to include the stock photos for extra detail. This jacket makes me feel like I'm wearing a hoodie - it's really, really comfortable. But with the moto jacket styling it's a lot better looking than your average hoodie, and also pretty warm.



Express One-Eleven Reviews 

Last Friday I talked about the launch of the new One-Eleven line at Express and promised to update with more details once I had my order. I received my order this week and also had a chance to try a couple of other items in store, so here's the scoop:

Lace Trimmed Trapeze Cami:
Lace Trimmed Trapeze Cami Details: This was the piece I was most excited about, but when I got it I just didn't like the bottom hem. I was hoping it would lay more flat and straight across like it looks on the model and similar to a Barcelona cami, but longer so I could wear it with leggings. But with the side slits and the stretchy fabric, the front hem fell in a very jagged way that just didn't suit me.

I put the Trapeze Cami (left) in the same outfit I styled with the Barcelona Cami (on the right) for a side-by-side comparison between the two different tops. I also think this picture shows a little better how the hem naturally falls on the Trapeze cami.

Striped Drop Hem Tunic Tee
Striped Drop Hem Tunic Tee Details: This collection has only been available for two weeks and this top must have been popular because the color combination I'm wearing is already sold out! It's still available in grey and I think I may end up getting that too because this is my favorite piece in the collection so far. I loved the relaxed fit and the ultra-soft fabric, and it looks just as cute with shorts for summer:



Navy Striped Curve Hem Tee:
Navy Striped Curve Hem Tee  Details: I'm wearing an XS in this and I loved this top, but my concern was that if I bend forward even slightly, the scoop neck falls wide open in the front. I would either have to wear a cami underneath for coverage or be very mindful about my movements, and I wasn't ready to commit to either of those things so I held off on the purchase.


One Eleven Olive V Neck Tee:
One Eleven Olive V Neck Tee Details: After trying on all the other pieces from the One-Eleven line, I was expecting everything in the line to have that oversized/relaxed fit. But this v-neck tee did not follow suit. It was very fitted and much shorter in the torso than other pieces. Out of curiosity I tried on a few sizes (labeled above) to see how much difference there was between sizes and what size I'd have to get for a more relaxed fit. I liked the length on the Medium best, but ultimately it just wasn't a favorite for me. 

* * *

Before you go, if you haven't entered my giveaways, you can check them both out at these links:

Enter to win $800 to Nordstrom: HERE
Enter to win a Rebecca Minkoff Bag: HERE

And on Monday I'm kicking off a new series that I'm pretty excited about so I hope you'll stop by and check it out. I'm also traveling over the weekend so I apologize in advance if I get a little behind on comments. I hope to get back on track next week!

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday/  Alison / Lindsey / Grace, Elizabeth, Brenna / Tara

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. your one eleven review is on point, I love the stripe tee and kept it. Now I'm holding off buying anything at Express so that I can update my portofinos, I got rid of 10 so now I have zero guilt to get new colors. Safe travels and have fun this weekend.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fleece moto jacket looks soooo cozy!!! I didn't know they had it in fleece and love the idea of the more casual vibe it offers while still being a structured jacket! Tanks for the review on the one eleven items...I love all the stripes they are offering in it and I think you made good choices on what to keep! Happy travels girl!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your moto jackets are fabulous! I love the striped tunic tee and the trapeze cami from the one eleven collection!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing the front image after getting the top view teaser on Insta. :) Thanks for sharing the trapeze cami and the tunic tee. I am a sucker for a fun hem, and really liked both of those when you shared the Express pictures. I feel like you always give a really good review of products!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Insta outfits. xx
    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that striped drop hem tunic! I am going to have to check that out this weekend. I also need to check out the moto and the fleece jackets. They would be perfect for spring in Ohio. Have safe travels and a fun weekend! My sister is on a plane on her way here as I type this. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh I am obsessed with your pink jacket. Even though I have it in black I want to purchase it again in that color haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the striped tee - but I have one already and I really don't need it... that scoop neck one is super cute, and I wear a cami under everything anyway so it wouldn't be an issue (also i have zero boobs, there's that) and i love the curved bottom hem thingy. adding it to my list o shit to buy.
    that lace hem tank - yeah, super not cute. bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love being able to see your front views of your outfits here!
    And thanks for the thorough review on the one eleven collection. Overall I don't think its for me. past carylee would have loved it because I'm all for flowy and relaxed. But I've realized the type of fit isnt for me because it just makes me look bigger. I will continue to check out the pieces though. It's definitely a great price point!
    Safe travels!! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that pink jacket, great outfits xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The details of that pink jacket is gorgeous. Really loving the color on you. I am desperate for the warmer weather to be here =) Short sleeve tops sound really good right now. Have a wonderful weekend, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww man, I love the striped tee, sorry to hear it's sold out already :( I always lover your IG top down pics!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cozy looking moto jacket! They are the best! Flattering, comfy, and put together! I also am curious about their new line. I think some of those tees would be great for lounging. I put another express order in btw - a white fit and flare strapless dress and the watercolor Barcelona. Excited to get them, hope the dress is a go! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why that striped tee is sold out already. It fits great on you. FYI I love every single moto jacket you own... no really I'm serious haha

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can I have all your moto jackets please? I'll take one in each color. That last black sweatshirt type jacket looks insanely comfy. Those are my favorite pieces. Something about the fleece lining..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your reviews. They are want help me buy stuff online vs needing to try them from Express. To bad the striped tee was sold out. Safe travel my friend.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love this review! I have those knotted tops from the line and they are sooo comfy and I love the length. I also really love that trapeze cami you put on here. I definitely need to try it and seriously need to get my hands on one. Also, loving that moto jacket! I think your photos did do it justice!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. TEXTURED KNIT MOTO JACKET looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post!! You did beyond an excellent job and I now have s feel for the Express pieces. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am absolutely obsessed with your style! Every time I stop by, I wonder why I don't shop Express more!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this! I have to admit, I fell out of love with Express a while ago. I guess I just kind of forgot about them. This makes me want to get online right now and order some new pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Swooning over this! Love the post, gorg! Have a lovely Sunday! Xo

    Evolution of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving that express jacket from your first picture especially!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  25. That Fleece drape collar jacket is super cute and I would purchase and wear that in a second!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Visiting from What I Wore Wednesday. I love the turquoise necklace!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!