3/20/15

Friday Favorite 3/20/15

|
Happy Friday! For Friday Favorites today I have my usual Instagram Outfit Recap and I'm finishing off the Unofficial Rainbow Week with a little more on color pairing for (mostly) Portofino Shirts.


Outfit Recap:


Up first, the top-down view of the things I wore this week with details and links to the items that are still available (or similar options if I have them handy!):

Express Original Fit Button Down Shirt, Mid Rise Jeans, Sole Society Leopard Flats
Top: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: Stella & Dot / Flats: Sole Society / Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going"

Express Coral Portofino Shirt, White Old Navy Shorts, Sam Edelman Leopard Sandals
Top: Express / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) /Sandals: Sam Edelman Sutton (Option) / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar)/ Bracelet: Express / Nails: Essie "Beyond Cozy"


Gap Moto Jacket, Express Barcelona Cami, Sole Society Flats
Jacket: Gap / Top: Express / Necklace: Charlotte Russe (Similar) / Black Skinnies: Express / Flats: Sole Society/ Nails: Essie "Blanc"

Front View:

And here's how it all looks from the front:


(Props to my sister for the mint and grey outfit combo! She picked up the grey moto jacket after seeing it on me in person and sent me a picture of herself wearing it with a mint tee so I decided to follow suit. I love it when outfit inspiration comes full circle like that!)



Taste the Rainbow:


This week (in Part One and Part Two ) I compiled some of my favorite outfit options for my favorite shirt (the Portofino Shirt) but I left out my own outfit photos so I could have nice, pinnable images for each color in those posts. But I wanted to see how close I could come to creating my own rainbow so I organized my outfits ROYGBIV Plus style:




My orange shirt is the only above one that's not a Portofino  and it's from Bebe but no longer available).

To shop for any of the other tops above:
Solid Portofinos: Here
Striped Portofino: Here
Contrast Piping Portofino: Here


Rainbow in the Skye:

One of my other favorite ways to get Portofino-pairing ideas from is the original Express Shopaholic, Skye. I often refer to her outfits on Pinterest but also wanted to put some of her color pairings together rainbow-style for quick reference:



Again, she is mostly wearing Portofino shirts in these photos, but for any other outfit details you can check in with her on Instagram


* * *

I found it really helpful to organize outfits by color this week and it gave me a lot of new ideas for how to wear things. The problem is I feel like I forget it all when I go to get dressed in the morning and end up starting back at square one.  I'm considering printing out the pages from my posts this week to hang in my closet for quick reference. I haven't quite figured out the best method for that, but I will keep you posted if I actually follow through!


Shop the Post:







Enter the $400 Target Giveaway HERE 

Enter the $800 Nordstrom Giveaway HERE.


Linking up with:
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion FridayDawn Lucy / Alison Lindsey 

CONVERSATION

23 comments:

  1. Pinning galore! I love all these colorful looks and I love how Skye doesn't tuck her shirt in, I have to try that! And I need to start tying my shirt in the front like you do. I'm such a copycat hahahaha! Have a great weekend!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gina, you complete me! Thanks for the fab mentions. I love love how you captioned it "Rainbow in the Skye". You are the best. I love this post. Mucho gracios!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Glad you liked the caption of your segment and thanks for being one of my fave style inspirations and always letting me share your outfits here!

      Delete
  3. I love the rainbow of colors! So many cute looks!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink with white shorts look! You are so ready for spring

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm i find taking photos of outfits - which you obviously already do - helps me remember what i can wear or what i've planned to wear. but you obviously already do that, so never mind me. love the mint and grey, i want a mint top now! i also really really love the sole society pointed flats / loafers. why for so expensive?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture-taking definitely helps, but if I want to refer to something I already wore I don't have any easy way to search through my outfits. I store them by date in my files which works for blog stuff, but it's not as easy when I'm getting dressed to go through them that way.

      Also, Forever 21 has some cute pointed toe flats for very affordable prices! I have had good luck with their shoes considering the price. They don't have leopard but they have a lot of other options. Free shipping through today, too! I ordered a pair of white pointed toe flats from there that I'm hoping to wear a lot this spring. (If they work out, anyway!)

      Delete
  6. I'm so jealous you can wear shorts already. The white shorts with the coral top is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your colors from this week. The coral and mint look so good on you. I am totally digging those studded heels with your orange portofino.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love every single one of these looks! I love shirts too, have a fair few myself, but not quite as many as you :)

    Carolyn
    http://stylishmemories.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving every single look and all the color! Happy spring and Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always look so pulled together, and I'm especially liking that Gap jacket. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Taste The Rainbow line of pics. I enjoy wearing color, to much dark s dreary!! Be bright cheerful and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Taste the rainbow indeed! These shirt colors are so tempting! I love the ways both you and Skye have styled your portofinos :) Gina I so need a tutorial on how you take our IG top down view pics...I can't do it LOL

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looks!! You have THE BEST shoes!! I'm totally obsessed with those Sole Society pointed toe flats. Looks great in both black and leopard!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The second outfit is my all time favorite of yours. Everything was perfect in that outfit. I ;ove the others as well, but the second one is the bomb. Going to see if I can find a short like yours.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! It's all amazing. My favorite is the Gap jacket. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome looks.They look so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooo many great ideas! I really like the gray and mint green together. I know what you mean about having the images on the phone/computer and then standing in the closet trying to remember what to put together. First world problems. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great outfit recap, really love that sherbert color chiffon top! Xo


    Evolution of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  19. I seriously love every single one of these! I am loving all the portofino tops and I have been debating that striped one and now I definitely want it!! I am loving all of these looks, I mean seriously.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im the worst at organising clothes for the week! I love these outfit choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!