3/11/15

Coffee Date with Tatiana

|
I love getting to know other bloggers better, and every month I use my Coffee Date series as an excuse to do just that. This month, I asked Tatiana of We Shop in Heels to be my guest. I have followed her blog for about a year now and have always admired her glamorous style. I was fascinated to learn that she is originally from Bolivia since I don't know any other bloggers with a similar background. Read on to get to know her better and learn some of her fashion and beauty tips.

Original Outfit Posts: One / Two / Three / Four /

Sneakers & Coffee / Glam Dress

Tell us a little about you: where you grew up, where you live now, and what you do for a living.
Tatiana: I was born and raised in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. After I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting at 22 years old, I came to New York through a cultural interchange program to study English and the American culture.  I ended up loving the United States and staying here. I performed different types of jobs to continue my education until I got a job in the Accounting field and stayed in that for 5 years. However, I was always interested in the beauty field, so I decided to give it a try and start a new venture. Now I actually work for a designer make-up brand as a beauty advisor/make-up artist.

I don't think I can even imagine how life in Bolivia would be compared to life here in the States. How would you describe the differences?
Tatiana: Life is very different here vs. Bolivia. People in Bolivia are very laid back. I recently took a vacation to visit my family and I enjoyed it a lot. It’s like nothing has changed except everyone is getting older (including me! ha!). I always think I belong to two different worlds – I love my life in the United States where I found the love of my life (my husband), and I feel free to achieve anything I want with hard work, it’s my American Dream. At the same time, I miss my family in Bolivia– my roots and where half of my heart belongs.

 It seems like pageant culture is big in South America, and South American women frequently win the Miss Universe pageant. Is it popular where you grew up in Bolivia or is it a small subset of people like it is here in the States?

Tatiana: Yes, in my country (Bolivia) pageant culture is big. Everyone can name the different contests they have over there. We have beautiful women who represent the beauty of the country, and showcase our culture and traditions to the world. I grew up watching the Miss Universe pageant, however, it has changed a lot with the years.

Besides pageants, what other pastimes were popular in Bolivia?
I like to watch soccer! It’s a big sport in South America, and I was a big fan of a local soccer team when I lived in my country. Since my Bolivian Soccer team didn’t make it to the Soccer World Cup 2014 in Brazil, I supported the Argentinian team, because I am a half Argentinian by my father’s side.

Let's switch gears a little bit and talk about your blog. How long have you been blogging and what’s been the most surprising aspect for you? 

Tatiana: I have been blogging for over a year. My biggest surprise about blogging is how big and supportive this blogging community is. I knew about a few bloggers when I first started, and I have made lots of bloggers friends along the way.

Do you have any recommended reading for other bloggers?
Tatiana:  I recently read this article from Heart IFB and I found it very helpful:

Do you have any other hobbies besides blogging?
Tatiana: I love traveling. Whenever there is an opportunity to explore a new country I take it.. I am an adventurer at heart. I also love doing makeovers to my customers. I enjoy helping women to look their best, and giving advice to find the best products according to their needs.


We seem to have come back to the subject of beauty! Since you're something of an expert in this area, I'd love to know your favorite lip and nail colors since those are my two favorite areas to experiment!

Tatiana: I’m a red lipstick hoarder. Two of my favorites are Chanel Rouge Coco Gabrielle and Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy #400. For nails I love Russian Navy from OPI.  I always go for this dark blue shade during the Fall/Winter Season.


Tatiana's FavoritesChanel Lipstick /  OPI Polish / Armani Lipstick  Sources: One / Two / Three


All of my Coffee Dates need a little fashion discussion, so let's back up to the first time I "met" you. You were wearing the Anchor Print Portofino shirt from Express, and I loved the way you paired it with your white pumps. That was almost a year ago, so I'm sure you have a few new favorites in your wardrobe now!
Original Outfit Posts: One  / Two / Three /  Four  

Tatiana: Some of my latest purchases are a neon pink blazer, a red trench, and a pair of sneakers that had made me put my high heels aside. I’m seriously in love with them.


I'm always posting about celebrity style, so who would you consider Celebrity Style Inspiration? 

Tatiana: I recently discovered through your blog that Taylor swift is a Sagittarian just like me. So I have been watching her style lately.

Well that is is too cool that I helped you make that connection through my Astrology Style Series.  And it completely makes sense that you would be drawn to her style because she's got that red lip, classic thing that you like! 

We should probably wrap it up here, and judging by your coffee cup you'll probably want to touch up that red lipstick now, too! And by the way, I forgot to ask...what's in that coffee cup?

Tatiana:  I love a caramel macchiato hot or cold, depending on the season.

* * *
I loved getting to know Tatiana today and one thing I really noticed while going through her pictures is that she does an amazing job of choosing locations for them. To keep up with her and see where she'll be shooting next, be sure to follow along with her blog or find her on Instagram!

And before you go, just a quick reminder that today is the last day to enter to win the Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC. I've included the Rafflecopter below for easy entry!




 a Rafflecopter giveaway


Shop the Post:





Linking up with:
Alison Lindsey / Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice
Friday: ErikaAndrea and Narci / JoLynne

CONVERSATION

25 comments:

  1. I love Tatiana's style! It's so fun to read these coffee date series to learn more about my favorite bloggers!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tatiana's style, loved getting to know more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tatiana's style and blog, so it was so fun to learn more about her. Thanks for doing this! She is a beauty expert!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!! Wow, she is a classic beauty with style for sure! Fun to get to know about her story!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out her blog- she's beautiful and so stylish!

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found her blog, her style is fab!! I love meeting/connecting with new bloggers!! its half the fun of what we do!

    xoxo,
    Tara Belle
    Northern Lights – Southern Belles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Tatiana's style! I've been following her for quite a while now. She's the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tatiana is gorgeous just like all Southern American Women. Didn't know she won a pageant. She is incredibly stunning and stylish. Loved reading this and I enjoyed her interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Ada, I didn't win or ever participate in a Beauty contest :) I'm happy you enjoyed the interview!

      Delete
  9. hahaha 'she's got that red lip, classic thing that you like'. and t-swizzle loves a good sundress too, like Tatiana in the first picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should had told me that I got red lipstick on my teeth (bad friend!) lol The red lips on the coffee cup is definitely inevitable unless we are wearing chapstick lol ;) I got so much fun doing this coffee series interview with you!

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tatiana is gorgeous and I can't believe I haven't been following her (I am now!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Tatiana's glam style and her blog, I always find inspiration from her styling. It's cool to learn more about her background and how life is back in Bolivia. Another great coffee date post Gina!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been following her blog for about two or three months now and I love her style! I love that she's from Bolivia. Brings more diversity to my feed :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is gorgeous and she has a great sense of style. Thanks to you I found another great blogger! :)

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tatiana is a very sweet girl and I love her blog very much. She is beautiful inside and outside. Her style is impeccable. She has beautiful hair too! XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you featured Tatiana! This was a fun read, and I never would have guessed she was from Bolivia. What an interesting background! And she does have really great style!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful girl! Thanks for introducing her to us!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. She looks beautiful. A touch of red lipstick sure goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tatiana is such a babe! Great feature- love these coffee dates, Gina! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a great series! I LOVE the answers and getting to know bloggers more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like how you pair vivid colors with dark shades - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your interview questions! I cannot wait to check her page out :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful post
    http://tr3ndygirl.com/
    kiss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!