1/14/15

The Rest of the BSC

|
Today it's part two of some nostalgic fashion inspiration. In Monday's post, Kristen and I shared which characters from the Baby-Sitters Club best represent us (based partly on results from this quiz), and now it's time for some updated styling of the remaining three original members of The BSC.


Kristy:
Kristy was the character I related to the very least. She describes herself as a tomboy (strike one), hates makeup (strike two), and clothes. (Strike three...you're out, Kristy!). And her most favorite item of clothing is apparently the turtleneck, which is something I don't even own:


So what can I duplicate that she wears? A t-shirt and sweatpants. That's all I've got heree. This isn't something I'd wear outside the house but luckily joggers are a thing now so it's not completely humiliating to share this.
White Tee: Gap / Fleece Joggers: Express / Converse: Nordstrom

Claudia:
Claudia was another character that I didn't really connect with, although I did find her more likable than Kristy. And at least she liked clothes and candy, so we had something in common. But she had more adventurous fashion tastes than I do, plus her signature item is yet another piece I don't own: the vest:

The best I could find for Claudia-style is this oversized white top and jeans. And since I never got into the wedge sneaker trend, I'm opting for booties instead:
London Sweater: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Booties: Target / Necklace: Express

Stacey:
Before Dawn came into the books, Stacey was my favorite character because she was pretty much the only one cared about what she wore. And she was all city-savvy, which I wasn't as a kid but I wanted to be. Stacey's style is very feminine and girly:

And I'm not personally big on dresses or skirts, but Stacey also loves pink and denim, and that I can do.
T-Shirt: Old Navy (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Jacket: Express (Similar) / Converse: Nordstrom

This group of girls made it quite a challenge for me to interpret their outfits, but I can see myself actually wearing The Claudia, so thanks for the inspiration, Baby-Sitters Club. And  just in case you missed it on Monday, you can enter the $590 Nordstrom Giveaway using the Rafflecopter below!

Shop the Post:




a Rafflecopter giveaway


Linking up with:
Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Victoria / Shanna / Tara / JoLynne / Jill, Brooke & Erika, Ada

Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

CONVERSATION

28 comments:

  1. those express joggers and the target booties are my fav items! love your looks! xoxo

    http://midoriline.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, just looking at those book covers makes me laugh...brings back some serious fashion memories!! In fact, I was just remembering the other day the whole turtle neck/sweat shirt days!! Great modern outfit interpretations...funny how you can really pull inspo from anything! :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love today and Monday's post, I was a huge Babysitters Club fan growing up so these posts are so nostalgic! Love it!

    xo, Jasmin
    www.jasmindaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm somewhere between Stacey and Claudia, I love vests ans skirts :)

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Yeah I ignored Kristy's dislike of makeup and such. I wasn't into makeup or clothes at all (at all at all) but I knew I would be when I grew up so I still couldn't relate to it lol. I related to Claudia the least - she always had snacks hidden in her room and I knew I couldn't do that - zero willpower, I'd have eaten them all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I loved reading the Baby Sitter's club! Love your inspired looks!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to laugh at the turtleneck looks. This reminds me of Full House which we've been watching non-stop since my kids discovered that is back on TV. You should totally do a post on Full House :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you recreated the book cover looks for 2015! Those Express joggers are super cute!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I look at these cover, these girls were truly on point with their fashion. Love your recreation of them :)

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea for outfit inspo, you seriously always keep me guessing! Fantastic!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot believe you don't even own a turtleneck! I love the sweatpants on you. I swear, every time I try them on I look like a total fool. You continue to impress me with your endless inspiration.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate turtlenecks, even mock ones so I'm with you on the turtleneck! I love your recreating of the character looks. Great post! Happy humpday!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may not believe this but I never read the BSC books, love this idea of recreating the cover looks. I love your bright pink tee with the jacket and the white London sweater!! Another creative post Gina! :)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you created looks in honor of The Babysitter's Club!! I totally read these books too. I can't remember who I did and didn't like but I remember that I liked the series. All are such great outfits. Cute post! :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was chuckling through this because I was obsessed with the babysitters club! I had every book and would read it in one sitting! Every time my mom and went to target, I would make a beeline for the book section. Remember the TV show too? I loved Claudia! And the one with diabetes, who was that?! Anyway, very cute idea for a post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Que postagem maravilhosa.
    Vídeo Novo: https://www.youtube.com/user/NekitaReis/channel
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very creative Gina! xoxo
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute that you did this!! I don't have the imagination to do these things clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! The Babysitters Club was one of my favorite series as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yessss, another BSC post! And while you are sooooo not a Kristy- you nailed her look even better than she did (and no turtleneck required)!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ugh. The phone ate my comment.
    But to sum up- I love the joggers.
    Stacey was my favorite.
    Loved this flashback!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Even though I have no idea about Baby sitters club, I loved this and the last post, because clearly it was something you all grew up with. Love your interpretation of Kristi the most!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Continuing with Monday's post, I am loving this one. You are so thoughtful and creative (always). I am dying over that first super casual yet adorable outfit. I want your pants. The second outfit is something I can easily re-create since I even own that same sweater and lace cami. ;-) You make it so easy for me, Gina.

    P.S. Join my link-up today, if you like. Thanks babe.

    Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This may be my favorite post series ever! Yes, Stacy was a fan favorite before Dawn.

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the London sweater, but I'm not sure what size to order. No Express nearby to try on :( I'm tall and usually a medium, but want it to fit long and slightly loose. Would you recommend I order med. or large? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary,

      I would order your normal size (medium). It does run oversized and stretches with wear throughout the day. I debated whether to get XS or S since I also wanted it long, and the sales people in store encouraged me to get the xs because of the stretching. I'm glad I did. Hope that helps a little!

      Delete
  26. Love this post so much because I was a complete BSC fan as a kid! I was a total Mary-Anne. But perhaps now I'm a bit more experiential in my fashion a la Claudia -- she would have totally approved of my love of pattern-mixing! :D

    Jen @ Librarian for Life + Style

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this post and Happy Birthday, hanks for linking up and I hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!