1/30/15

Friday Favorites 1/30/15

|
Happy Friday! I'm linking up with Friday Favorites as usual and sharing a few of my favorite things this week.


1. Winter White...Jeans

I posted about getting over my ridiculous hangups about white jeans back here, and clearly I am 100% cured of those issues. To the point that I had to get a backup pair of my current favorite pair, the Mid Rise White Jean Leggings (from Express, natch).

ONE: Black Moto jacket: Express / Gray Tank: Target / Necklace: Express / White Jeans: Express Shoes: Sole Society

TWO: London Sweater: Express / Lace Cami: Express / White Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society

THREE: Twill Moto Jacket: Express / Barcelona Cami: Express / White Jeans: Express / Sandals: Forever 21 (Similar)

FOUR: London Sweater: Express / Lace Cami: Express White Jeans: Express Shoes: Sole Society

I that they're comfortable and opaque and they come in Short, Regular and Long lengths (while supplies last, anyway). And I've loved seeing how some of my blogging friends wear their white jeans lately too:


If some of our outfits look similar to each other, it's not by accident. I decided to pair my black London sweater with my white jeans after seeing Tracy's outfit, and Rachelle surprised me by of using my beige sweater and white jeans look for her outfit inspiration on my birthday!


2. Winter White...Nails

I started reaching for darker nail colors in fall and have mostly been sticking with those, but white tips like these have been all up in my Instagram feed:

Essie Blanc is my go-to white polish, and I'll be getting it back on my nails ASAP thanks to the influence of these ladies!


3. Sweater Sale

Most sweaters are on sale for 30-40% off at Express right now (except the newest additions), including my two favorites, the London Sweater (shown above with white jeans) and the Marled Knit Cover Up.


The discounted price plus these outfit sets from Express and Skye finally pushed me to order this in the second color:

Now can someone point me to some leopard loafers just like the (sold out) ones in the far left picture so I can finally have that complete brunch outfit? Brunch is my favorite meal so I think I need that complete outfit.


4. Super Bowl XLIX


Who else will be watching the Super Bowl this weekend? I know I will, and I'll be cheering for the same team as last year, probably even wearing the same outfit! And aside from the sports part, I can't wait to hear Idina Menzel's version of the National Anthem and see Katy Perry's halftime show. Hope you all enjoy the show and have a great weekend!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday

CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. Oh yes. You make me smile. I have to remember to pull out these outfits and wear them again. Or at least take a photo of how I remixed them. Love the remix coined by Carylee. Reminds me of the HGTV show where you remix your home with items you have stored away instead of buying new things. Rambling again. Thanks for featuring me. You've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for posting all the white pant looks. Because I think you just gave me four outfits for my remix challenge. :) I do really love the white nails which surprised me. I just can't use my fave hand lotion because it turned my nails a bad pale pink!
    Happy Friday! I always love these roundups of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited to see Idina sing and Katy Perry's halftime show too. My team didn't make it to the superbowl so I will have to root for the Seahawks. lol! I can't stand the Patriots! I've also been wearing my white jeans like crazy. I wasn't sure about them at first but now I love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I keep wanting white jeans because I love seeing everyone style them. Every time I try them on I feel like I want to run from the dressing room in terror. Maybe I need to try this pair. I almost like how everyone is styling them more in the winter than in the summer! You are a master. Also, will you come paint my nails for me each week? Please?

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love white nails! I normally reserve them for Summer but have been loving them these past few weeks!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Friday Favorites. White Jeans for the win. All your outfits and the ladies' are so nice. I loved that look that Kellie put up a few days ago. Also, the half-hour show by Katie Perry sounds great. My 2-year old daughter loves Katie also lol.

    Have a great weekend Gina! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great round up! I love the white jeans all year round, but have yet to try the white polish even tho I like it on others. If I'm being honest, I had zero intentions of watching the big game this weekend - yep, sore loosers at this house! But alas, I will go and hang with friends, enjoy munchies and the half-time show :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com
    p.s. Thanks for the feature!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these looks for winter with white jeans! I haven't worn mine in awhile. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. White jeans for me is a must for any season. Love all the looks with the white jeans you have here.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am all about winter white! Cant stop, wont stop. Those jeans are sooo cute on you! I will most definitely be watching the Super Bowl on Sunday, but I'm rooting for the other team :)
    xoxo Danielle
    For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, thanks for the feature. Who knew I'd inpsire someone :-). I really like that Marled Knit Cover Up and admire it on you each time you post it. I want one, but I really can't buy any more sweaters. I am running out of room on my sweater shelf. Hava a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i know i could never wear white jeans but they look so fab on you. i swear i saw some leopard loafers the other day but i don't remember where.. target or payless maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my white jeans! They always spruce up an outfit so well!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have to stay awake or wake up at 3 am (Dubai time) to watch. My husband is a fan so chances are I might be up to accompany him.. enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love brunch as well and that outfit is super cute! The loafers make the look, so you've definitely gotta rock them! Enjoy your weekend hun!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the collection of those outfits with white jeans. So laid back but polished.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy it's finally o.k. to wear white in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving all the white jean looks! And yes that was nice of rachelle to do a look inspired by you for your bday! I need a new pair of white jeans for spring/summer so I'll keep my eye out for those express ones when I'm ready to purchase

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cardigan you got in the sweater sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your recap - all the looks are great!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I defiantly have to try white jeans for the winter, love all those looks!

    -Ruya
    Sweet, Short & Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really need to give myself the time to find a great pair of white jeans! You styled them so many ways that I know I could clearly get many uses if I add a pair.
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't have the figure for white jeans but I sure love them and they look great in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!