1/2/15

A Year of Pin-Spiration

|
Today I'm sharing one last look back at 2014 Favorites, this time looking specifically at my favorite outfit interpretations from the past year.


I think my favorite (and most surpising!) fashion discovery of 2014 was figuring out that I dress like a rap mogul. But it turns out Jay-Z is a pretty great style inspiration, and I went on to imitate three of his outfits this year: (Original Posts: Sagittarius Style and Working Backwards)

Blazer: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Forever 21 / Shoes: Sole Society

Sweater: Express / Tunic Tank: Target / Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Booties: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar)

Moto Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Booties: Target (Similar)  / Necklace: Old Navy  / Belt: Target


When the ladies from my favorite guilty pleasure TV show started wearing clothes from my favorite store, it was a no-brainer for me to re-create some of their looks. (Original Post: Real Housewives Style)
 Blouse: Express / Skirt: Express  / Shoes: Zara / NecklaceForever 21

Blouse: Express / BeltGap / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Vince Camuto "Luciah" / Necklace: Old Navy


This one just might be my favorite post of the year. I never want to look worse than the person whose outfit I'm re-creating, so what better way to avoid that risk than by not dressing like a person? Re-creating outfits has become a piece of cake, so this year I decided to take it literally. (Original Post: Outfits Take the Cake)
Image: Source
Sweater: Express / Shorts: J. Crew (Exact Color Sold Out)/ Sandals: Marc Fisher Camron Wedge / Watch: Tommy Hilfiger / Bracelet: Etsy / Necklace: Old Navy

Image: Source
Lace Tank:  Express / Cami: Express / Shorts: J. Crew (Exact Color Sold Out) Necklace: Forever 21 / Chevron Bracelet: Express / Sandals: Vince Camuto "Luciah"



I think I've worn this outfit three times in real life since doing this re-creation. It's one of my favorite night-out looks, and I even wore for my meet-up with Carylee and Noelle. (Original Post: Scorpio Style)
Barcelona Cami: Express / Blazer: H&M ( Forever 21 version) / Jeans: Nordstrom / Necklace: Target / Bracelet: Express  / Bag: Forever 21 / Shoes: Nordstrom (Similar)


It's not so much this outfit that I think is special, but it was just so nice to find a nice staple piece like this tee at a such great price! It goes with pretty much everything. (Original Post: The Striped Tee)
 Tee: Nordstrom / Scuba Leggings: Express (Similar) / Scarf: Express (Similar) / Booties: Target


I feel like my fashion inspirations came full circle in this post with outfit re-creations from my favorite childhood fashion icon - Barbie. (Original Post: I'm a Barbie Girl)
Image of Barbie™ via @BarbieStyle,  © Mattel, Inc.
Blue Shirt: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Sandals: Jessica Simpson (Option) / Bag: Jessica Simpson "Megan"

* * *

2014 was really a blast for me with this blog. I had so much fun making new content, new friendships, and especially new versions of "already been done" outfits. Thanks for your support and I hope you'll keep on coming back for more in 2015!




Get Pinspired Linkup:


Get Pin-Spired Linkup:  Pinterest Told Me ToThe Larson Lingo, and Mix & Match Mama


Also Linking up with:

 Shanna Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Victoria / Tara Jacqueline & Elle / Jenna  Fashion Friday / Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci /

CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. I love this and it's funny how you recreated the cake look so well lol. I need to do that white blazer look with my white vest.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great round up of favorite looks! I think my favorites are the cake recreations and the Barbie inspired outfit!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha who knew Jay Z had such great style to copy?! haha So funny! The cake and barbie one is genius! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great and fun(ny) year for you!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really find your inspiration everywhere! I love it!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfits! We are just loving your outfits like the cakes, so awesome!! :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that you get your inspiration from everywhere :) and you rock those looks way better than jay z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these outfits!! LOL at the Barbie one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love these, so fun and inspiring.
    ☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ Happy New Year ♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Barbie one is so great (and comfy too!). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post, the outfits look stunning :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2015/01/happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cake outfit is one of my favorites! But also because I think it's just such a beautiful cake! And the white blazer of course since I could not wait to replicate that asap! Still such a great and classic outfit! I definitely had fun finding out where you pull your Pinspiration! Always creative and perfect with execution!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness you nailed EVERY SINGLE LOOK! Well done!!!!! xoxo, Sheaffer :) p.s. My favorite would have to be the Barbie outfit! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL Loving those first two photo's and your outfit inspirations. LOL!!!

    Andrea @ Mommainflipflops.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Outfits <3


    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. HILARIOUS and so much fun!! Love the Jay-Z looks and the cake looks!! You look great in everything!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you found outfit inspiration from a cake and Jay-Z. ;)

    Lauren | Disco Daydream

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely admire where you get your inspiration from. You go beyond clothes and Jay Z looks like he has some style.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them all.
    http://stylediarybyosy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!