12/24/14

It's a Wrap

|
I made a resolution at the beginning of 2013 to stop buying cardigans. I know that sounds crazy since they're a wardrobe staple to many, but I wanted to step up my style a little and I thought adding jackets and blazers instead of more cardigans would help get me there. And I've completely stuck to that resolution for almost two years. Until now. Sort of. I'm justifying my new purchase because technically I bought a "Cover Up." And that's different from cardigan, right? 

I've been bombarded by outfits I could easily re-create because I had everything...except for a Cover Up. The beige version in particular is a celebrity staple, like these on Charlize, Sienna, Kristin and Julianne:

And it's just everywhere on blogs and Pinterest:


The Express version even made my Fall Reader Favorites list here and somehow I stayed strong. But the weather finally cooled down here and I found myself wanting to re-create some of these looks for Winter, so I took the plunge and bought it.

Here's how it looks with celebrity-inspired styling:
Cover Up: Express / Black Barcelona Cami: Express / Jean Leggings: Express / Booties: Target

Cover Up: Express / White Tee: Gap / Olive Cargo Skinnies: Guess (Similar) / Flats: Steve Madden

I also loved the outfit set Express created for the Black version of this sweater and thought it would work just as well with my beige version so I tried this one too:

Cover Up: Express / White Lace Cami: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Flats: Steve Madden

Sometimes sweaters with this look can be kind of itchy but this one is definitely not. It's totally soft and comfortable and feels like I'm wearing a sweatshirt or hoodie. I don't think I'm ready to give up my blazers and jackets altogether in favor of cardigans, but I do think they're just the right piece for certain outfits so I'm glad to have one in my closet again!


Shop the Post:





Linking up with:
 Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / VictoriaShanna / Tara / JoLynne
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. I love cardigans, they are just so easy to throw on. I was going to Express today to get the oversize shirt in blue, yes I caved after seeing on a friend tied around her waist yesterday lol. I will check this cardi, I love it on you. They look so great with leggings for a casual look. Thank God they still have 50% off.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a great cardigan. I love the texture and ribbed edge. You look cute as always! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I'm glad you wavered and jumped on this one...it's fantastic!! Love the texture, cut, and color of it!! Well worth the purchase as you've already showcased here!! :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, I love cardigans, but I do know what you mean. They always end up being my "go-to" instead of picking something nicer like a blazer. Probably why I don't own too many blazer yet. haha! Hope you have a great Christmas girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cardigans, cover-ups, wraps...I can't get enough of them either! Love the texture and color of the cover-up! You styled it perfectly and it looks great on you! Merry Christmas Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are on the same page today! I love your cardigan and the ways you have styled it. Thanks for the inspiration. I think this was a good way to break your rule. ;) Merry Christmas!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I got dressed a few times this week and wished I had a great wrap up cardi! Clearly, I need to get some in my life.
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! I'm glad you broke the rule too! I love mine from Old Navy from Monday and this follows a similar suit. Great inspiration! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cardigans hide a multitude of body sins (fat) in my opinion, I just love them. Great inspiration pics here. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wraps! It's funny because I'd rather wear a wrap now than a cardigan. They are just so easy to throw on over everything. As a ex cardigan fanatic, I've come a long way. They look great on everyone too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, cardigans are the best creation ever! I'm actually wearing one today! =)

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin, Pinterest and like on Facebook?
    Please let me know, I always follow back =)

    www.theclosetcrush.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cardigans and used to be able to wear them a lot in my old classroom which was like an ice box..my new classroom however is sweltering hot so I had to give up my cardigan craze! This Express one you are wearing is super cute! Merry Christmas Gina!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cardigans and wraps! I wear them all the time at work and at home. I try to only buy ones with pockets which are so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wrap cardigans are wonderful and great to layer with and super versatile. Love to have at least a couple of neutral ones, like your beautiful oatmeal cardigan. Thanks for linking to WWW, Gina!

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Here is to a Wonderful 2015!!


    <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, I LOVE that cardi / cover up thingy.
    I am really bad with cardigans. I have a bunch, the smaller fitted ones, and I never wear them because they don't really fit over tops very well and I always just feel like they are too fitted, you know? I don't know, it's weird. I'm slowly coming to the realisation that I don't love some things in my closet and it's ok not to love them. I bought what I guess you'd call is a cover up (a big oversized cardi) and i've already worn it more in the last few weeks than i wore my smaller cardis all year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that cardigan, but I really need to resist making it a home in my closet! I have soooo many sweaters and cardigans. It's outrageous. I should probably go through them to see if any are ready to retire. hmmm Maybe then I would have room for this cardigan! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!