12/19/14

Friday Favorites 12/19/14

|
Welcome to a short and sweet edition of Friday Favorites. Time is just flying this time of year and I am not finding myself with a lot of extra time to blog, just as I imagine most people aren't finding a lot of time to read lengthy blog posts!

1. This V neck Double Zip Vent Tunic Sweater (shown here on Erin Hartman) is everywhere lately!
If you read here regularly you know I'm a fan of the London Sweater (see a few of my outfits in this post), but this V Neck Sweater seems to be a big hit with everyone else. So if you tried the London sweater and it didn't work for you, this one might be your thing.

That's exactly what happened with Skye: the London didn't work for her, but she did like the V Neck Double Zip sweater:


You might recall seeing this same sweater on Amy Ann back in September:
Amy Ann's Original Post: Here/ Photo Credit: Jami Leavitt Photography

And this week Charnele  shared her outfit with the V neck Double Zip Vent Tunic Sweater as well:

And if these ladies didn't give you enough outfit options for this sweater, Express made it their item of the week on and created three cute outfit sets for it on Instagram. I've identified and linked to any of the items in those sets I could find below for easy shopping. Unfortunately some of the best pieces are sold out online, but you may have luck finding them in store!
Sweater / Jeans / Necklace / Moto Jacket / Booties


Sweater / Skirt / Bag / Boots / Coat



Sweater / Tuxedo Shorts / Heels / Vest / Necklace 



This sweater comes in seven different colors and seems like a hit with shoppers, so the only thing I can't figure out is why it didn't get a cool city name like London? V-Neck Double Zip Vent Tunic Sweater is quite mouthful and a lot to type. The Paris or Vienna Sweater would have a much nicer ring to it!
V Neck Sweater


2. I had a couple of comments about the Zip Pocket jeans I shared on Wednesday. Mine came from Express last year and are no longer available, but I did find an almost identical style at Madewell:
Madewell Skinny Skinny Biker-Zip Jeans vs. Express Zip Pocket Jeans

The Madewell jeans are on the expensive side, but if you have your heart set on that style you can always stalk them for a good post-holiday clearance sale.

3. Speaking of sales, this is happening now- Black Friday Part 2 at Express!


For some of my top sale picks and Reader Favorites see these posts: One / Two / Three

* * *
That's it for my favorites today! Have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday for Capricorn Style!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
JoLynne / Alison / The Pleated Poppy / Rachelle & Charnele / Katie
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

CONVERSATION

21 comments:

  1. V neck sweaters are such a wardrobe staple. Great job showing how they can be dressed up or down. Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good sweater! I've bought too many this season... Thanks for sharing! Happy Friday my friend!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. the zip sweater is so cute, everytime is see Charnele in here's I want one. So sad I missed on the sipper jeans last year, dunno if I want to invest $124 in the madewell pair but they are so cute. Let me go browse that express sale now

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both sweaters, but I must admit that little zipper on the other sweater is a cute added touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a keen eye for spotting Express looks on other bloggers! This V-Neck is very cute! Happy Friday!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that double zip v neck sweater! I tried on the London sweater and wasn't really too excited but I really like this one! I may have to add it to my wishlist! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny your talking about this v-neck sweater tunic...I've eyed it the last few times I've been in the store (especially the red one)!! I LOVE the zippers on either side, however, the front appears to be shorter than I prefer, so I haven't tried it on. I know, I need to just try it and not judge a sweater from the hanger :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you reviewed the double zip sweater vs the London. I still have not decided if I love the London sweater on me or not. I think I'll try to get the double zip and then compare them! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love zip sweaters and am currently wearing one now while typing this I really like this post I tried on the London and it didn't fit quite right but I love this one and how you styled the look!
    http://lachiquitamissi.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want every pair of shoes you have in this post but especially those feather sandal pumps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that side zip sweater! I tried it on and I am regretting not snagging it up! I love the zip pocket jeans they look fabulous on you! Hope you have a productive weekend!
    Marianne
    www.googirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another 50% off sale? Oh man! That's so tempting, but I'll probably refrain since it's almost Christmas! Happy weekend Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously love that double zip on charnele!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the feature Gina! Yeah the London sweater didn't really look right on me so I opted for this one. So I think it's a great option for those who didn't get into the London sweater. We should totally just call it the paris sweater LOL. Happy Friday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love my london sweater but the v neck one is super cute on everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the double zip tunic with the leather leggings <3

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved that sweater on Charnele!! I need to look out for it, but dangit I really cannot shop for myself right now!!!! So many color options! I just should not read your blog until after Christmas. So tempting! Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  18. The all black faux fur vest is to die. I love the glossy sheen. It make statement but isn't super loud.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  19. That gray V-Neck sweater is gorgeous and you created three great outfits with it. I also love your first outfit with the burgundy V-neck and Gray Skinny Jeans. Looking great, Gina.

    Ahhh I wish I was near an Express right now. I could easily spend at least 500$ there, especially with the 50% off sale.

    Merry Christmas to you & yours! <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The sweater on Cha is the only I have been eyeing for a while but I just don't want to get it lol. Every time I see it though, I want it.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!